Nightwalkers (605)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
    What happened to FH? Should we continue rewatch without her?
    I'm still here. Sorry for falling off the map... or grid... or possibly, disappearing into a black hole.**

Like the jigsaw master mentioned, I've had some issues to get out of the way, and I was on vacation last week. Had to do a little recharging -- notwithstanding the sun decided to play hide-and-seek until we went up to the Teide National Park and no shadow was found for the entire duration of our walk so ... dead.

I've scheduled to continue this weekend and push through to the end.

** I've been hanging around Team TARDIS a lot lately, travelling through space and time.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Push through? You make it sound like its a chore?
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        This episode is a chore.
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          If it were, I wouldn't be doing it... My sister will confirm that doing chores is not my strong suit. (unless there's a reward at the end)

Though no idea that's said in reference to chores. I meant it in a positive Allons-y, Allonzo!-kinda way.

Comment

Team Tardis is a good distraction! I just keep hopping back to see if you posted, glad all is well. I was missing you!

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
              Team Tardis is a good distraction! I just keep hopping back to see if you posted, glad all is well. I was missing you!
              I was missing me too.

But I'll be back in full force, and I dug out the bag of books I was gifted by friends who cleaned out their bookcases and noticed there were several stargate related books in the stack so I'm hoping to put them to good use (other than to trip yours truly on her way out of the room).

Comment

I miss no one except Peg
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  I've scheduled to continue this weekend and push through to the end.
                  And another one that didn't age well 2 years after posting...

However, life did take a serious dip in that period... some life changing events...

Comment

I like this episode very much, it reminded me of The X Files, but it is a good thing as I like this TV series as well.

The interesting plot and its development, the amazing interaction among Sam, Jonas and Teal'c.

I like this episode so much that I do not mind even the plot holes which are there (when a man starts thinking there are some strange things, maybe someone else could explain them to me, mainly about how these symbiotes control bodies at night)

1. when they took the control at night are they able to recognize when people wake up? to make sure that they will return to bed before it as the people would certainly wonder why they are in the shipyard in the morning

2. are the symbionts able to prevent people in waking up in the middle of night? what if one of them would wake up during the work on the ship?

3. the last thing - I do not understand why they decided to goa'ulded Sam and Cross, it would not be helpful to them at all, immediately after their wakening they would inform their superiors. They both knew that symbionts are in the people in the town and they would realize that they were taken by Goa'ulds as well according the last thing which happened to them before taking. Sam would remember that few of them attacked her in the motel (certainly she would try to fight them) and Cross would remember that his partner shot him with the Goa'uld's weapon. (I always assumed that Singer has to been goa'ulded without knowing about it - it doesn't sound too probably but I do not see a different explanation)

Comment

I generally remember this episode as the one where Jonas dips those onion rings in his milkshake.

Comment

Working...
                      X