No announcement yet.

Nightwalkers (605)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can any of you gate buffs help me out, something from this episode confused me. Adrian Conrad, last time we saw him was when he was at the NID safehouse wasn't it? Did I miss something? Where is he now? Did Jack 'take care' of him, or did he stay as a guest of the NID? the next mention of him seems to be in 'Nightwalkers'. Thanks for your help, feel free to reply to this post or email me to clear up my confusion. [email protected]

Comment

In Prometheus
      Spoiler:
      he gets released, along with Colonel Simmons, and they nick the Prometheus. There's a whole thing and the upshot is no more Conrad, no more Goa'uld.
      Last edited by Madeleine; 31 October 2004, 09:15 PM.
      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

remember to put some spoilers I forgot it one time and I paid the price with some red points so keep this in mind
        Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
          remember to put some spoilers I forgot it one time and I paid the price with some red points so keep this in mind
          He doesn't need to put spoiler warnings for season six episodes anymore. The requirement for that season went away about a month ago, when season seven started in US syndication.
          Rocky

Comment

Oh yes, I'd forgotten that we don't need SS for s6 any more, and I edited some in. But I think I'll leave it there, simply cos JtC asked a question which seems to say he hadn't seen that ep.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
              He doesn't need to put spoiler warnings for season six episodes anymore. The requirement for that season went away about a month ago, when season seven started in US syndication.
              ooh I qppologize I didn't know.Cool no more spoiler for season 6 for everyone
              Lord Zedd

Comment

So I liked it. Had a very XFiles feel, but it was the feel from the XFiles in the years that I liked that show. Over all I have a few quibbles and comments.

a) Could SG1 have been more ragingly obvious than to walk into small town Oregon dressed all in black (and leather pants woohoo), and driving a blue Ford that looked like it was pulled out of a government motor pool?

b) I liked Jonas in this episode. First one so far that I've seen that I didn't hate him. Good interaction with Sam. Got the feeling that she didn't really like him yet. Loved the slap. Loved "Goa'uld" Sam. Kind of which she'd slapped him again.

c) Like that they've been CGIing the goa'uld. They look more real.

d) Was it just me, or were the NID containment team using really horrible urban tactics and search tactics?

e) It felt like it wrapped to fast, like they had Sam zat them and than went "whoops, only eight more minutes!"

f) It was nice to be reminded that Sam can be a competent military officer and leader. It's been easy to forget lately.
                Last edited by Major Fischer; 15 November 2004, 05:07 PM.

Comment

I know I'm coming late to the party, but I just saw this ep last night. I really enjoyed it.

Mulder and Scully. . . oops, sorry Sam and Teal'c and Jonas went to investigate the death of a scientist. I suppose I liked it so much because it was so X-Files-ish. Even the town-Steveston-could so be an X-Files town.

I thought they wrapped things up a little quickly at the end. A vaccine against the symbiote?

Anyway, how about the clothes? Teal'c got into Shaft's closet. Okay, Sam, leather pants? She must have raided Farscape's wardrobe closet. I'm still trying to figure out why Jonas was carrying a man purse. But overall, they had a kick ass wardrobe.

I still believe Mulder and Scully were geared up and ready to go through the Gate.

Lisa Michelle

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                    So I liked it. Had a very XFiles feel, but it was the feel from the XFiles in the years that I liked that show.
                    Everyone else says X-Files. It's funny, I just instantly thought 'Lovecraft'. I was actually kind of disappointed that it turned out to be the Goa'uld rather than the Insects from Shaggai.

I suppose it goes without saying that I loved this ep. I've mentioned it before, probably in this thread, but it also inspired the SG-7 series of fanfics, an almighty 30 story arc (5 written to date) that got into my brain and wouldn't go away!

a) Could SG1 have been more ragingly obvious than to walk into small town Oregon dressed all in black (and leather pants woohoo), and driving a blue Ford that looked like it was pulled out of a government motor pool?
                    It's a small town and they ain't from round here(TM). If you're going to be spotted anyway, you might as well look cool.

Plus: Leather pants.

f) It was nice to be reminded that Sam can be a competent military officer and leader. It's been easy to forget lately.
                    Hasn't it just. You know; the Carter in this episode, I suspect even Major Clanger might accept as a major (if not quite a short colonel).
                    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle

Teal'c got into Shaft's closet.

Lisa Michelle
                      Great!

Comment

I have a dark and dirty secret: I actually like "Nightwalkers"
                        It makes no sense: Usually I hate the NID stuff, it had neither my favourite nor my second favourite character in it (not even my third favourite )but I think it´s the only X-filish episode which ever really worked. Maybe because it seemed not to take itself to earnest. And Sam, Teal´c and Jonas had a surprising good chemistry in this episode. Maybe because they seemed to have really much fun with it.

Comment

test

Comment

Hi all first post.

On my way through the show for the first time and have just watched Nightwalkers. I really like Jonas, I've nearly forgotten all about Daniel Jackson. The Jonas/Teal'c chemistry is great.
                            Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor999
                              I have a dark and dirty secret: I actually like "Nightwalkers"
                              So do I... but am not sure why either... it seemed to have the makings of a conspiracy movie at one stage and then turned out just to be the good o'l Goa'uld... I suppose I like the political stuff anyway, which probably helps.

Watching the episode reminds me of how much I like Jonas. Perhaps I have fond memories of Parker Lewis Can't Lose or it's because we're the same age and I can better relate to his charater. But whatever the reason, I like the fact that Jonas got to do Sherlock Holmes in this episode... and the fact that he did it so matter-of-factly is a lovely touch.
                              My take on Jonas is that he is a much more an intuitive character rather than an intellectual one... in that sense he is much more like Jack than Daniel, who in the early days was much more of the intellectual idealist. Hence, I'm glad that we get to see this side of Jonas using his eyes and ears and not just book learning to contribute to the investigation.

It was a fun episode and lots of great chemistry between three of the main characters. More surprising was some incidental humour between Carter and Jonas...
                              sigpic
                              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                                I like the fact that Jonas got to do Sherlock Holmes in this episode... and the fact that he did it so matter-of-factly is a lovely touch.
                                I agree. How many of us would have:
                                a) Noticed that the customers and staff in the Diner were being so dopey;
                                b) inferred that, judging by the numbers affected in the Diner alone, it must be a fairly widespread dopeyness; and
                                c) proposed that the entire town was operating on short sleep?

I wouldn't have - and neither did Sam and Teal'c. But then, Jonas still probably hasn't become as familiar with the outside world of the Tauri as Teal'c has. From my own foreign travels, I know that being in a new environment makes me as 'all eyes' as that, and I want to take in as much as possible. But, even if I had noticed how clumsy the fellow diners were being, I certainly wouldn't have read anything into it, never mind deduced why it was happening. That Jonas Quinn is one brainy chap.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X