Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Nightwalkers (605)

I just rewatched Nightwalkers last night. The first time I watched it, I thought it was an okay episode. But after watching it again, I realized that it is kind of growing on me. Now I think I like it.
    And I didn't realize how much thought went into making the episode until I listened to the audio commentary.
    And for whatever goofy reason, I really liked it when Carter said to Jonas, "Let's get some lunch!"

I saw a bit of this episode on tv recently and it reminded me of a nagging question i had. What did they do with gould ship that was being built by the townspeople? I assumed they used it on the prometheus or did they explain what they did with it?

Quote Originally Posted by stewsith
    I saw a bit of this episode on tv recently and it reminded me of a nagging question i had. What did they do with gould ship that was being built by the townspeople? I assumed they used it on the prometheus or did they explain what they did with it?

You know what? That's a great question, I can't recall if they ever mentioned it again. Though it is likely they transphered it to Area 51.

First Lieutenant meredithchandler73's Avatar

I enjoyed this episode. Like many others have said - it had an X-Files feel to it, which I liked. It was nice to have Carter in charge and I thought the three of them made a nice little team. And Carter's repeated, "Let's have lunch" to Jonas when he said something she didn't want to answer. Cute.

Regarding the "X-Files feel" to this episode: the only thing it was missing was the date and time scrolling on the bottom of the screen. It was either a complete rip-off of "The X-Files" or a campy homage to the "X-Files" right down to the music, the camera angles, the sets, and the lighting.

Good things:

-Carter looks pretty good in those (p)leather pants.
    -Assuming it's a campy homage: funny and silly
    -Yay!! I spotted PDL coming out of the diner.

Bad things:

-Horribly stiff acting by the guest cast (except for the sheriff, even though, MAN! That guy falls asleep faster than anyone I've ever seen)-and, yes, I know, they were supposed to be kind of zombie-like....but....since when have goa'ulds been zombie-like? Yeah, yeah, they were clones....I'm still not buying it.
    -Raining one direction/not raining the other direction/absolutely pouring down rain one direction/still not raining the other direction....I can't believe they let something that obvious slip past!
    -Too much NID!!! The main reason I don't care much for seasons 5 and 6 is TOO MUCH NID!!!!!! THIS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STARGATE AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED!!!! Spin off a show about the NID if need be, but I find the whole subject cliched and trite.
    -Assuming it's a rip-off of "The X-Files": Well....then....it's a rip-off.

I'm just so glad "Abyss" is next.
    Last edited by Callista; January 29th, 2007 at 11:33 AM.

I guess the reason they were zombie-like was that the Goa'ulds inside them were all very immature and only able to take over when their hosts were asleep. One would suppose that, as they're (technically) asleep, it's not as easy to control their overall movement - hence the zombie-like shamblings.

On the other hand, they could have just been really wooden actors!

Staff Sergeant EnterTheWormhole's Avatar

Teal'c Re: Nightwalkers (605)

Well, I saw this ep, and I axctually enjoyed it.

As for the X-Flies homage/ripoff, well, I just thought it was a nice change of pace.

Though I've got one question: since Sam blended with Jolinar several seasons ago, doesn't that mean she couldn't be blended with a new symbiote anyway?

no reason why she couldn't.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

I enjoyed the x-files feel to Nightwalkers, it was certainly very different to all the previous episodes so it was really interesting to see. I thought I might miss Jack when I realised he wasn't going to be in it, but the chemistry between Sam, Teal'c and Jonas was great. Jonas is hilarious and I love that nearly every scene he is in, he's eating; he really does have a thing for Earth food Carter slapping him was great too!
    "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
    S/J all the way!
    Big Honkin' Resolution!

John/Teyla Shipper!
    SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Two_L's View Post
    I enjoyed the x-files feel to Nightwalkers, it was certainly very different to all the previous episodes so it was really interesting to see. I thought I might miss Jack when I realised he wasn't going to be in it, but the chemistry between Sam, Teal'c and Jonas was great. Jonas is hilarious and I love that nearly every scene he is in, he's eating; he really does have a thing for Earth food Carter slapping him was great too!
    I thought it was funny when he asked her, if she really had to hit him that hard, the look on her face before answering was priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Two_L's View Post
    Jonas is hilarious and I love that nearly every scene he is in, he's eating; he really does have a thing for Earth food Carter slapping him was great too!
    I also have a thing for Earth food so I can totally sympathise. Not sure I'd enjoy being slapped by Sam though.

Probie

Just went back and watched this EP. I will give you something to think about. If the infant snake heads can only take over the bodies when the towns folk are at their weakest(asleep). Then why when they implant one in to Sam do they not think 'well she's awake so the little fella can't take over yet'. But nope, they just implant her and assume shes one of them straight away.

Anyway, didn't mind the EP.

Didn't they knock her out with a drug, then implant a goa'uld in her?
    Unconcious is the same as asleep - even better probably.

Probie

Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    Didn't they knock her out with a drug, then implant a goa'uld in her?
    Unconcious is the same as asleep - even better probably.
    Yea, fair call. I'd go back and have a look but i have already returned the DVD. Jonas was awake though. Anyway, it was a strange episode, but i enjoyed it

Airman

Why doesn't Sam and Teal'c sense the Goa'uld?

well they were all clones so there was no naquadah in their blood. it's that which teal'c and sam can detect. it's also why the goauld can detect that sam was once host to jolinar, because of the leftover protein marker and naquadah in her blood.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

love this episode, kinda have a x-files feeling! didn't miss o'neill either... rulez!!!

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar

Arrow2 Re: Nightwalkers (605)

It's hard to believe that the NID could get approval to watch as an entire town was taken over by Goa'uld symbiotes. I mean you would think that the NID would be affraid of some kind of leek or something. For example what if just one of those symbiotes found it's way into a river that led away from the town and into an area where the NID weren't watching. A Goa'uld out on the loose could cause all sorts of unforeseeable problems.

If a goa'uld immediately gets teh memories of its host why does the one in Carter not know she took the drug that would kill it and tell them or do something about it??
    "Wøøf!"

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast