Clear All

Super Carrier Design since it didn't fit in the last post:
    Spoiler:

Tauri Supercarrier Class

Length: 4650 meters
    Beam: 850 meters
    Draft: 930 meters

Crew: 1,200
    Minimum: 460 (without marines, single pilot per fighter, and skeleton crew)
    Marines: 2,500
    Fighter Pilots: 2,200
    Parasite Ship Crew:1,365
    Support Crew: 4,320 (Based on number of pilots, they maintain the fighter squadrons and man the various stations required to operate fighter wing aboard a carrier.)
    Combat Marines: 4,000 (Used For Planetary Assaults and Boarding Actions, Dedicated Assault Carrier carries far more Marines as well as a Army detachment complete with aircraft and vehicles.)
    Total crew: 15,585
    Maximum: 25,000
    Has enough supplies and munitions on board for 24 months for 15000 people, plus 8 months of supplies for 16000 people to support the crew.
    Has enough munitions for 300 sorties before needing to resupply, although it can easily carry a asteroid mining vessel to support internal reconfigurable manufacturing plants equally capable of manufacturing spare parts or ammunition from refined materials. Small scale refinery helps to reduce the need for extended resupply.

Capacity:
    -440 F-302Ds 2 pilots + 3 backup pilots =5*440=2200
    -380 UCAV-302s
    -200 Assault Transports 6 man crew 6*200=1200
    -15 Cargo Ships 12 man crew 12*15=180
    -14 long range scout vessels 5 man crew each 5*14=70
    -6 Corvetes: 50 man crew each. 6x50=300
    -25 Jumpers with full drone load out.
    -Two 304 docking bays 250 man Crewx4=1000
    -Two 304 repair bays
    10 Fighter launch/ landing bays on each side of ship. Two catapults each. 40 Electromagnetic catapult launch tubes each.
    Five Marine Launch Bays on each side of ship.
    Six Cargo transfer bays on each side of ship.
    Forward two level hanger entry capable of landing cargo ships and other aircraft.

Armament:
    -2 Spinal Heavy Grodins with Turreted Projectors
    -10 Qaudruple Mount Asgard Plasma Beam Cannons
    -60 Qaudruple Point Defense Pulse Cannon
    -1 combat drone launcher with 2000 drones.

Defenses:
    -Alterran Barrier Shield
    -Qaud Layer Super Capital Hybrid Alterran/ Asgard Shielding That can act as cloaking device.
    -Nuetronium Based alloy armour
    -Powerful ECM system

Propulsion:
    Asgard Hyperdrive
    Alteran Secondary Hyperdrive
    12 Heavy Gravitic/Ion Assisted Fusion Thrusters

Comment

I designed this ship to fill a niche that I haven't encountered before. Also it's my first post on this site so honest reviews are appreciated.

NC-101 Hephaestus-class resource ship

Description- A ship designed solely for resource discovery, gathering, refining and transportation. As such it is not armed relying on it speed and shield to escape attackers.

Length-500 meters

Depth/height-200 meters

Width-250 meters

Hull is a titanium/trinium/naquadah alloy

Technology- Tau'ri built tech including inertial dampeners, shield generators, sensors, naquadah reactors, naquadria based boost reactor, subspace communication suite, refinery, ion engines, mining drones, stasis pod with built in neural interface, asgard beaming tech and an Asgard hyperdrive.

Compliment- 8 Tel'tak sized asteroid tugs (non FTL)

History- After the Odyssey returned to earth with the Asgard core the IOA, in a rare moment of brilliance, realized that to utilize any of this knowledge they needed resources- more resources than they could currently provide without significantly expanding their off world holdings. As such a large redirection of manpower would be noticed by the rest of the world resulting in disclosure(and them not wanting to give up their power) they commissioned area 51 to design ship capable of gathering, refining and transporting large amounts of rare(on earth) resources. What they designed was a Von Neumann probe/ship. When Samantha Carter heard of this she, not wanting a repeat of the replicators, altered the design to function more like a brainship from a book she had previously read. Her redesign was accepted and construction soon began. The result was the Hephaestus class resource ship. a ship designed to take a terminally ill volunteer and place their body in stasis while linking their consciousness to the ships mainframe where they could assume control. They would remain in this state until a solution was discovered to their disease or they requested to be removed or were for some reason found unfit.

Note- While I drew my inspiration for the brainship from Anne McCaffery's Brain and Brawn series, the Asgard are seen to do something similar in canon.

Comment

Originally posted by tau'ri_cartel View Post
        Note- While I drew my inspiration for the brainship from Anne McCaffery's Brain and Brawn series, the Asgard are seen to do something similar in canon.
        I think the ship is stronger than it needs to be. I think one would design a barebones structure that mines asteroids and pre-processes the ores. Most of these functions could be done by robots, with general control by a small human team (maybe 20-30) who oversee the mining and planning.

With the cost reductions by losing a ton of advanced technology, you could field many more of these ships. Specifically, by using FTL tow drones you could go to a star system, collect the naquahdah asteroids and put them in some convenient location (e.g. in orbit of an Alpha site) and get the resources through the Gate.

but the idea is good.

Comment

This thread is looking pretty dead these days... I wouldn't have expected that. In any case I have a ship design that I wanted to share:

In case it isn't obvious, it's supposed to be some sort of Ancient/Alteran battleship. I designed it back in October and then forgot about it until a few days ago. It's technically unfinished and I was going to put the finishing touches on it today, but the computer that I'm using now is too slow, though it's more than 90% done.

I did have a backstory written up to go along with it but I think I deleted the file at some point. All I remember is that it was supposed to be the ship that formed the backbone of the Ancient fleet before the division between the Alterans and Ori emerged.

I also designed a drone that the ship is supposed to carry a bunch of, and which is also supposed to be an early precursor to the iconic yellow drones:

I've uploaded both models to the sketchup 3d warehouse in case anyone who see's this post wants to play around with them:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/mod...f-53f867ee6ffa
          https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/mod...b-6eccfb7b2ff0

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
            This thread is looking pretty dead these days... I wouldn't have expected that.
            the entire forum is pretty dead.

Nice ship though, it has a strange destiny/lantean design mix that i like.

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
              This thread is looking pretty dead these days... I wouldn't have expected that. In any case I have a ship design that I wanted to share:

In case it isn't obvious, it's supposed to be some sort of Ancient/Alteran battleship. I designed it back in October and then forgot about it until a few days ago. It's technically unfinished and I was going to put the finishing touches on it today, but the computer that I'm using now is too slow, though it's more than 90% done.

I did have a backstory written up to go along with it but I think I deleted the file at some point. All I remember is that it was supposed to be the ship that formed the backbone of the Ancient fleet before the division between the Alterans and Ori emerged.

I also designed a drone that the ship is supposed to carry a bunch of, and which is also supposed to be an early precursor to the iconic yellow drones:

I've uploaded both models to the sketchup 3d warehouse in case anyone who see's this post wants to play around with them:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/mod...f-53f867ee6ffa
              https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/mod...b-6eccfb7b2ff0
              Very good designs. I think the early drone is a great idea, Id actually say its more likely to be a fighter, rathern than early drone though. And could have been the precursor to the dart designs, as they are not like a PJ. Really like the cruiser design, could actually be the science vessel mentioned in Echoes.

And yes this forum is DEAD :'(
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

Modbot Fighter almost finished

Comment

Hey guys I need some help.

I'm moving and want to 3D print some stargate models. I have some of my old shops that I might print but what I really need is Deadalus in really high res in .lwo

I created the modelling pack years ago and its got some of the things I want but not everything. If anyone can help it would be a big help.
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  Stargate : Genesis |
                  Original Starship DesignThread
                  Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                  11000! green me

Comment

Does anyone ever even come here anymore?
                    sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

Hmmm...there's something about the overall design I don't like.

305.jpg

sigpic
                      Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                      https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

@ Stargate Millenium it looks too boxy needs more detail

Comment

Hey PH you still active here? need some help with one of my designs.
                          If you are hit me up.

Comment

This better?

305.jpg

sigpic
                            Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                            https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Still looks too blocky and needs some more detail. its a good basic design but it needs more. take a look at the designs posted in the modeling challenge thread and i am sure you will get the idea if not some ideas on how to improve it.

P.S. what program do you use to model with @Stargate Millenium?

Comment

Working...
                              X