This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew Joshua Talon
    Hey! Daedalus was doing pretty well against the Wraith Armada. If they hadn't found a way to jam our Asgard beaming technology, we'd have finished them off.

As for the Ori, I doubt we could build something this big in time.
    They only were facing 6 ship and they got beaten in the end.
    http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
    The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Try FOURTEEN Hive ships. They wouldn't have been beaten if the Wraith hadn't jammed our transporter tech. We'd have kicked their asses.

Comment

Try FOURTEEN Hive ships. They wouldn't have been beaten if the Wraith hadn't jammed our transporter tech. We'd have kicked their asses.
        The Wraith were caught off guard, it wouldn't work twice.
        The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Down boys...

I think that the existing ships are quite good for now. All they really need to do is put them all in the same place, maybe make a few more. I mean, the Wraith won by sheer numbers! So, the logical conclusion is...

OUTNUMBER THEM!!!

Comment

The Hippo; a transport ship I created for use in the Stargate RPG.

C-304 Hippo Hyperspace Transport

Dimensions:
            Length: 95m
            Beam: 42m (Wingspan 85m)
            Height: 40m
            Crew: 2 (1 Pilot and 1 Navigator/W.O.)
            Additional Occupancy: 14/64*
            Mass: 26 metric tons
            Cargo Capacity: 15 metric tons

Offence:
            2x 13.6mm Railguns
            1x Dual .50 cal Point Defence Turret
            4x Standard missile Hardpoints (usually loaded with BIM-52a missiles)

Defence:
            Energy Shield (reduced in size and power from the Daedalus class ships)
            Chaff & Flares
            Full ECM and ECCM suite
            Ablative Trinium plating

Power:
            3x Mk.2 Naquadah Generators

Propulsion:
            Anti-Gravity System (Allowing the ship to VTOL and hover)
            Ion-Engines
            Type 4 Naquadriah Hyperdrive (with Goddard Buffer)

The ship has living quarters and is capable of sustaining a crew of 16 for 60 days.
            *The cargo hold is pressured and is capable of carrying 50 men for short period of time in cramped conditions, or a Challenger 2 Tank.

I have Floorplans somewhere and may post them.....if i can find them.
            "I'm not crazy. I just have another consciousness in my brain."

Firefly/Serenity Fans checkout:
            http://www.intotheblack.ca/
            Click ME >>>> My 3d Models" <<<<Click ME

Comment

Originally posted by Kip_Cathey_Furlings_are_Cats
              Down boys...

I think that the existing ships are quite good for now. All they really need to do is put them all in the same place, maybe make a few more. I mean, the Wraith won by sheer numbers! So, the logical conclusion is...

OUTNUMBER THEM!!!
              well, that isn't practical, overpower them!!!!!
              The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

And outsmart them.

Super-battleships are all well and good, but they involve a LOT of resources and R&D, not to mention time and effort, to construct. I'm not saying we shouldn't build some "superships", so to speak, to engage enemy fleets and be able to emerge victorious, but those kinds of ships take years to build, and are total nightmares to supply and maintain.

Smaller vessels that don't have the whole "all eggs in one basket" approach are much more practical and cost-efficient. Big, capital ships need support from lots of medium and small ships, because since it's one big target, if it acts alone it could be overwhelmed.

More Daedalus-class vessels, more destroyer and cruiser-type ships, and a couple big battleships and carriers are a lot more flexible than building huge, super-battleships and that's it.

And the Asgard's approach to warfare is very different from ours. They don't require fighters, or large support vessels. It's just not how they fight. Adjusting our military doctrine to fit another race's, when it's not what we need to do, is just foolish.

Comment

And outsmart them.

Super-battleships are all well and good, but they involve a LOT of resources and R&D, not to mention time and effort, to construct. I'm not saying we shouldn't build some "superships", so to speak, to engage enemy fleets and be able to emerge victorious, but those kinds of ships take years to build, and are total nightmares to supply and maintain.

Smaller vessels that don't have the whole "all eggs in one basket" approach are much more practical and cost-efficient. Big, capital ships need support from lots of medium and small ships, because since it's one big target, if it acts alone it could be overwhelmed.

More Daedalus-class vessels, more destroyer and cruiser-type ships, and a couple big battleships and carriers are a lot more flexible than building huge, super-battleships and that's it.

And the Asgard's approach to warfare is very different from ours. They don't require fighters, or large support vessels. It's just not how they fight. Adjusting our military doctrine to fit another race's, when it's not what we need to do, is just foolish.
                  My approach is simple, you build one of my ships, which if you read it, has EMP Wave shield so ships not equiped with a shield (eg, non earth ships) are unable to engage. Then build about 8 more Deadalus Class ships. Build 5 Prometheus Class Ships. And build 1500 more F-302s.
                  The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

All right! More detailed ship idea threads!

I'll be back in a while with an idea of my own (I use a 56K )

Anyway, I'll be back in about within the hour with some specs.

Comment

Originally posted by deadman
                      MS-301 Posieden Class:
                      Size:
                      Length: 2.5km
                      Width: 1.25km
                      Hieght: .5km
                      Decks: 15
                      Weight: 2500 tons
                      Crew: 250
                      Capacity: 1500
                      What kind of stupid values are that?
                      That is even worse then webbers styropor ships.
                      That thing is made out of vacuum.
                      and 33m tall decks?
                      Did the crystall skull aliens build that thing?

Comment

F-305 Fighters
                        Dimensions:
                        Length: 8 m
                        Withd: 10 m
                        Hieght: 4 m

Defensive:
                        Earth-made Shield Generator
                        Trinium Armor

Offensive:
                        twin naquada enhanced nukes
                        1 EMP bomb
                        20 missiles
                        dual ion cannons
                        dual rail guns

Power cell:
                        naquada generator

Propulsion:
                        Hyperdrive Window Generator
                        Ion-based Sublight Drive
                        Dual Hydrogen boosters
                        The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Publius Aemilius Aper
                          It's been a while since I've seen a ship thread on here. So anyone who has designs/ideas for battleships, support craft or fighters post them here. Common sense rules apply. I don't want to see anything like this:

"My ship will be 10km long. It can carry 300 Death Stars in it's hangar(or 3 Billion f302s and 500 000 jumpers). It's equiped with 4 million Trinity cannons and 5 Gazillion drones. It's powered by 500 ZPM;s and 5 black holes and 1 Hamster in a threadwheel. It's captained by Captains Kirk,Picard, JAneway, Sisko, Archer, Hunt and Keys. It is also captained by Vin Diesel. It has two A.I.'s-Romie(from Andromeda) and Cortana.
                          It also carries 1 million Spartan II super soldiers, 3 million tanks and 11Billion nukes. It's shields can withstand the combined force of 10 supernovas every second. It's hyperdrive allows it to get to Atlantis from Earth in exactly 0.00004 nanoseconds. ANd naturally it's main weapon can destroy the UNiverse. "

Please in the name of all that is holy,logical and scientific-don't post things like that!I've seen way too many.

ALso I'm thinking more about ships in the near future than say 30 years from now.
                          EGOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now in use. pps is at 4,929 Terawatts
                          pps = power per second
                          The power that power's the great cities of the Ancients.
                          xfire = zpm
                          [m2k] klan, and forever will be.
                          http://m2kclan.com
                          vent info: voice250.hurricanehost.com
                          port: 3785
                          P90>M4A1+AK47+Machine Gun
                          halo player and cs:s, cs:1.6, cz, cod2.
                          Save Stargate NOW!!!- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Designation: RH-84 “Hermes”

Description: The RH84 Hermes is a medium range reconnaissance vessel. It is designed for scouting and exploration missions, which is why the RH84 is lightly armed and fitted with sub light engines. Instead of engaging targets like the F302B the RH84 relies on stealth to evade detection and high speed engines to outrun other ships. The Hermes has 3 weeks worth of oxygen and enough food to sustain the crew for 2 weeks

Class: Scout Vessel

Role: Medium Range Reconnaissance Vessel

Design: (The design and size is the same as the Delta Flyer from Star Trek, approx 21m in length)

Crew: - 1 pilot
                            - 3 crew

Hull: Carbon Ceramic 17 – an alloy consisting of:
                            -50% carbon
                            -7 % tungsten carbide
                            -28% trinium
                            -15% Naquadah.

Hard points on the airframe are made of solid trinium to sustain hypersonic flight.

Shields: Retrofitted Goa’uld Cargo Ship Shields

Cloak: Radar Absorbing Paint
                            Radar Reflecting Hull
                            Adaptive Camouflage
                            Retrofitted Tok’ra Cloak

Sensors: -Active Radar
                            -LIDAR
                            -FILR
                            -Goa’uld sensors

Power Source: Mk II Naquadah Generator

Propulsion: Sub light Engines – Capable of ¾ light speed
                            Generation 3 (G3) Hyper Drive – Superior to the F302B’s hyper drives and marginally faster than the hyper drive on a Cargo Ship.

Armaments: -1 forward mounted Striker Particle Cannon

The missiles mounted underneath the space craft

-4 Foe Hammer Air to Air missiles – Has the fire power to gun down an F302B

-4 Foe Smasher HE Missiles – High Yield missile deigned to cripple an Al’kesh

-1 High Yield Conventional Tactical Nuclear Missile – Designed to take out large groups of death gliders and destroy or cripple groups of clustered Al’kesh

Electronics: -30/15 Dual Core Terabit Processor, the 1st one is used to regulate normal ship operations, while the second 15 TB processor is completely devoted to the hyperspace generator and used to calculate jump calculations.

-Electronic Counter Measures
                            -Electronic Counter Counter Measures
                            -Digital Interface: There are no analogue gauges or meters, all monitors are LCD touch screen displays.
                            -Secure Encryption link

Other Features: Goa’uld Rings
                            Inertia Dampeners

Quantity in UTF:
                            Vigilant Hermes Silent Willow Silent Wind
                            Silent Observer Autumn Wind Whispering Silence
                            Tainted Silence Frozen Winter Moonlight Sonata
                            Silent Shadow Blazing Summer Rising Wind
                            Moonlight Aurora Ascending Silence

Incremental Upgrades: -larger hyper drive to increase effective range of the vessel
                            ...but courage, and a steadfast resolve will prove the most valuable assets in this undertaking...well, good luck to you all. *Beams out*

CONNECTION: TERMINATED

Comment

Nice thread, so I'm gonna pitch in

Official Name: X-305b
                              Un-Official Name: Apollo-Class Battlecruiser
                              Length: 585 m
                              Width: 207 m
                              Mass: 6,250,000,000 kg
                              Construction: Trinium-Steel Alloy
                              Decks: 12
                              Hangars: 2 Main, 2 Secondary
                              Armaments: 4 Missile Launch Tubes w/ Mk. XII Naquadda-Laced Nuclear Warheads, 6 Canon Batteries w/ 105mm Rifled Naquadda-Laced Armor-Piercing Tank Guns, 24 Railgun Batteries w/ 4.5" Double-Barreled Naquadda-Laced Railguns
                              Support Ships: 4 Wings of X-302b (2 In each Main Hangar), 4 Puddle-Jumpers (2 in each Secondary Hangar)
                              Crew: 65 (Minimum 20 Required due to Automated systems), Maximum Capacity 500
                              Support Crew: 4 USMC Squads w/ these weapons: M249SAW, G36, M8 Carbine, P90, Frag Grenades, Smoke grenades, Flashbang Grenades, Incidenary grenades, Zat-guns
                              Prupolsion: Asgard Hyperdrives, Ion Sub-light Engines
                              Power Systems: 12 Naquadda Generators, A slot for one Z.P.M., One Asgard Power Core
                              Defenses: Asgard-Designed Shielding, Trinium-Steel Alloy Hull
                              Other Technology: Asgard_Beaming Technology, Go'auld Rings, Asgard Communications Technology

History:

During the war with the Ori, the US Government received immense pressure from the Asgard, Jaffa, and the IOA to develop a more powerful warship capable of defending Earth from the ori and not just the Go'auld. When the scentists and engineers at Area-51 received their orders for the X-305 project, they did not feel as though they could create a more powerful ship than the X-304. When the first designs of the X-305 was presented to the IOA and the pentagon, the IOA accepted the ship with enthusiasm, but the Pentagon did not feel as though the ship's weapon and defense systems would be sufficient.

After 6 months of negotiations, the Asgard High Council agreed to give the Tau'ri another piece of their advanced technology, this time, a power core. Though not as powerful as the standard Asgard power core, the Mk. II 'Asgard Generator' was more powerful than a combination of over 25 Naquadda generators. With this new power source, the engineers at Area-51 was able to add wepaons systems to the X-305. The engineers decided to lace everything with naquadda, making every weapon more powerful.

The barrel of the standard railgun was widened by 1" to accomodate for the larger rounds which became 60% Naquadda. The Engineers also laced the Standard Armor-Piercing Anti-Tank round from the M-1 Abrams tank with naquadda to give the ship a more powerful punch. The Scientists at Area-51 also came up with an alloy than is a combination of Steel and Trinium, resulting in a much stronger metal. All of these advancements are then implimented into the X-305b, and both the IOA and the Pentagon accepted the plans for the ship. The pentagon also decided to implement these new advances to the X-302 and the X-304.

Plans were made to build the first X-305, dubbed the 'Apollo' for the Greek God of Light. The Apollo made her maiden voyage on June 9, 2007 above Earth's atmosphere. The Apollo's first major mission was to lead an Asgard, Jaffa, and Earth attack on the Ori consisting of 2 Apollo-Class Warships, 4 Daedalus-Class Warships, 6 Daniel-Jackson Class Warships, 4 O'neill Class Warships, and 20 Hatak vessels. The attack was deemed a sucess with 12 Hatak, 2 Daniel Jackson, and 1 Daedalus Class casualties. To this day, historians beleive that the Apollo-Class Warships played a key role in defeating the Ori and securing the Milky-Way Galaxy. The Apollo's missions are now being conducted in the Pegasus Galaxy, against the ever-hostile Wraith.
                              http://www.bentsynapse.net/images/zidane_dethstar.gif
                              If only we have Zidane on Stargate.....
                              **Mentally replace that deathstar with an Ori ship**

Comment

F-306
                                History
                                After the entrance of the Ori ships into our galaxy, the Pentagon ordered the development of a new Battle Cruiser. Our scientists at Area 51 used a donated Hat'ak, wreckage from Ori Starships, and info donated from the Asgard in the new design. When the scientists were unable create a powercore to power the ship, they turns to the Atlantis team. After long experimentation with the help of the Ancient Respository of Knowledge, Dr. Rodney McKay figured out how to build a ZPM, but sadly, there are not enough materials for mas production, so only a 8 were made.

With 6 ZPMs, the scientists at Area 51 were able to build 6 X-306s. The ships made their maiden voyage in 2007. Their mission was to destory the Supergate. Followed by the Russian 304, The Daedalus, Oddessy, 2 other 304s, and the Ancient Class Orion, the Earth Armada engaged the gate, but were attacked by 30 Ori Starships.

The F-306s engaged and destroyed the Starships and destroyed them with ease. Then the armada delivered several Gatebuster warheads, which took out the gate.

Dimensions
                                Length- 1.25km
                                Width- 658m
                                Decks- 25

Power
                                1 ZPM with an Asgard grade reactor

Shields and Hull
                                Upgraded Asgard Grade Shields based off of ARoK
                                Double foot and a half Trinium-Titanium Alloy Trinum Reinforced
                                Puddle Jumper Style Cloaking (operable with shields)

Propulsion
                                Ancient Class Hyperdrive Window Generator
                                Asgard Sub-Light Drive
                                Anti-Gravity Wave Generator

Craft Hanger1 squadron equals 20 ships
                                5 F-302 Squadrons
                                2 Deathglider Squadrons
                                1 F-305 Squadron(see earlier post)
                                1 Puddle Jumper Squadron

Offensive Weaponry
                                1000 Drones
                                5 Gatebusters
                                2 frontal partical weapons(based off satelight that destroy Prometheus)
                                Ha'tak style energy weapon
                                50 Naquada Nukes
                                10 Hellfire II Orbit to Surface Nukes
                                Long Range Missile Turrets

Defensive Weaponry
                                Rail Guns using M41A Abrahams Anti-tank Shells
                                Short Range Missile Turrets
                                1 EMP Wave Generator

Escape pods
                                Number: 20
                                Number of People: 5
                                Power: Naquada Reactor
                                Propulsion:
                                Ion-Based Sublight Drive
                                Anti-Gravity Wave Generator
                                Tech:
                                Sub-space Transmission Radio/ Distress Transmitter

Other Tech
                                Ancient Deep Space Communications Array
                                Deep Space Scanners
                                Life Signs Scanner
                                Asgar Transport
                                Rings
                                4x Sarcoffagus
                                The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X