This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Camelot" Theories

I know as of this writing that the US has not seen the cliffhanger for Camelot, but I heard other countries have. Now, if the sci-fi channel went insane and actually cancelled SG-1 and season 9 was its last....would the cliffhanger at the end of Camelot been a fitting end AT ALL? Some shows are cancelled and end in a cliffhanger and the cliffhanger could actually make sense (Angel's cliffhanger....how they will always fight and die for the greater good) What are your thoughts?

Camelot hasn't aired in any country yet.

Comment

This is a good topic for about four weeks from now, when the episode airs.
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Hasnt Canada had it yet?
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

canadas only had atlantis up to E20

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

I think that it would of been dissapointing-- wait. I haven't seen it yet.

Comment

Well, it's just a good thing that we don't have to worry about that.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I just want to get this idea out there before the episode airs just to find out what everyone else thinks.

When considering how the Asgard, Thor, and his hammer, Mjolnir, is interpreted for the series, I think King Arthur (if he does make an appearance) will show up in his ship, The Excalibur, bearing the Grail, which may be a funky satellite dish (it fits to the cauldron image that the Grail is typically portrayed in paintings) that is used to protect the planet from the Ori. I can't see the Grail as a weapon but can as some sort of shield or phantom zone (from the Superman II movie or comics) device.

At first, I thought the Grail may be an object to help the people of Camelot to Ascend, and that idea would stay true to the literary sources, but it would not stay in flavor to how the writers have portrayed past Ascentions (SG-1 with Osama helping the Abydans and Daniel and Atlantis in the episode Epiphany).

I think Arthur will have ascended, so he won't really need his ship. He'll loan it to the SGC, so they'll have three spaceships to use than two.

Comment

Doubtful considering the spoilers (FYI Osama hasnt helped anyone in SG1 ascend, now Oma thats a different story) Im pretty sure that we will see the grail in late S10, and i have a sneaking suspicion that it will be a person (ala The Da Vinci Code)
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                  - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                    Doubtful considering the spoilers (FYI Osama hasnt helped anyone in SG1 ascend, now Oma thats a different story) Im pretty sure that we will see the grail in late S10, and i have a sneaking suspicion that it will be a person (ala The Da Vinci Code)
                    *puts hand up* I'll be the grail, I'll be the grail!

No, serious. I'd hate Excalibur to be a ship...that just seems cliche and silly. Unless its a REALLY cool ship...ohh, maybe its a City Ship that Moros/Merlin was born on and named the sword after it. I want deeper meanings.
                    Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

The grail's to do with immortality right? So, I always thought, that the Grail in SG-Universe would be some kind of ascension technology...
                      It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

I wonder if they're going to do anything with the Grail.

Because remember, the Grail was the cup Christ used in the Last Supper, and was used at the crucifixion to catch some of his blood. So to say it is an Ancient device could be construed by some that Jesus was an Ancient, which doesn't sync up well with what Christian's believe. I'm not saying I would mind that... but other's might.

Now, they could get around this by having the Grail be Ancient tech... but that the device and the actual Cup of Christ were tossed together in myth. When, in fact, they are very different items.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                          I wonder if they're going to do anything with the Grail.

Because remember, the Grail was the cup Christ used in the Last Supper, and was used at the crucifixion to catch some of his blood. So to say it is an Ancient device could be construed by some that Jesus was an Ancient, which doesn't sync up well with what Christian's believe. I'm not saying I would mind that... but other's might.

And Saying that Ancient Gods that some still worship are actually power hungry parasites syncs up and pleases people? It's entertainment, if they dont like it. Tough.
                          Blitz

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

People still worship Ra?

And those "others" that might mind just happen to be the majority of the fan base.

Comment

Yea..people still worship the Egyptian Gods. I pray to them. I know other people who do.

If people cant see the difference between using something as a plot machine/or in a tv show and actually disrespecting something then its their problem.
                              Blitz

Comment

Working...
                              X