This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teyla's Wraith powers

What is up with Weir asking Teyla if her Wraith sensing powers had ever been wrong. She only had the 1 feeling of the Wraith. When they first arrived on her planet she told them that the Wraith hadn't been to her world in several generations. They had the 1 attack where she got the whammy and that was it. Now she is supposed to be the unfallable Wraith Detector??? Just another reason I don't like her I guess. *sigh*
    It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

I love all the characters on Atlantis except Weir for some reason... oh yeah and that Peter Grodin guy annoys me too.

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
      What is up with Weir asking Teyla if her Wraith sensing powers had ever been wrong. She only had the 1 feeling of the Wraith. When they first arrived on her planet she told them that the Wraith hadn't been to her world in several generations. They had the 1 attack where she got the whammy and that was it. Now she is supposed to be the unfallable Wraith Detector??? Just another reason I don't like her I guess. *sigh*

maybe Teyla fought the wraith off of her home world.
      "I've been called ugly, pug-ugly, fugly, pug-fugly, but never ugly-ugly." --- Moe Szyslak

Comment

when Dr. Weir asked if she was ever wrong, she was asking about all of the people. its just like saying: 'have your people been wrong about this feeling?'

and just for the record i like this Weir better then the first one back in Lost city.

Comment

You forget that Teyla and the other Athosians have been to many other planets via the Stargates. No doubt she's encountered the Wraith numerous times.
          To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
            You forget that Teyla and the other Athosians have been to many other planets via the Stargates. No doubt she's encountered the Wraith numerous times.

Exactly. She is a good charter and I like how the Earth side and her side are conflicting, it is what should have happened on Voyager with the Merkie(?).

The only one I don't like is Ford, he acts like he is a five year old that has a crush on Shepperd and that bothers me. It feels like he is just the token "black guy" charater.
            It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by David85
              Exactly. She is a good charter and I like how the Earth side and her side are conflicting, it is what should have happened on Voyager with the Merkie(?).
              The Maquis.

I'm not sure the comparison holds. Voyager was hunting the Maquis as criminals and terrorists. There would not be the same level of animosity inherent in the Terran/Athosian relationship.

The only one I don't like is Ford, he acts like he is a five year old that has a crush on Shepperd and that bothers me. It feels like he is just the token "black guy" charater.
              Yes, he is a little too eager in attitude for a supposedly seasoned veteran who has been on off-world missions before. He should be behaving with more reserve and decorum as befits an officer and the military second-in-command.
              To Infinity And Beyond!

Comment

Yes, he is a little too eager in attitude for a supposedly seasoned veteran who has been on off-world missions before. He should be behaving with more reserve and decorum as befits an officer and the military second-in-command.
                Seasoned veteran? He's a First Lieutenant! That implies he's only be in the Marine Corps for 2 years... He may have been off-world before, but I doubt he's a seasoned veteran.

As for acting with "more reserve and decorum as befits an officer and the military second-in-command" as you put it. LOL Give me a break. You make it sound like nobody in the military, who has some responsiblity is allowed to be fun and have a life.

That is simply not true!! Trust me...there are plenty of Lieutenant Ford's out there!! There fun to be around

Ohh and to get back on topic... Teyla said that the Wraith's last "holocaust" was over 5 generations ago, but they continue to come in small numbers to show their force. Which means that she would have had plenty of opportunites, to use her "Wraith sensing powers". Weir just needed to know if those so called powers could actually be trusted or not.

Ace
                "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

The Maquis.

Voyager was hunting the Maquis as criminals and terrorists.

That's my point, on Voyager they welcomed the terrorists criminals with open arms, yet on SG-A they met a group of humans willing to help and we don't trust them at all.
                  It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                    Ohh and to get back on topic... Teyla said that the Wraith's last "holocaust" was over 5 generations ago, but they continue to come in small numbers to show their force. Which means that she would have had plenty of opportunites, to use her "Wraith sensing powers". Weir just needed to know if those so called powers could actually be trusted or not.

Ace

Ahh, Well I don't remember that, but I'll take your word for it. From what I remember noone had seen a Wraith for 5 generations (or something), but they knew they only came around every couple hundred years or so, and they tried to keep their population down so they wouldn't come back.
                    It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                      Seasoned veteran? He's a First Lieutenant! That implies he's only be in the Marine Corps for 2 years... He may have been off-world before, but I doubt he's a seasoned veteran.

As for acting with "more reserve and decorum as befits an officer and the military second-in-command" as you put it. LOL Give me a break. You make it sound like nobody in the military, who has some responsiblity is allowed to be fun and have a life.

That is simply not true!! Trust me...there are plenty of Lieutenant Ford's out there!! There fun to be around
                      Where did I imply that military personnel shouldn't be allowed to have fun? Ever heard of the difference between "being on the job" and "off-duty recreational time"?

Ford is a first lientenant who is responsible for many other military personnel. How do you know he's only been in the marines for 2 years? Whether 2 years or 5 years, he's not a raw rookie to be chosen for this assignment. Hence, for the purposes of Stargate military expeditions, he's a seasoned veteran.
                      To Infinity And Beyond!

Comment

Where did I imply that military personnel shouldn't be allowed to have fun? Ever heard of the difference between "being on the job" and "off-duty recreational time"?

Ford is a first lientenant who is responsible for many other military personnel. How do you know he's only been in the marines for 2 years? Whether 2 years or 5 years, he's not a raw rookie to be chosen for this assignment. Hence, for the purposes of Stargate military expeditions, he's a seasoned veteran.
                        You can tell by his rank... An Officer will be promoted every two years until the rank of Captain at which point they will be presented to a committee to be promoted.

Which means Ford was a Second Lieutenant for 2 years then he was promoted to First Lieutenant. So I guess technically he could have been in the marines for 2 to 4 years before he left for Atlantis. He is still young.

Again I don't think you can call a First Lieutenant, a seasoned veteran, but if you want to continue that I can't stop you. As for hearing about the difference between "being on the job" and "off-duty recreational time"?

Atlantis brings a new kind of situation where he will always be on duty. Leaving little time for recreational activites. Look at Sheppard, would you complain about him? He threw McKay off a ledge while he was "on the job" he seemed pretty happy and excited about it. He was having fun, did he display decorum and restraint as an officer. Hell no!

Rainbow is portraying Ford exactly like the writers want him too. A young officer who gets to blow up stuff. Which I may add is why many officers join the military. Including me...

Ace
                        "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

airdish > Exactly, her people don't stay on their planet all time ... they've many friends ...

I Love all the character except the colonel but he's dead now ... then no problemo !

Weir is just different. I never say "I hate it" Let's just say it's different ... somepeople love other doesnt ...
                          - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
                          - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
                          - The Nox

Comment

Teyla said that the last MAJOR wraith invasion was years ago. But they still send minor parties every now and then.
                            sigpic

Comment

The anthosians saw what appeared to be "shadows"- what the Wraith make them see. So, it's only logical to assume that there would be Wraith there. They never said she was unfallable. Don't be so harsh on her- she seems to be a good, strong leader of her people.

Comment

Working...
                              X