• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maternity Leave (215)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON TWO
    MATERNITY LEAVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 215

When Claire's baby falls ill, she joins Rousseau and Kate on a mission to the facility where she was held after her abduction -- and remembers what happened to her during those forgotten weeks. Jack and Locke attempt to keep their prisoner a secret.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 23 November 2007, 05:44 PM.

Excellent episode!

Loved seeing the girls go out to kick butt on their own. Loved the revelation that there is a connection between Ethan and the Others (okay maybe not a revelation, but the guy tried to hide the connection before). Loved the costumes and fake hair they found. Excellent.
    "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

We do now know a bit more about what motivates the Others, thanks to this episode. But all in all I was a bit disappointed. I was hoping for a more sinister explanation to Rousseau's presence on the Island. And Claire is getting on my nerves. I guess it's true; once you have kids you become insufferable. She can die next. Please?

I'm looking forward to the looming civil war between Locke and Jack, its fires stoked by "Henry."
      Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
      I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
      What have these years left to me?
      Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Fantastic episode!

Okay, so the older guy Claire saw in her flashbackie: was that the officer in last week's ep who got Sayid to torture his fellow captive?

He did tell Sayid that one day he'd need his new skills to get the answers he wanted.

Since they showed glue and a fake beard, does that mean that the older man was also the boat captain who took Walt?
        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Not sure about the older guy. I think the one Claire saw in the flashbacks is the same one from the boat and that confronted Jack/Locke/Sawyer in "The Hunting Party", but not sure if he's the one who taught Sayid to be a torturer.

And was it just me, or did everything in the bunker seem like it was really old and had been abandoned for a really long time? It looks where Claire was held, but "when" was she actually held there?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
            Okay, so the older guy Claire saw in her flashbackie: was that the officer in last week's ep who got Sayid to torture his fellow captive?
            The actor who plays the bearded guy isn't listed in the credits for 'One of Them'.

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
            Since they showed glue and a fake beard, does that mean that the older man was also the boat captain who took Walt?
            That was definitely the same guy. You can tell by his voice, it's very distinctive. I find it pretty amazing that the shabby stranded sailor appearance was a disguise. The Others are more sophisticated than we've been led to believe for the last half-season. A fully equipped nursery, a full surgical team...there's something pretty big going on on this island.

a time to mourn

Comment

I don't think the guys that kidnapped Claire and Walt are the same as The Others. in other words, I don't think the people that work for the Dharma Institute are the same as the others. Think about it. We know Ethan worked for these guys, but back in S1 when they were tracking him, he left prints and we know the others leave no tracks and are totally silent, as seen in the episode where Jin and Eko hide and see the bare feet go by and the teddy bear on the string.

On a totally seperate note, wow, Claire was drugged to high-heaven.

Comment

The only bit I didn't like was at the end where Locke was so easily affected by the prisoners mind games, I'd of thought it would of been obvious what he was trying to do...

Comment

Excellent episode.
                  Anyone who is complaining after last night seriously needs to get their head out of places where heads aren't supposed to be.

Very interesting too. The hatch did look quite abandoned, but the flashbacks couldn't have actually taken place more than 2 months ago.
                  But it definitely had to have happened on the island because of the Rosseau, the girl getting Claire out, and when Ethan was talking to Zeke about making the list - and that they had a manifest.

More and more I'm starting to think the plane was crashed on purpose.
                  The plane did have a Dharma logo on it remember,
                  and here's a screenshot I took of the mobile over the baby's crib in that room in the Med bunker..oh, hey look, oceanic airlines!

also, ethans keychain was a dharma logo, and so did his canteen.
                  also i saw a picture showing that the logo on ethan's canteen is the same logo that was on the shark

Comment

Military Guy is Kate's Father.
                    Old boat guy (and guy in the woods) is someone different.

The guy in a greenish suit is boat guy, without his costume.

The writers have said the plane crashed for a very specific reason.

How are people unsure when the flashbacks happened? They were the days Claire was kidnapped by Ethan in Season 1.

Something strange also. When Claire had the dream (with Locke's weird eyes and hearing a baby cry), she sees a baby in a crib. Over the crib is....an airplane mobile. It's an oceanic airlines logo, and I think the dharma logo (definately something on the tail) but the Oceanic logo is different than the one in Maternity Leave. Could be a prop error though.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan
                      Military Guy is Kate's Father.
                      No I don't mean Kate's father, but the older officer with the white stubble beard. Kate's dad was in the back of the truck with Sayid. The officer I'm thinking of is the one who got out of the passenger side of the truck and talked to Sayid - the one who gave him the money.
                      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

You're saying these are the same people?

Comment

I believe the one in Sayid's flashback is played by Clancy Brown, who's played such roles as the guard from Shawshank Redemption and the Drill Sergeant from Starship Troopers. He's definitely not the hairy man seen on the island.

Comment

The dude who gave Sayid the money was The Kurgan in Highlander and certainly not the one in this episode

Anyway, excellent episode - however I did find it a bit odd how easily Locke fell for the old 'why do you let him call the shots?' ploy. I guess Locke could have been really wound up about it for a long time and having someone spell it out for him has sent him over the edge but from my point of view that would have set my alarm bells ringing. I certainly would have asked myself why does this man want to cause dissent? He must be hiding something...

In any case I think that absolutely confirms he is 'one of them'.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                              The actor who plays the bearded guy isn't listed in the credits for 'One of Them'.
                              TPTB sometimes do that to fool the audience. On "X-Files", Nick Lea had a few episodes where he wasn't listed in the credits, to purposely shock the fans when Krycek would suddenly show up in a small scene.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Working...
                              X