No announcement yet.

Frozen (604)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved Frozen. It introduced my second favourite character ever on the show.

My only complaint is that Ayiana didn't survive

Out...

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
      There would have been no way for them to ask her, and the Tok'ra do not take unwilling hosts.
      They do. Jolinar took Carter. Lantash took Elliot.
      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Theoretically the Tok'ra don't take unwilling hosts. And given how tramautized Sam was after Jolinar took up residence, I can't see the SGC condoning the 'snaking' of unwilling victims. Especially one like Ayiana, who might not know what was going on (unlike Jack, who wasn't crazy about the idea but went along with it, or Elliot, who likely had some inkling).

Comment

I liked Frozen. It was a great episode

My only complaint is that Ayiana didn't survive

Comment

TPTB like to tease us, look its a real ancient, and just as she's in a state to tell us what happened to them she snuffs it! Harsh,very harsh!
            still it was a good episode and the team had some good moments especially jonas.

Comment

Pretty good episode but I did not like how the girl died just as we were about to find out about her

Comment

Originally posted by QuiGonJohn
                This episode was good. But I was a bit disappointed we didn't find out more about Aiyanna, was she really an ancient, why was she buried there, etc.
                I don't know why i always seemed to think that Ayiana was a criminal, just by the way that apophis looking ancient seemed to glare at her and then they left in there city.

it might have been she was infected and to save eberyone else they left her and headed for pegasus.

You can see the despair in her eyes as they leave though, she knows she is screwed

Comment

I like any episode Janet is in simply because she's in it. It was nice to see her get out from under the mountain.

Aside from that I did like this episode for what it was, an ancient storyline. I hadn't realised Ayiana was in Rising until I saw a pic posted here. I need to go back and rewatch a few eps and I think Frozen is one of them.

Australian Teryl Rothery Fan Club
                  www.atrfc.com

Comment

It was nice to see Jonas doing so well in this one, part of the team.

And it's always nice to see Janet doing field work.

(but the best thing about the ep is that when they went outside, they all wore hats. Sam & Jack obviously learned something the last time they were there!)
                    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Definately one of my favourite episodes. The Ancients stuff is what I'm most interested in...and it's good to go back and watch it now that we know that we are just another evolution of humans, and they were the first (that we know of ). Also makes me wonder whether, in a few million years, we could be just as intelligent and evolved as the Ancients...at least in the Stargate Universe that is

I think Aiyanna's ability to understand Jonas came more from a telepathic ability rather than an ability to understand the English language. We know that Jonas is further along in evolution than the rest of us (though probably not by much) from the episode where they found the planet where Nyrti did the experiments. In which case, it wouldn't of mattered even if he did speak in the Ancient dialect, she knew what he was saying anyway.

Comment

I liked this episode, its great how jonas takes on daniels role and tries to communicate with Ayiana, and I love how they are just begenning to understand what happened to the gate builders. It is sad that Ayiana died but I look at it this way, she was an acient right? so even if she was frozen before they learned to willfully ascend wouldnt the other ascended acients pitch in for her? hell if theyd do it for a tau'ris (a very good one mind you) theyd do it for their own. Plus she did drain what time she had saving everyone who was sick, so that should put her in the good books! I believe she is ascended, and I would love to see her come back in season 10 as an acient representative to help the people of the milky way fight the ori!!!

Comment

We'd all love to see Ayiana back, but without the brilliant flash of light, I don't think she did ascend.
                          SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

we diddnt see the light, but it just cut away before it happened! like
                            Spoiler:
                            when replicarter kills daniel, it cuts away with the ship exploding and we dont get to see the flash, but he wasnt dead!!!
                            and she may have just been taken to a "holding area" while the ascended committie explained the rules and got her ready!

Comment

In Reckoning, no one would have been around to see a brilliant flash of light, but I think Jonas would have mentioned it if he saw it. People don't typically die and then turn into white glowing balls.
                              SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

its was a nice episode....maybe even more but only because ayiana was there...she was a nice ancient...and seemed smart...how kind of her to heal them in the expance of her own life...

Comment

Working...
                                X