Frozen (604)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Fischer
    I'm really enjoying this episode a great deal, but I could see how it might not have seemed as good as it does now back when it first aired. It's almost like it is the prequil to Atlantis. If I were to talk to an Atlantis fan who asked which episodes were most relevent from SG1, this would be one of the tops on my list.

I really liked Aiyanna. First time I haven't loathed an Ancient to be honest. I hope Atlantis finds (another) reason to return to her. The actress was quite good.

Janet Fraiser proved how she really was one of the most brilliant doctors on the planet. Makes me wonder what she did before the SGC. She can really make "I didn't save her" sound brilliant.

The Tok'ra element I thought was the weakest part. It seemed really forced and I kind of wished they hadn't used it at all. Really. It just adds unanswered questions and posibilities to the series that just didn't fall into line. They could have found another reason or way to get Abyss done.

This was one episode I never really cared for. But watching last night, I kinda liked it. You made me wonder: is it because of the Atlantis tie in? I'll have to think on that.
    sigpic
    ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

I find it quite weird that the Tok'ra couldn't have done something earlier, and perhaps blend with Ayana, giving them a significant advantage over the Goa'uld, the replicators and perhaps even reviving the old ancients...

Comment

Originally posted by XToDaZ
        I find it quite weird that the Tok'ra couldn't have done something earlier, and perhaps blend with Ayana, giving them a significant advantage over the Goa'uld, the replicators and perhaps even reviving the old ancients...
        There would have been no way for them to ask her, and the Tok'ra do not take unwilling hosts.

Comment

There would have been no way for them to ask her, and the Tok'ra do not take unwilling hosts.
          She understood English and appeared to be very quick study And ofcourse, a temporary agreement to save an ancient, surely a Tok'ra would sacrifice if necessary for such an ally.

Comment

Originally posted by XToDaZ
            She understood English and appeared to be very quick study And ofcourse, a temporary agreement to save an ancient, surely a Tok'ra would sacrifice if necessary for such an ally.
            I highly doubt they could have sufficiently explained it, for one thing she seemed to be more empathic, understanding the general idea rather than the details.

Moreover, it's considerably doubtful that an Ancient would have agreed to the arrangement.

Comment

I highly doubt they could have sufficiently explained it, for one thing she seemed to be more empathic, understanding the general idea rather than the details.

Moreover, it's considerably doubtful that an Ancient would have agreed to the arrangement.
              More doubtful than a Jack O'Neill ? Now this is doubtful

Comment

I was very underwhelmed by this one. I was annoyed Aiyanna could not speak. Also diseases and the like really freak me out so thats another reason I didnt think too much of this one.
                Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.

Comment

Did anyone notice the pineapple that was sitting on the cargo crate in the first scene?
                  Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

This was an okay episode in the fact we met our first living ancient and learn that they could heal people and etc.

Comment

This episode was amazing!
                      This reminded me of X-Files' "Ice."
                      yes. i thought about it too.

Comment

it was cool to see the first living Ancient and how they had healing powers

Comment

Originally posted by Gate of Doom
                          Did anyone notice the pineapple that was sitting on the cargo crate in the first scene?
                          Anyone?
                          Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

Originally posted by PugGate
                            Anyone?
                            I hadn't specifically noticed it, but one of the directors tries to sneak a pineapple in at least once per ep. It's his signature. Usually, it's easy to overlook because it's in the mess hall or an offworld market or someplace like that. But this ep had no mess hall or offworld market scenes. (I forget which director has the pineapple thing, but it'd be easy to figure out since it's the one who did this ep.)
                            My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                            -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                            -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                            -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

This episode was good. But I was a bit disappointed we didn't find out more about Aiyanna, was she really an ancient, why was she buried there, etc.

Comment

i wish she survived if she survived the trip to the sgc why could she survive and SG1 definately told the Asgard about aiyana so wouldnt they love to see an ancient again and would have but her in stasis and use best tech of the asgard to heal her?

Comment

Working...
                                X