No announcement yet.

Frozen (604)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ayiana was such a good character, one of the best one-time-appearance characters ive ever seen. It seems like such a waste to never see her again (excluding SGA... which doesent really count). Heck she made a better one episode impression on me then Vala did. Bring her to SG1 instead.

Comment

too bad she is dead now...she as nice, kind, and good...i thought jonas was falling in love with her...too bad...a sad story of an ancient who survived only to die in modern times...

Comment

There never could have been a relationship between them she was from a total different time. Making there customs totaly different.
        sigpic

Comment

In the beginning of Atlantis: Rising isn't that her??? Y'know, just before Atlantis takes off 10,000 years before Daniel figures out it's location?

That's Ayiana isnt it!!!!?!!?
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I've just noticed on http://rdanderson.com/stargate/episode/episode6.htm that (in Frozen) there is a character, played by Peter DeLuise called "Lt. Dagwood", a reference to Seaquest maybe? (since he plays Dagwood in seaquest S2)
            The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

Cool, another Kotor fan! Something I don't understand, are super powers the result of being an Ancient or being on the path to ascension? "Epiphany" and "Tao of Rodney" seem to suggest that it comes from being on the path. As in ascending naturally, but if that be so how come Aiyana didn't ascend?

Comment

possibly because she didn't know she could.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by the_dark_light View Post
                  I've just noticed on http://rdanderson.com/stargate/episode/episode6.htm that (in Frozen) there is a character, played by Peter DeLuise called "Lt. Dagwood", a reference to Seaquest maybe? (since he plays Dagwood in seaquest S2)
                  Not in Frozen. I think there is a character on the bridge of the Prometheus in Memento with a Dagwood nametag. Or it could be Descent, PDL was in that as a military character but I'm not sure on the name.
                  And, yes, it is a Seaquest reference.
                  Originally posted by nothing croovus View Post
                  Cool, another Kotor fan! Something I don't understand, are super powers the result of being an Ancient or being on the path to ascension? "Epiphany" and "Tao of Rodney" seem to suggest that it comes from being on the path. As in ascending naturally, but if that be so how come Aiyana didn't ascend?
                  The suggestion in seasons 6 (Frozen, Metamorphosis, Prophecy), 7 (The Lost City, Homecoming(?)), and whichever episode it was where Cassie gets telekenesis, was that the super powers came through genetic advancement, and/or advancement in the ability of the brain.
                  I thought ascension was just a matter of learning how, and not bound to genetics or having special powers - see Daniel & Anubis.

Unless they've changed the canon.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post
                    The suggestion in seasons 6 (Frozen, Metamorphosis, Prophecy), 7 (The Lost City, Homecoming(?)), and whichever episode it was where Cassie gets telekenesis, was that the super powers came through genetic advancement, and/or advancement in the ability of the brain.
                    I thought ascension was just a matter of learning how, and not bound to genetics or having special powers - see Daniel & Anubis.

Unless they've changed the canon.
                    I think ascension can be achieved through genetic advancement (Kalek, most of the ancients) or being helped on the way by someone who is already ascended (Daniel, Anubis, every schmo on Abydos). It may also be possible to ascend just out of one's own "goodness" or "enlightenment", but I don't think that's how the majority of the ancients did it.
                    Last edited by Callista; 26 February 2007, 06:53 PM.

Comment

If I'm correct didn't the Ancients discover acsnsion in order to save themselves from the plague? And if their dissagreement with the Ori happened before they came to earth, then they already knew about ascension prior to (no pun intended) leaving for Pegasus. Which makes it hard to believe that Aiyana didn't know about ascension, unless they kept the secrets from her, but why would they do that?

Comment

I think that Ayiana reminds me of the woman you see in rising (SGA) in the beggening of the show when Atlantis leave earth and go to Peagsus
                        sigpic

Comment

She should remind you.. she is the same person.

Comment

LOL that explains it
                            sigpic

Comment

I dont know if this has been asked before, but why didnt Ayiana Ascend?
                              From what we know, before the Ancients left for the Pegasus Galaxy, they were attacked by a plague and either died, ascended or left on Atlantis...

We know that she was very genetically advanced as she was able to heal people amongst other things, and in Atlantis we know when Mckay was genetically advanced and possessed those abilities, he had the ability and knowledge of Ascending.

So why didnt she?

Comment

Probabily cause she got frozen when atlantis left and that massive snow storm flew out from the pedistal area.

Comment

Working...
                                X