Frozen (604)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Stig View Post
    This episode shows clearly who Jonas is replacing by the fact Jonas has started to go down Daniels path of dating which involves the girl dying. Unlucky.
    How in the world did you come to that conclusion?
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

This episode was kinda boring.Hope Jack gets okay
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Not a bad episode. I wonder if we will ever learn more about the ancient girl.
        sigpic

Comment

This ep was kinda strange to me ....
          The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
          sigpic

Comment

A bit of a disappointment to be quite frank. The only interesting thing was O'Neill getting a tok'ra symbiote, but even that was just an excuse to make sure of his absence for the following episode.
            sigpic

Comment

Anybody else see that pineapple after the credits?

Comment

Another episode I really like, for no well-defined reason. Well, except for the fact that it's a "torture Jack" episode, and I tend to like those.

ETA: They're so proud of their 'quarantine' lab, and then they never actually quarantine the specimen. No wonder they all got sick.

Seaboe
                Last edited by Seaboe Muffinchucker; 19 December 2011, 07:47 PM.
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I was back in my Halls of Res watching this on VHS by this point...

1. Didn't think the show would ever get back to Antarctica.

2. Ancient woman, first time we really saw Jonas in a Daniel-type role.

3. Ayanna worked pretty well as a character.

4. By this point we knew that Jack would be temporarilly written out so...that part was a bit meh.

A step down from Descent though.
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Great Episode. This was an important episode for the Ancient arc of the series (and Franchise).

So Jack is now going to become a Tok'ra. He must love that.

Ayiana will appear during the first scene of the first episode Stargate Atlantis.

Tomorrow, a city full of Goa'uld.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                      Anybody else see that pineapple after the credits?
                      I thought I was seeing things! (Again)

My LiveJournal post
                      "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                      "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                      "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                      "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                      >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

This is one episode that I've watched quite a few times. A woman who goes into hibernation when trapped by ice, and recovers without any ill effects, weird idea but it worked, mainly as it's surmised that she's possibly an Ancient. Also gives an idea that present day humans are possibly the second evolution of the Ancients, given that Jack's brain waves were the same when he had the knowledge of the Ancients. It gives more ideas about what the Ancients can do in their human form, hibernate for one, heal and put people to sleep by thought or whatever, and can learn quickly.

It's these types of revelations about the links of Earth to other older alien cultures that I love about Stargate and this episode was a good one for that.

The disease she was carrying was an interesting reference back to the 'plague' mentioned in WoO, which wiped out the Ancient civilisation that built the time machine.

Jack being left as the only one not healed of the fatal disease, then given becoming a host to a Tok'ra as his only hope of surviving, what a choice! However, being the selfless character that he is, learning that the knowledge the symbiote had could save lives he agrees.....my hero!!!!

Comment

This episode develops so much of the Ancient storyline. I find its an episode that ages well after hindsight of what develops and grows as we learn about the Ancients like how we evolved from the Ancients not to mention the origin of the plague that struck the Ancients. Thier are so many new information learned from Ayiania how the Ancients went through their life cycle. Although I kind of felt they dropped the healing ability of Ancients in later episodes. Makes me wonder how close Ayiania was to ascension. It was a nice episode to explore Jonas linguist abilities versus Daniel. He seemed to be a more close and personal with the natives then Daniel.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Not really an ep that I enjoy.

Starting to really miss Daniel.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              This episode develops so much of the Ancient storyline. I find its an episode that ages well after hindsight of what develops and grows as we learn about the Ancients like how we evolved from the Ancients not to mention the origin of the plague that struck the Ancients. Thier are so many new information learned from Ayiania how the Ancients went through their life cycle. Although I kind of felt they dropped the healing ability of Ancients in later episodes. Makes me wonder how close Ayiania was to ascension. It was a nice episode to explore Jonas linguist abilities versus Daniel. He seemed to be a more close and personal with the natives then Daniel.
                              I always thought she should have been able to ascend. Or been helped to. I believe if anyone deserved it, she did.

Comment

Perhaps she was one of the few who had not advanced sufficiently for that. Maybe that is why she chose to be left behind.

Comment

Working...
                                X