Frozen (604)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    Who here thinks daniel would accept that offer if it was him needing the Symbiot? Or carter?
    Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
    If the alternative was death? Both of them would do what's necessary to survive.
    Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    Given what's happened to both of them because of the goa'uld, I don't think either one of them would choose to be a host.
    Either of them would agree to a temporary blending with a Tok'ra, if the only alternative was death. If they didn't do it for themselves, they'd do it for the sake of their teammates. No one's saying they'd want to be a host, but they're survivors, and they're committed to each other. I mean, Jeez, O'Neill agreed to it, and I'd rate him as the most opposed among the group. IMO, he did it for them more than for himself. The others aren't any less dedicated to each other than Jack is.
    Last edited by Brother Freyr; 08 July 2013, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Not sure on daniel.. especially seeing what happened with Sha'ire.

Comment

For some reason, every time I thought of this episode prior to (re)watching it tonight, I kept thinking of a certain X-Files episode whose name escapes me, so I initially expected the revived subject to spontaneously combust. Glad that didn't happen.

I couldn't even remember the connection to Rising until reading some of the responses here, but I definitely liked the episode by itself. Antarctica is a fun setting, and, of course, I love seeing my favorite character back in action.

The NorthFace in every scene was a bit much, tho. Made me feel like I was back in school.
        rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

No monster but a woman deep-frozen, something bad had to happen.
          Partly boring, partly nice and moving, and an ending that gives O'Neill some time off.
          Iris response - creepy!!!
          CARPE DIEM
          ANJA

Comment

This episode to me is one of those that is better the second time around because of its impact the second time around
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Hope I do the spoiler thing right.
              Was re-watching this episode after seeing SGA and
              Spoiler:
              did anyone else think wraith when she was healing Dr. Woods? I mean she was using her palm to do this and that is how the wraith take/give life

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak View Post
                Was the disease she had from the Wraith?
                Very unlikely considering that Atlantis several million years prior to any encounters with an iratus bug, much less a wraith.

Originally posted by QuiGonJohn View Post
                This episode was good. But I was a bit disappointed we didn't find out more about Ayiana , was she really an ancient, why was she buried there, etc.
                She was definitely and Ancient bc she had healing powers of an ancient and it only took her a few hours to pick up English. Remember The Nox, they didn't understand SG-1 any better than Ayiana at first, but after a few hours were speaking English. Though no explanation was given as to why Ayiana could understand English, but not speak it might have something to do with the way the plague was affecting her mind, possibly.

Originally posted by Acropolis View Post
                i wish she survived if she survived the trip to the sgc why could she survive and SG1 definitely told the Asgard about aiyana so wouldnt they love to see an ancient again and would have but her in stasis and use best tech of the Asgard to heal her?
                If she could have survived and the Asgard took her aboard one on their ships, they could communicate with her in her own language. We know that the Asgard had a bit of Ancient knowledge in their possession when Thor said as much when he was using the information in Jack's brain to find a weapon capable of fighting the replicators. Ayiana could've helped them understand it all, and they may have possibly been able to find a solution to their cloning problems and lived.

Originally posted by Gifford2006 View Post
                Hope I do the spoiler thing right.
                Was re-watching this episode after seeing SGA and
                Spoiler:
                did anyone else think wraith when she was healing Dr. Woods? I mean she was using her palm to do this and that is how the wraith take/give life
                Ummmm, impossible, perhaps you could watch The Lost City pt. II. Jack having the ancient repository in his brain allows him to heal Bra'tac's wounds, or have you not seen that episode?

Comment

I don't necessarily think m that she got it from the wrath but that possibly they got the knowhow how to heal from the ancients and twisted that knowledge into a way to feed. If just one wraith came from the bug and an ancient then they would have learned how to use the healing pose and they would have modified it to feed. I just thought wrath because they can use their "ability" to take years as well as heal

Comment

Just got done with a re-watch on this ep, and one thing that still puzzles me..
                    We see Illyana on several occasions mimicing Jonas with Amazing and a few other words.
                    SO we know she can speak.
                    THEN later on we see her reacting showing she Understands what Jonas is saying..
                    SO WHY IS it she couldn't speak to communicate??

Comment

Possibly because speech is much harder to learn than just learning the words by listening.

Also, she'd been in stasis for millions of years -- give her some slack.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'm thinking there may have been some physical difficulties with communications. I mean, think how strange it feels to use your arm, for instance, after having it in a cast for six weeks. Being frozen, her muscles wouldn't atrophy, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't be hard to use (and the tongue is a muscle).

Seaboe
                        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

It made her character more interesting - would have been strange if she had been able to communicate just like that!
                          CARPE DIEM
                          ANJA

Comment

Or if she could write!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Or if she could write!
                              Actually, it's much easier to understand a new language by listening to it, than to learn how to write or speak it.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I really liked this episode! I liked that it was based in Antarctica, and that we got to meet Ayaina. Jonas was fabulous with her.

Too bad that Jack had to depend on the Tok'ra for help, since Ayaina didn't have it within her to heal him as well.
                                Last edited by BethHG; 09 August 2018, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X