Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Frozen (604)

Staff Sergeant AKnightWhoSaysNi's Avatar

Default Re: Frozen (604)

Ayiana was such a good character, one of the best one-time-appearance characters ive ever seen. It seems like such a waste to never see her again (excluding SGA... which doesent really count). Heck she made a better one episode impression on me then Vala did. Bring her to SG1 instead.

Second Lieutenant Thor of The Asgard's Avatar

too bad she is dead now...she as nice, kind, and good...i thought jonas was falling in love with her...too bad...a sad story of an ancient who survived only to die in modern times...

Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar

There never could have been a relationship between them she was from a total different time. Making there customs totaly different.

Behind the *new* bar. What'll it be, stranger?

Jack Re: Frozen (604)

In the beginning of Atlantis: Rising isn't that her??? Y'know, just before Atlantis takes off 10,000 years before Daniel figures out it's location?

That's Ayiana isnt it!!!!?!!?

First Lieutenant the_dark_light's Avatar

I've just noticed on http://rdanderson.com/stargate/episode/episode6.htm that (in Frozen) there is a character, played by Peter DeLuise called "Lt. Dagwood", a reference to Seaquest maybe? (since he plays Dagwood in seaquest S2)
    The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Staff Sergeant

Cool, another Kotor fan! Something I don't understand, are super powers the result of being an Ancient or being on the path to ascension? "Epiphany" and "Tao of Rodney" seem to suggest that it comes from being on the path. As in ascending naturally, but if that be so how come Aiyana didn't ascend?

possibly because she didn't know she could.

Quote Originally Posted by the_dark_light View Post
    I've just noticed on http://rdanderson.com/stargate/episode/episode6.htm that (in Frozen) there is a character, played by Peter DeLuise called "Lt. Dagwood", a reference to Seaquest maybe? (since he plays Dagwood in seaquest S2)
    Not in Frozen. I think there is a character on the bridge of the Prometheus in Memento with a Dagwood nametag. Or it could be Descent, PDL was in that as a military character but I'm not sure on the name.
    And, yes, it is a Seaquest reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by nothing croovus View Post
    Cool, another Kotor fan! Something I don't understand, are super powers the result of being an Ancient or being on the path to ascension? "Epiphany" and "Tao of Rodney" seem to suggest that it comes from being on the path. As in ascending naturally, but if that be so how come Aiyana didn't ascend?
    The suggestion in seasons 6 (Frozen, Metamorphosis, Prophecy), 7 (The Lost City, Homecoming(?)), and whichever episode it was where Cassie gets telekenesis, was that the super powers came through genetic advancement, and/or advancement in the ability of the brain.
    I thought ascension was just a matter of learning how, and not bound to genetics or having special powers - see Daniel & Anubis.

Unless they've changed the canon.

Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    The suggestion in seasons 6 (Frozen, Metamorphosis, Prophecy), 7 (The Lost City, Homecoming(?)), and whichever episode it was where Cassie gets telekenesis, was that the super powers came through genetic advancement, and/or advancement in the ability of the brain.
    I thought ascension was just a matter of learning how, and not bound to genetics or having special powers - see Daniel & Anubis.

Unless they've changed the canon.
    I think ascension can be achieved through genetic advancement (Kalek, most of the ancients) or being helped on the way by someone who is already ascended (Daniel, Anubis, every schmo on Abydos). It may also be possible to ascend just out of one's own "goodness" or "enlightenment", but I don't think that's how the majority of the ancients did it.
    Last edited by Callista; February 26th, 2007 at 07:53 PM.

Staff Sergeant

If I'm correct didn't the Ancients discover acsnsion in order to save themselves from the plague? And if their dissagreement with the Ori happened before they came to earth, then they already knew about ascension prior to (no pun intended) leaving for Pegasus. Which makes it hard to believe that Aiyana didn't know about ascension, unless they kept the secrets from her, but why would they do that?

I think that Ayiana reminds me of the woman you see in rising (SGA) in the beggening of the show when Atlantis leave earth and go to Peagsus

Major General

She should remind you.. she is the same person.

LOL that explains it

Default Why didnt Ayiana Ascend?

I dont know if this has been asked before, but why didnt Ayiana Ascend?
    From what we know, before the Ancients left for the Pegasus Galaxy, they were attacked by a plague and either died, ascended or left on Atlantis...

We know that she was very genetically advanced as she was able to heal people amongst other things, and in Atlantis we know when Mckay was genetically advanced and possessed those abilities, he had the ability and knowledge of Ascending.

So why didnt she?

Major General

Probabily cause she got frozen when atlantis left and that massive snow storm flew out from the pedistal area.

Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Probabily cause she got frozen when atlantis left and that massive snow storm flew out from the pedistal area.

Never understood why she was left behind. You see her in The Rising in SGA S1 when Atlantis leaves Earth . She did seem upset but I don't think her soul mate left her to freeze .

Major General

Maybe she was left behind to run the outpost, but they did not realise the 'snow wave' would bury her.

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Maybe she was left behind to run the outpost, but they did not realise the 'snow wave' would bury her.
    I agree she was probably left behind to be some sort of caretaker and she contracted the plague later on (because we have no idea if she was frozen from the ice wave created by Atlantis departure or if it happened a little later, or even if she purposefully did it herself, afterall they were the ancients and if it happened to her accidentally how was she able to revive after unfreezing unless she enacted some sort of stasis like thing to keep her from dieing completely?

The guy glaring at her, i think because he wanted her to leave and she wouldnt because she wanted to stay to take care of the outpost or she did have the plague. And In the Atlantis s1 official companion it does say that aiyanna is the girl in rising

I like Jonas, and though I would prefer Daniel for character purposes, and though they are both eye candy I have a soft spot for cutie Jonas and his rather attractive rear end

Oh yeah, saw the pineapple is it like a graphics thing or a real one???
    Last edited by Chezlee; January 20th, 2008 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PugGate View Post
    Did anyone notice the pineapple that was sitting on the cargo crate in the first scene?
    I loved that. I was like wtf is a pineapple doing in Antarctica...outside!?

~P014K

Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar

Arrow2 Re: Frozen (604)

The first look at the humans who evolved into ascended beings that we call the Ancients. I do have some questions about how she survived the cryogenic freeze for so many years. I know that the ancients especially evolved ones such as Ayianna could probably stay alive longer than a normal human. However, I got the feeling that she was in there from around the time the ancients left for Pegasus. Does anybody have any theories of when she was frozen and how she survived for so long?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast