Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Frozen (604)

Default Re: Frozen (604)

it was cool to see the first living Ancient and how they had healing powers

Zat Re: Frozen (604)

Quote Originally Posted by Gate of Doom
    Did anyone notice the pineapple that was sitting on the cargo crate in the first scene?
    Anyone?
    Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Quote Originally Posted by PugGate
    Anyone?
    I hadn't specifically noticed it, but one of the directors tries to sneak a pineapple in at least once per ep. It's his signature. Usually, it's easy to overlook because it's in the mess hall or an offworld market or someplace like that. But this ep had no mess hall or offworld market scenes. (I forget which director has the pineapple thing, but it'd be easy to figure out since it's the one who did this ep.)
    My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
    -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
    -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
    -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

This episode was good. But I was a bit disappointed we didn't find out more about Aiyanna, was she really an ancient, why was she buried there, etc.

i wish she survived if she survived the trip to the sgc why could she survive and SG1 definately told the Asgard about aiyana so wouldnt they love to see an ancient again and would have but her in stasis and use best tech of the asgard to heal her?

I loved Frozen. It introduced my second favourite character ever on the show.

My only complaint is that Ayiana didn't survive

Out...

First Lieutenant KorbenDirewolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Major Fischer
    There would have been no way for them to ask her, and the Tok'ra do not take unwilling hosts.
    They do. Jolinar took Carter. Lantash took Elliot.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

http://home.graffiti.net/kdiw/indiv.jpg

Good question...think it's Kansas...let me check...

Theoretically the Tok'ra don't take unwilling hosts. And given how tramautized Sam was after Jolinar took up residence, I can't see the SGC condoning the 'snaking' of unwilling victims. Especially one like Ayiana, who might not know what was going on (unlike Jack, who wasn't crazy about the idea but went along with it, or Elliot, who likely had some inkling).

I liked Frozen. It was a great episode

My only complaint is that Ayiana didn't survive

TPTB like to tease us, look its a real ancient, and just as she's in a state to tell us what happened to them she snuffs it! Harsh,very harsh!
    still it was a good episode and the team had some good moments especially jonas.

Second Lieutenant

Pretty good episode but I did not like how the girl died just as we were about to find out about her

Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonJohn
    This episode was good. But I was a bit disappointed we didn't find out more about Aiyanna, was she really an ancient, why was she buried there, etc.
    I don't know why i always seemed to think that Ayiana was a criminal, just by the way that apophis looking ancient seemed to glare at her and then they left in there city.

it might have been she was infected and to save eberyone else they left her and headed for pegasus.

You can see the despair in her eyes as they leave though, she knows she is screwed

Chief Master Sergeant artemis_chosen's Avatar

I like any episode Janet is in simply because she's in it. It was nice to see her get out from under the mountain.

Aside from that I did like this episode for what it was, an ancient storyline. I hadn't realised Ayiana was in Rising until I saw a pic posted here. I need to go back and rewatch a few eps and I think Frozen is one of them.

It was nice to see Jonas doing so well in this one, part of the team.

And it's always nice to see Janet doing field work.

(but the best thing about the ep is that when they went outside, they all wore hats. Sam & Jack obviously learned something the last time they were there!)
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

Chief Master Sergeant James_the_Wraith_Sympathiser's Avatar

Definately one of my favourite episodes. The Ancients stuff is what I'm most interested in...and it's good to go back and watch it now that we know that we are just another evolution of humans, and they were the first (that we know of ). Also makes me wonder whether, in a few million years, we could be just as intelligent and evolved as the Ancients...at least in the Stargate Universe that is

I think Aiyanna's ability to understand Jonas came more from a telepathic ability rather than an ability to understand the English language. We know that Jonas is further along in evolution than the rest of us (though probably not by much) from the episode where they found the planet where Nyrti did the experiments. In which case, it wouldn't of mattered even if he did speak in the Ancient dialect, she knew what he was saying anyway.

Staff Sergeant AKnightWhoSaysNi's Avatar

I liked this episode, its great how jonas takes on daniels role and tries to communicate with Ayiana, and I love how they are just begenning to understand what happened to the gate builders. It is sad that Ayiana died but I look at it this way, she was an acient right? so even if she was frozen before they learned to willfully ascend wouldnt the other ascended acients pitch in for her? hell if theyd do it for a tau'ris (a very good one mind you) theyd do it for their own. Plus she did drain what time she had saving everyone who was sick, so that should put her in the good books! I believe she is ascended, and I would love to see her come back in season 10 as an acient representative to help the people of the milky way fight the ori!!!

We'd all love to see Ayiana back, but without the brilliant flash of light, I don't think she did ascend.
    SQUEE like no one's listening.

Staff Sergeant AKnightWhoSaysNi's Avatar

we diddnt see the light, but it just cut away before it happened! like
    Spoiler:
    when replicarter kills daniel, it cuts away with the ship exploding and we dont get to see the flash, but he wasnt dead!!!
    and she may have just been taken to a "holding area" while the ascended committie explained the rules and got her ready!

In Reckoning, no one would have been around to see a brilliant flash of light, but I think Jonas would have mentioned it if he saw it. People don't typically die and then turn into white glowing balls.
    SQUEE like no one's listening.

Second Lieutenant Thor of The Asgard's Avatar

its was a nice episode....maybe even more but only because ayiana was there...she was a nice ancient...and seemed smart...how kind of her to heal them in the expance of her own life...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast