'06 GateWorld Gathering in Vancouver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'06 GateWorld Gathering in Vancouver

I'm creating this thread primarily for the poll (to get a general idea of seats), but also to let us start swapping ideas about what we're going to do, and where we're going to meet, for the 2006 GateWorld gathering in Vancouver next March. This party will coincide with the Creation 2006 Stargate Celebration for the Fans.

If you want to come to the party, click the appropriate button in the poll!
    NOTE: If you plan on coming at all, click Yes! This will ensure that you have a seat to plant your bum! No one who has not signed up will be admitted. (there will probably be other means to sign up later, though)

Pictures from last year's party can be found at the bottom of this photo gallery!

IMPORTANT UPDATE, 1/17: A new poll will be going up in this thread approximately a month before the gathering. I will be saving the results of the first poll, but I advise you to re-confirm in the second one. It will include more options, including the ability to add 1 additional seat for a guest. (please be considerate: if everyone selects My Seat + 1 then we'll have more than a hundred people, and that won't work). If you weren't planning on bringing someone extra, or haven't discussed it with me, please keep in mind the size of our group. If you for some reason don't log on to this thread at any time between the time the new poll goes up and the convention, do not worry. Your seat will still be saved from the first poll. This is mainly an opportunity for folks who need to bring an additional guest, and those who selected Not Sure in the first poll.
    Thank You!
    Yes! Reserve 1 seat for me.
    73.68%
    Yes, but reserve 2 seats for me. I've asked David if I can bring a friend. (LIMIT 12)
    15.79%
    No. I'm just clicking on this because I can't stand a poll sitting around without my vote.
    10.53%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by David; 17 January 2006, 03:44 PM.

*looks for the poll*

Comment

Lemme finish making the thread first

Comment

Haha sorry. Just one question - even though I ticked yes reserve my seat - is there an associated charge for this? If so, how much are we talking about? By charge I don't mean pay for meal (that would be a given expense) I mean pay a fee to be on the GateWorld list.

Comment

Well, you pay for your own meal, but the guests, the door prizes and other goods are a Thank You for being a part of GateWorld.

Comment

Right, thank you. I wont clutter your thread any longer Count me in!

Comment

I would but my spring break is in April. However, I hope to pay a visit to Vancouver during Spring Break 2006 (I've never been out of the States).
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by David
                I'm creating this thread primarily for the poll (to get a general idea of seats), but also to let us start swapping ideas about what we're going to do, and where we're going to meet, for the 2006 GateWorld gathering in Vancouver next March. This party will coincide with the Creation 2006 Stargate Celebration for the Fans.

If you want to come to the party, click the appropriate button in the poll!
                NOTE: If you plan on coming at all, click Yes! This will ensure that you have a seat to plant your bum!
                The only question i have is when the gateworld get together will happen. (I voted yes, because if it doesn't conflict with con events, i will so be here). There's been informal planning happening in the Vancouver 2006 Con thread for something on thursday night, but not everyone may be at the con at that point. I'm sure the GateWorld event will occur on one of the Con dates. So i'm wandering when you're planning to have it so i can plan my con schedule accordingly.

Comment

A couple of folks have tossed around the possibility of renting out a space for us. While money is not the issue, I'm not sure if we could find a place that would be accommodating and within walking distance of the Hilton Vancouver Metrotown. Earls was awesome last year. The waitresses (among them Dan Payne's cousin) were fantastic and the food was excellent.

Comment

There is an excellent possibility that the party will conflict with an evening event such as cabaret or a dinner/luncheon type of deal (It won't be scheduled during panels), but most reports were that people were glad they stuck with us instead of returning to whatever was going on at the hotel. You get to go one-on-one with each other and whoever guests we invite. Photos, autographs, etc, are huge. Just see the photo gallery.

Comment

... The waitresses (among them Dan Payne's cousin) were fantastic ...
                      At serving food right?

Say this does conflict with a con event. Are we able to come late or leave early or is it a "be there at X time because we're locking the doors" type deal?

Comment

Come whenever you can. We may have started eating, though. You'll be responsible for you.

Comment

Just gimme a time, and i'll be there.

Comment

I hope you would require a location as well

None of this will be concrete until a couple of weeks before the con.

Comment

I hope you would require a location as well

None of this will be concrete until a couple of weeks before the con.
                              How hard could it be to find?

Vancouver. Late March. Just listen for the "squeeing" and head towards it.

Comment

Working...
                              X