No announcement yet.

Descent (603)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode is excellent! It is also on my top 10 list ( if I actually had a list ).

I loved a mothership being controlled by Thor coming to be rescued by SG1--perfect! He also saved Sam and Jack from drowning, which was also a great scene!

I love the dynamic that Teal'c and Jonas have together. Teal'c tries to make Jonas feel better, but doesn't quite succeed,so he then tells a joke about alien invasion.When Jonas is trying to figure out if it really was a joke it made me laugh.

It is always good to see Jacob, ninja Jaffa, a poor hapless scientist redshirt, a wonky mothership, Thor, Major Davis, and death gliders flying through water in one episode!

Most of all, it was brilliant to see Jonas shine by holding his breath for a really long time to overwrite the controls to save SG1! Finally, Jack acknowledges Jonas's worth to the team, and promply wipes the smile off of his face by doing a 360. Love it!

Comment

This is the only disk in the entire 10 years of Stargate where I like every episode on the disk.

Seaboe
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I am really loving season so far. Plus I adore Jonas-- he is a breath of fresh air!

Comment

The first few episodes of S6 is really strong. This episode is a good indicator of that. It's a bottle episode but that doesn't make a bad. Some of favorite episode of TV shows are bottle episodes. I like this episode for addressing the lack of Jonas and doing a good job of cementing him as getting a voice on the team. I always thought his memory was an interesting thing. Also I thought the mystery of Thor was unique and different
          I give it a good
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

This episode ranks very high on my favorite list, and that's because of this exact scene...

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
            Most of all, it was brilliant to see Jonas shine by holding his breath for a really long time to overwrite the controls to save SG1!
            It's an incredible stunt that Corin Nemec pulled off by himself in one take, without needing extra air from any emergency diver in the pool with him. It's a damn hard thing to do, what he did, but damn, I'm amazed every single time.

It's a pretty straightforward episode with a small set and lots of action. The ninjas were a nice touch, and hey Thor... he's still alive, albeit synthesized and currently inhabiting the electronics of a Goa'uld ship but he's there -- all of him tucked away in an oversized thumbdrive.

It was nice to see Major Davis out and about. He doesn't get to go out much so he must have been thrilled, up until the point where they crashed into the ocean I imagine, but thrilled nonetheless.

Didn't care much for the red shirt -- Friesman... or whatever his name was.

Peter DeLuise in a cameo (again) -- flashback to his SeaQuest days.

How would you rate SG-1's "Descent?"

Excellent
            Good
            Fair
            Poor
            Terrible
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              This episode ranks very high on my favorite list, and that's because of this exact scene...

It's an incredible stunt that Corin Nemec pulled off by himself in one take, without needing extra air from any emergency diver in the pool with him. It's a damn hard thing to do, what he did, but damn, I'm amazed every single time.

It's a pretty straightforward episode with a small set and lots of action. The ninjas were a nice touch, and hey Thor... he's still alive, albeit synthesized and currently inhabiting the electronics of a Goa'uld ship but he's there -- all of him tucked away in an oversized thumbdrive.

It was nice to see Major Davis out and about. He doesn't get to go out much so he must have been thrilled, up until the point where they crashed into the ocean I imagine, but thrilled nonetheless.

Didn't care much for the red shirt -- Friesman... or whatever his name was.

Peter DeLuise in a cameo (again) -- flashback to his SeaQuest days.

How would you rate SG-1's "Descent?"

Excellent
              Good
              Fair
              Poor
              Terrible
              One of my favorites, too. Mostly because of what you described, as well as the fact that Davis was in it and that awesome scene with Jonas underwater. And the tragic look on Jacob's face when he thought he hadn't figured out how to save Jack and Sam.

Comment

One thing that bothered me is that when in the engine room when they expect a threat, Carter raises her P90 and Davis only has a pistol. He is a major in the Air Force. HR should be allowed a machine gun
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  One thing that bothered me is that when in the engine room when they expect a threat, Carter raises her P90 and Davis only has a pistol. He is a major in the Air Force. HR should be allowed a machine gun
                  Perhaps Davis felt he had been out of the game too long to be handling a P90, or, you know, they weren't supposed to run into any trouble so he didn't feel the need to come fully equipped, just the standard side-arm.

Comment

They were on a Goa'uld mothership. All the soldiers should be armed. They should all have weapons. I don't think Davis can be any more out of training than Hammond and he had a gun in Meance
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

They were on a Goa'uld mothership. All the soldiers should be armed. They should all have weapons. I don't think Davis can be any more out of training than Hammond and he had a gun in Meance
                      I remembered General Hammond with that shotgun after I posted... meh... maybe Davis likes it small and handy...

Comment

3-episode quiz: Redemption I, Redemption II & Descent

Jigsaw puzzle: Descent

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          I remembered General Hammond with that shotgun after I posted... meh... maybe Davis likes it small and handy...
                          You wouldn't let me get away with such excuses back in the old days
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

8:13

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

You wouldn't let me get away with such excuses back in the old days
                                I'm in vacation mode -- brain only works on half power.

Comment

Working...
                                X