• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Descent (603)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON SIX
    EPISODE NUMBER - 603

SG-1 boards an abandoned Goa'uld mothership that has mysteriously arrived in Earth's orbit, and must escape the doomed vessel when it crashes into the ocean.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 11:05 PM.

I like this episode. It has lots of nice little character moments, espeically between Jonas and Teal'c, Teal'c and his sense of humor, and Jonas with his food fetish.

Now if only they could get a Ha'tak and keep it in one piece long enough to study
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

It was a fun episode. Kinda reminded me of Titantic when Jack and Sam were paddling through the water of the sinking ship.
      Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
      Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
      Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
      Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
      Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
      Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
      Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

I loved the samurai Jaffa in this episode. I hope they make a comeback.

The part at the beginning with Jonas and Teal'c on the Tel'tac (?) was priceless. Teal'c's face when he says 'Are you suggesting an alien conspiracy?' (or something along those lines) is amazing, it made me laugh so much.
        "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

It had Jacob... so that's a plus.

Comment

I am wondering how long Jonas had to hold his breath underwater to get the force fields to the glider bay online. It had to be quite a few minutes, especially when he had to swim to the rings.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
              I am wondering how long Jonas had to hold his breath underwater to get the force fields to the glider bay online. It had to be quite a few minutes, especially when he had to swim to the rings.
              I noticed that too. It seemed like an awfully long time, and I was very impressed that he was able to hold his breath for that long. I didn't think his physiology was that different to that of Earthlings, but in Descent I had to question that. Oh well, it was a good episode overall.

Comment

This was a pretty good episode.. But why was Davis along?

And who came up with those Ninja Jaffa?
                The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
                  And who came up with those Ninja Jaffa?
                  I'm not too sure about that, but I am glad they were there. I was getting bored with Jaffa that could only march and fire a staff weapon. Because if there was one thing that was lacking with Stargate SG1 it was the non-presence of Ninjas.

Comment

The producers wanted Anubis's jeffa to be different from the snakeheads that followed Apophis around. This is from some interview with someone, I can't remember who
                    __

__

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
                      This was a pretty good episode.. But why was Davis along?
                      I was happy to see Davis along, but couldn't really figure out exactly why he was there - that was never explained in the episode.

However, apparently Colin Cunningham's manager got wind of this episode and asked CC how well he knew Peter DeLuise. CC phoned up PD and suggested that the role as written could easily be re-written to include Major D. instead. PD decided that CC was right and the episode was rewritten to include Davis.

Personally, it's one of my favorite episodes. I loved the team dynamic, I enjoyed the storyline, I always love Jacob and Davis, that the Death Gliders work underwater is neat, and the effect of the transport rings with the water was very, very cool. It's a fun episode.

Jacquie.

Comment

I was happy to see Davis along, but couldn't really figure out exactly why he was there - that was never explained in the episode.
                        Davis is an Admin Bod. A very competent Admin Bod. And a sneaky one too. He only has to get the right form signed by the right person, and whoosh, he's selected for the next spaceship-mission. No one queried it cos all the admin had been done correctly. Of course it had.

So, there he is, lovely Major Davis the whizzo pen-pusher, IN SPACE! Wow, he had an exciting time. But he's not going to do it again, thanks. He found that he missed his nice big desk and his cup of tea. And thrilling as space flight is, it just isn't as fulfilling as making sure all the forms are filled in properly and the files are neat.

Madeleine

Comment

I like Davis, I think he has great character
                          __

__

Comment

I like Davis aswell. When he first appeared he did fit into the admin kind of sterotype and he was spoken sternly to by Hammond a couple of times for giving up hope on SG1. However, he now appears on a more regular basis and seems to be quite helpful and resourceful without having real speciality like many of the other characters. I'm only up to the end of season 6 but I hope he continues to play a role in the SGC.

Comment

I like Davis too. I re-read my post and it's ever so snide sounding, I didn't mean it to be.

I'm an Admin Bod myself. And I've always wanted to be an astronaut.

Dear Paul, he gives hope to us desk jockeys that one day, you never know, we might get to be spacemen

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                              X