No announcement yet.

Hide And Seek (103)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every peaceful, benevolent species has to have a few skeletons in their evolutionary closet...

And McKay definitely said "studying Ascension." Sometimes closed captioning comes in handy.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      And McKay definitely said "studying Ascension." Sometimes closed captioning comes in handy.
      I wouldn't have it any other way. I watch 95% of my TV with CC on. That why I always know what people say, I learn new words, and I can watch TV when people are loud in the other room.
      "I've been called ugly, pug-ugly, fugly, pug-fugly, but never ugly-ugly." --- Moe Szyslak

Comment

Nice epi. BTW, does Rodney EVER stop eating (when he can eat, that is!)
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
          I love his obsession with food. Reminds me of me. Although I think he probably has a slight edge over me in that department. At least he has food to eat when he wants it... and when he can eat it... hehe

Comment

I began using CC because of all the fast-talking guys on scifi shows (John on Farscape, Daniel on SG-1). Now I keep it on all the time...good thing since it appears McKay is joining the fast-talker list.

Back on topic, I thought the CC indicated that at one point someone said the alien cloud was "sentient". I also remember (separately) McKay relating that the Ancients were "studying ascension". So I remember both.
            Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

I do recall something about the cloud being sentient, yes, although McKay seemed to think it was more of an animal-level sentience, like that of a shark, as opposed to something "evolved" like a person.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
                Lol- kind of like a very much missed Kelownan I can think of on SG-1

I actually remember thinking the plots of the two episodes looked similar just from watching their previews back to back last week. It is odd and a little redundant that they both aired tonight. Strangely enough, though, I enjoyed the Atlantis rendition more.

As for the Ancients' supposed benevolence or lack thereof, I'm also glad to find more nuances to their society. As with any society, remember that they wouldn't all be bad or all be good (well, maybe the Wraith are an exception, I guess we'll find out- lol), but my point being... if the Ancients were a diverse people, it's realistic that they would have had (as a people) a variety of philosiphies and moral standards.

One thing that really tickled me about this episode was the "Mouse Trap" itself. If I'm not mistaken, it's the exact same prop that was used in "Sight Unseen." The reason I loved this, though, is that-- despite the obvious recycling of franchise props, lol-- when you stop to think about it, it makes sense. Both devices served functions along a similar line: to attract alien beings of another plane. I just enjoyed the continuity

The Atlantis theme music doesn't really jump out and grab me, but I agree that it should be different from SG-1, so... I'm neutral. LOL

Incidentally, it would seem that Dr. Weir's one personal item was a curling iron. LOL But I like the curly hair, actually.

(My friend Melyanna points out that perhaps her hair really is curly and her one personal item wasn't a straightener)
                "Someone duplicated the duplicators?"

~ Jack; Smoke and Mirrors

*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*

Amelia's Violin - a Jonas/ OC romance. Version 2.0. New, improved, and COMPLETE!!!

A Day in the life of Sparky:

...???... ......!!!.....[ ]..............!!!... .........

The End!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  I do recall something about the cloud being sentient, yes, although McKay seemed to think it was more of an animal-level sentience, like that of a shark, as opposed to something "evolved" like a person.
                  That's it! I recall the shark comparison now.

Totally different topic, but one thing that annoyed me were the kids. I hope they're going to be appearing very infrequently. Although the bit with Sheppard trying to scare them with his "Jason" story *was* kind of cute I guess.
                  Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

If i keep it up, I'll be a Jaffa warrior by tomarrow (like 7 posts tonight? YAY)

The kids make it more realisitic to me, I mean Atlantis IS a CITY. Its going to take people to maintain/inhabit it to help defend against the wraith right? I think the kids being there give it a not-so-military feel, kind of a way to stray away from the SG1 version of the stargate universe.

As always, just my thoughts.

/EDIT STARTS HERE/
                    Forgot to add in this comment:
                    They DO need to setup a "recreation" area though

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                      That's it! I recall the shark comparison now.

Totally different topic, but one thing that annoyed me were the kids. I hope they're going to be appearing very infrequently. Although the bit with Sheppard trying to scare them with his "Jason" story *was* kind of cute I guess.
                      Yes, that's why Sheppard made the "Jaws" joke later

Mckay is funny, but in the past I'd found him a bit annoying when he was around too much. However, he grew on me in this episode. I actually liked the Atlantis episode better, it had nice character development. Teyla hasn't made an impression yet, though.

I don't think they are going to make airing episodes of SG-1 and Atlantis that are so similar a habit. Probably just trying to expand upon acension and the Ancients early in the season as it will become more important later (in both series).

Comment

Originally posted by dannyh
                        If i keep it up, I'll be a Jaffa warrior by tomarrow (like 7 posts tonight? YAY).
                        You'll need 13 more posts to become a Mature Symbiote, not a Jaffa Warrior...

Comment

Originally posted by Ilios
                          You'll need 13 more posts to become a Mature Symbiote, not a Jaffa Warrior...
                          Oh ya, my mistake , anything will be better than a Prim'tah

Comment

Originally posted by dannyh
                            Oh ya, my mistake , anything will be better than a Prim'tah
                            No problem

Comment

I enjoyed this episode. I thought it did a good job of fleshing out the background people. I saw alot of them in their everyday lives and got a feeling that they were part of the show, not just the background for Sheppard and Co.

I like the new theme music. I was neutral on it when I first saw it, and then when I saw the re-air I realized it fit in really well with the vibe of the show. Its slower and more expansive, not fastpaced and short. Definetly more like a exploritory city feel, and not a military adventure feel.

I'm still not liking Teyla, she has no personality and is way to soft spoken to be a leader of her people.

Oh, and I like the kids, don't know why, but I do.
                              It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone
                                Lol- kind of like a very much missed Kelownan I can think of on SG-1
                                <snip>
                                As for the Ancients' supposed benevolence or lack thereof, I'm also glad to find more nuances to their society. As with any society, remember that they wouldn't all be bad or all be good (well, maybe the Wraith are an exception, I guess we'll find out- lol), but my point being... if the Ancients were a diverse people, it's realistic that they would have had (as a people) a variety of philosiphies and moral standards.
                                I hadn't thought of this, guess i haven't spent that much time contemplating the Ancients really.... They ARE much more interesting as a flawed species...

One thing that really tickled me about this episode was the "Mouse Trap" itself. If I'm not mistaken, it's the exact same prop that was used in "Sight Unseen." The reason I loved this, though, is that-- despite the obvious recycling of franchise props, lol-- when you stop to think about it, it makes sense. Both devices served functions along a similar line: to attract alien beings of another plane. I just enjoyed the continuity
                                LOL! I was wondering the same thing!!! Hey, that thing looks kinda familiar....

The Atlantis theme music doesn't really jump out and grab me, but I agree that it should be different from SG-1, so... I'm neutral. LOL
                                eh. Didn't much make an impact. Except for the oddest reason (and I can't put my finger on it) it reminded me of the Enterprise opening... not the music per se, but the feel of the CG shots/ships (??? )

Incidentally, it would seem that Dr. Weir's one personal item was a curling iron. LOL But I like the curly hair, actually.

(My friend Melyanna points out that perhaps her hair really is curly and her one personal item wasn't a straightener)
                                THANK YOU!!! I was beginning to wonder if I was going crazy!!! About the first thing I thought was.... "what the heck happened to Dr Weir's hair??? Wasn't it STRAIGHT last week??"
                                Other than that, definitely enjoyed the snarkiness , (I shot him... LOL!), funnily enough I enjoyed SOME aspects of having kids around - it adds a dynamic and dimension that is lacking in SG-1 (not saying I WANT it in SG-1, in fact I really don't, just that its nicely different - reminded me a bit of TNG).

It really is a bit odd that the two SG eps were so similar.... *shrugs* I'll take what I can get!

Comment

Working...
                                X