This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overrated and underrated music

Who do you think are the most overrated and underrated bands today?

IMO;
    Overrated- Coldplay, James Blunt, Busted, McFly, almost everything on the charts.
    Underrated- too many to state.

sigpic
    Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
    Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Overrated - I agree with Coldplay and James Blunt
    Underrated - Chico! You gettin his single False Hope? Its out today *runs as fast as he can*
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
      Overrated - I agree with Coldplay and James Blunt
      Underrated - Chico! You gettin his single False Hope? Its out today *runs as fast as he can*
      *sets fire to Ptah*
      *gets out bus, arms it with chainsaws and drives off to the Chico album manufacturing factory*
      MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

sigpic

Comment

James BLunt?? OVErrated?? "You're Beautiful" is UNDERRATED!!!

Comment

its OVERRATED!!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Virtually all modern music is overrated IMHO.
            srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Originally posted by False hope
              Overrated- Coldplay, James Blunt, Busted, McFly, almost everything on the charts.
              Agreed on all counts. I liked 'You're Beautiful' when I first heard it, but it's been shoved down my throat too much now. And Chris Martin's singing sounds like a cat being strangled.

Underrated- Vienna Teng, Lamb, Risa Ohki, Carina Round, Badmarsh & Shri, Suzanne Vega, October Project, Within Temptation.

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                James BLunt?? OVErrated?? "You're Beautiful" is UNDERRATED!!!
                You mean overrated right?

Anyway, I think You're Beautiful was bog standard, the only song of his i like is "Goodbye My Lover" and even that isnt the best in the world
                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Black Eye Peas are also overrated, their first number 1 was good but the rest are terrible Mariah Carey is overrated too.

We need more channels with metal! It's soo underrated!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by False hope
                    Black Eye Peas are also overrated, their first number 1 was good but the rest are terrible Mariah Carey is overrated too.

We need more channels with metal! It's soo underrated!!
                    Mariah Carey has an amazing voice. Too bad her talent is wasted on crap songs Must say I prefer her earlier poppier songs then her latest ones.

Comment

I don't think James blunt is that overrated.

At first I thought the band Panic! At the Disco was underrated, but then realized even though their songs are cool, they all sound the same, and now all the "teeny-boppers" as my friend calls them are getting into it.

Underrated, The Fray.

Comment

I think I prefer it when music is underrated, I hate it when a good band goes mainstream, it puts me off them for some reason.
                        Originally posted by Red Tigress
                        I don't think James blunt is that overrated.

At first I thought the band Panic! At the Disco was underrated, but then realized even though their songs are cool, they all sound the same, and now all the "teeny-boppers" as my friend calls them are getting into it.

Underrated, The Fray.
                        Teeny-boppers?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X