No announcement yet.

Lockdown (803)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam and Daniel get possessed by an alien. Must be Tuesday...

I liked this episode, but only because Anubis was tied into it. If the entity had simply been another random alien or an intelligent virus... I would've been a tad miffed.

I loved Jack's idea to announce the lockdown was permanent. He knew that would make Anubis spring into action, and it worked like a charm. I was, like some of you, confused when he activated the self-destruct. I figured it was either Jack trying to draw Anubis out, or Anubis playing his final card. Turns out it was latter-ahoy.

Loved the surprise twist of Sam switching the dialing sequence. I was wondering why nobody closed the iris or simply shot him while he was in Vaselov's body (he's not in the opening credits, and he was dying anyway. Sounds like fodder to me). Then bam, they get stuck on a frozen planet. Vaselov's body can't dial, and Anubis is intangible.

Is anyone else really pissed at the Ancients? I wonder why they let this guy do whatever he wants. I know Oma couldn't have been the one who let him keep his powers. Hell, all she let Daniel keep was memories of his life, pre-ascension.
    It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

Yay for another Anubis episode. I'll probably download the episode this week, although I'm not in a hurry!
      __

__

Comment

I will post before I read this whole thread, so forgive me if I repeat anything.

I've only got one viewing under my belt, but overall a good feeling. After all this talk and excitement about Atlantis this week, I was missing my ol' SGC. O'Neill is fitting quite uncomfortably into his General status. Loved the crack about the potatoes (although Yukon Gold's actually do make great mash and crappy fries Sorry General, but I'm sure Luke knows that!). Liked the fact that Anubis jumped through most of SG-1 and liked the scenes running 'round the SGC in general. Daniel had some great scenes with the Russian and Sam's eyes in the "who shot me?" scene were LOL funny. Hair-today-gone-tomorrow-Teal'c was amusing. You'd think they could fix that with makeup?

I can't think of more right now. It's too late and my mind is turning to mash. Basically, it was a good episode. Now we get to look forward to months and months of "Is Anubis Dead?" threads.
        Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
        O'Neill: Who doesn't?
        - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
        - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
        once done, cannot be undone...
        brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Yeah, this was a great episode, was cool to see Anubis back even if it was just his energy. Had some great humorous moments. Can't wait until next week, the previews looked great!
          "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

Can someone tell me what actually happens to him? I want to be spoiled!
            __

__

Comment

More ramblings now that I've read the thread:

- Don't know about the "KS" thing. Somebody better ask at ComicCon this weekend.

- The Russian was probably feeling guilty for bringing the "infection" and wanted to redeem himself. He figured he was dead anyway.

- This "avoiding spoilers" thing is pretty cool! Although I figured it was Anubis as soon as I saw the transfer scene at the ISS, I hadn't been spoiled on that, so it was a lot of fun.

- I kept waiting for Daniel/Sam/O'Neill to go straight-faced and say "Prepare to meet your doom!" Darn.

- The new doc...Brightman? She needs to go on a date...go dancing or something.

- Since when did Gen. Hammond get a grandson and when did he join the SGC? (now watch that joke become theory)

- And what the heck is the military doing buying designer potatoes? Your tax dollars at work? Besides, they're Canadian potatoes!

Still have a warm, fuzzy feeling about the ep. YAY!

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                Can someone tell me what actually happens to him? I want to be spoiled!
                Anubis gets into a body and goes through the gate, but Sam changed the coordinates. Instead of the planet he planned to go to, he ends up at a tropical one where he opens a tiki bar, serves drinks with little umbrellas and learns to play the ukelele.

Hint: SciFi.com

Comment

lol As if..
                  __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
                    Anubis gets into a body and goes through the gate, but Sam changed the coordinates. Instead of the planet he planned to go to, he ends up at a tropical one where he opens a tiki bar, serves drinks with little umbrellas and learns to play the ukelele.

Hint: SciFi.com
                    I was about to say, yah, thats what happened, until the tiki bar part, haha... So sad for Anubis, well nevermind, its Anubis
                    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

How can you say that! lol
                      __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Hohenzollern
                        So Anubis cannot leave/depart a frozen corpse or did he perhaps die with the Russian?
                        Actually, I see no reason why Anubis couldn't just ghost off from the frozen world. He can pass through solid objects, so even if the Russian was flash frozen, he'd still be able to escape.

And ya gotta figure that the Ancients can't be everywhere at once. What reason would they have for keeping an eye on some remote frozen wasteland? Nothing is likely to happen there...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          I like Alisen Down, but Dr. Brightman came across as very flat in this ep. I think the heavy makeup job was to make her look older 'cause Alisen is very young-looking. I'd have to go back and rewatch Fraiser's first ep, but I think she was at least allowed to express SOME personality traits...

Brightman needs some quirks. Something to humanize her.
                          I think TPTB are wise in introducing Dr. Brightman slowly and letting us warm up to her. Replacing any much loved person (or fictional character), especially one who died in the line of duty, has to be difficult. The replacement keeps her head down (figuratively), learns the situation and the people, acts completely professional, then, over time, asserts her own personality.

Dr. Brightman/Down has a lot to live up to, a pretty daunting task.
                          I'm more than willing to give her time and see what develops.
                          Slainte
                          "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

Originally posted by Slainte
                            The replacement keeps her head down (figuratively), learns the situation and the people, acts completely professional, then, over time, asserts her own personality.
                            We know that time-wise it has already been at LEAST a few months- likely more. She should have an established personality (within the context of the story) by now.

As for "asserting" one's self... Jonas did a pretty good job of establishing himself right off the bat and it would seem to me that if you want a character to be "accepted" then you should try and at least throw viewers a bone- something they can latch onto and say, "Hey, that's pretty cool of him/her." I'm not saying it should be shoved down our throats (which seems to be the usual tactic), but just a little something might be nice... something that can be built upon later.

Comment

Anubis can probably, almost definately leave the frozen body. But trying to fly away from the planet without using his ascended powers... he didn't travel very fast so it would take a LONG time

Loved this ep, I was shouting for Anubis to escape in the end, because I didn't know if he would or not. Then of course Sam mentioned the planet she sent him to...

And Luke got pissy over having the wrong spuds

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                                We know that time-wise it has already been at LEAST a few months- likely more. She should have an established personality (within the context of the story) by now.
                                We don't know when she was assigned. Even though Janet's been gone for a while her permanent replacement may not have arrived on post until quite recently.

I still think TPTB are smart to let us get to know Dr. Brightman slowly. She may never interact with SG-1 like Janet. Dr. Brightman may be more like the male doctor, Dr. Warner, and we may not see as much of her as we did Janet. Time will tell.
                                Slainte
                                "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

Working...
                                X