Lockdown (803)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
    Heehh, yah, i was about to say that, black=evil, white=good, haha... But not in a racist form that is
    Unless you're talking about Sauron, of course.

BTW (and back on topic), I made some lighthearted criticism of the Dr. Brightman character - I said she needed to go dancing, but I believe everyone in the SGC needs more boogie-time. It's her first appearance and she (Brightman) is replacing a beloved character's role. They can't just remove one well-developed doctor character and plop another one down in her place. Brightman had ample authority and expertise, which was what she needed for this episode. If it's warranted, I'm sure she'll develop as a character as time goes on.
    Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
    O'Neill: Who doesn't?
    - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
    - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
    once done, cannot be undone...
    brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
      If it's warranted, I'm sure she'll develop as a character as time goes on.
      Exactly - if it's warranted. I honestly don't think anyone would have a problem with her if they hadn't been used to Janet. Not because people are mad that she's replacing Janet the same way people disliked Jonas for replacing Daniel, but without being used to the Dr. Fraiser character I don't think anyone would have expected Dr. Brightman to be anything more than what she was in this episode: A generic doctor character, needed by the plot. Just because TPTB decided to evolve Janet beyond that doesn't mean they'll do the same thing to this character. Not this late in the game.
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

As lmj said for colours, evil races dress in dull colours such as gray and black as other races like the Nox where a creamy white and the Asgard. Well, they don't wear anything, but that's not the point! lol
        __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Slainte
          We don't know when she was assigned. Even though Janet's been gone for a while her permanent replacement may not have arrived on post until quite recently.

I still think TPTB are smart to let us get to know Dr. Brightman slowly. She may never interact with SG-1 like Janet. Dr. Brightman may be more like the male doctor, Dr. Warner, and we may not see as much of her as we did Janet. Time will tell.

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
          Exactly - if it's warranted. I honestly don't think anyone would have a problem with her if they hadn't been used to Janet. Not because people are mad that she's replacing Janet the same way people disliked Jonas for replacing Daniel, but without being used to the Dr. Fraiser character I don't think anyone would have expected Dr. Brightman to be anything more than what she was in this episode: A generic doctor character, needed by the plot. Just because TPTB decided to evolve Janet beyond that doesn't mean they'll do the same thing to this character. Not this late in the game.
          Yes. That's what I think, too. I figured that Alisen Downs played--or was told to play--Dr. Brightman as flat and professional in order to keep her separate from Janet. Yes, it makes us miss Janet more, but I think we supposed to miss her. They killed off the character; and they've already done the "Not Quite Dead" bit a few too many times already. I we can't have Janet Fraiser, then, yes, a "generic doctor" is more to my taste. A new CMO, just brimming with personality would, would have struck me as callous, as if the writers/directors didn't value the character they created.

Bucky

Comment

Oky I liked the ep. We got to know what happened to Anibus. And now he's on the ice planet....but question....can an energy being be frozen in a cold weather, imho, nope...an i wrong? anyway...the new doctor looked russian and her voice was low...that was kinda scare...she looked out of plave to me...but it's all good...because she will never replace Frasier...so i guess i loved the ep

Comment

KS = Killer Snow

Don't you guys know anything?
              Shep: I can't hear you threatening to suck the life out of me 'til you hit the button on the radio.

Soldier (In Russian): Are you Russian spies?
              Daniel: Niet.
              Jack: Daniel!
              Daniel: What? He asked if we were Russian spies and I said no........oh.
              -1969 (221)

Comment

I don't think the new doctor will ever replace our beloved Dr. Frasier, but i don't think that was the new doctors purpose of the episode anyway, like in previous posts above this one (and in other threads about this subject), maybe they needed a doctor to play a part, anyone really, so yah, thats what i think.
                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie
                  Oky I liked the ep. We got to know what happened to Anibus. And now he's on the ice planet....but question....can an energy being be frozen in a cold weather, imho, nope...an i wrong? anyway...the new doctor looked russian and her voice was low...that was kinda scare...she looked out of plave to me...but it's all good...because she will never replace Frasier...so i guess i loved the ep
                  Well, Anubis did survive in the cold of space for several months, I think he can stand a little snow.
                  "If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh." -

Comment

yeah...so what was the point....lol....? i guess we haven't seen the last of him...but hopefully ancients deal with him, soon!

Comment

well at the very least anubis can slowly float to some other planet with a stargate and possess an animal then dial the gate although that could take a thousand years but hey if they make another spinoff placed in the future they could do an episode about anubis coming back as a main enemy and go through the 'old' files with flashbacks.

p.s. just think about how pissed anubis would be!

Comment

One thing about this episode..I can't quite decide why I think that Russian did what he did at the end.

I can think of two...

Good reason:

Knew he would die and wanted to save General O'Neall.

Bad reason:

Adrian Conrad's reason.

The good reason seems more likely, and if that is the case, it's a better episode, but I don't know...

Comment

Originally posted by Bobthespirit
                          Bad reason:
                          Adrian Conrad's reason...the good reason seems more likely, and if that is the case, it's a better episode, but I don't know...
                          Adrian Conrad's reason was to be healed by the blending with the symbiote. Clearly blending with Anubis had the opposite effect, so we can be sure it wasn't the "bad" reason.
                          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I'm guessing energy can be frozen. But I'm not sure about what happened to Anubis. Perhaps's he'll freeze perhaps he knows of a way to exit the planet? Interesting question.
                            __

__

Comment

Dr. Brightman, I like her voice. I liked the way she enunciated her lines. I'm not going to draw any comparisons to Dr. Frasier because they are different in their own merits and the show has moved on... but I'll miss Janet *sobs* Brightman totally has bewitching, hypnotic eyebrows.

Yes, I too was humming Ghostbusters... thinking they needed a resident Slimer and one of those fancy traps (created with knowledge from the Repository of the Ancients ) to snag Anubis.

Vaselov looks very much like a certain adult entertainer. I'll go no further as this isn't an appropriate place to mention, but I couldn't help but notice the resemblance. What a sacrifice he made... hey, maybe frozen, he didn't die, but he'll be thawed out later like anti-cryo and they'll make him better and let him join SG-1 for his troubles -- or something

The "KS" planet designation, since it seems deliberate, does seem to be a clue pointing to something interesting.

Anubis is "immaterial" so I think if the walls don't affect him, the cold likely doesn't either. But I don't know for sure.

How do we know the whole planet is chilly and not just the area around the gate? Look at Earth; it's got so many diverse climates and ecosystems. If Anubis heads south I'm sure he can possess a sperm whale and use it to get his way
                              Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                              more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

I agree with everything you said. The new doctors voice is pretty darn nice!
                                __

__

Comment

Working...
                                X