No announcement yet.

Lockdown (803)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, one thing more: I really don't agree with the criticism of Dr. Brightman. I have no idea if they even intend to make her anything more than one of the second-level characters on the show (in fact, they might have every intention of downplaying her role, to avoid Janet comparisons), but I didn't have a problem with her last night. She needs to warm up and be more lively? "Lockdown" was not the ep for that. She came across as exactly what she needed to be under the circumstances: completely professional.

J.
    "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Well, I just finished watching last nights new episode for the first time. I haven't read any posts made since it aired, because I didn't want my view of the episode to be colored by other peoples reaction to it. Also, my big head considers

PIGGY'S USELESS OPINION
      of 'Lockdown'

to be the only opinion of any value, heh heh. And I enjoyed the show, but felt it flew by a little too fast - no doubt due to me being spoiled by double-length episodes two weeks in a row. Also, the copy I watched seemed to be missing something at the very beginning. It can't have been much more than a few seconds, though.

So: The russians are back, huh? I wonder where they've been for the last year and a half. Have the russian SG team even been mentioned since 'Metamorphosis'? In any case, Jack seems to have gotten over his distrust of Russians in general - his reluctance to put the colonel on the team was obviously not due to his nationality.

Speaking of Jack, I found this episode to be surprisingly Jack-heavy. I knew he would be in it, but I didn't expect him to be front-and-center for so much of it with RDA's even-more-reduced schedule this year. I'm thinking TPTB made the right decision by having him put in charge of the SGC.

Yet, even with him being present to such a high degree there wasn't much of the usual banter other than a few exchanges regarding Jack having shot Daniel. Humor-wise, this episode wasn't a big one. The funniest moment for me was when Jack asked Daniel if he knew how to 'take away Anubis' options' and Daniel responded with a blank stare.

I also laughed at the final shot of frozen Anubis, although I suppose it does leave the door open for him to return (Can semi-ascended beings freeze to death?).

Overall, I found the episode to be pretty good. Nothing outstanding, but certainly enjoyable. Now I'm looking forward to watching last nights Atlantis episode in a few hours!
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Semi-Ascended? He seemed quite ascended to me, passing through walls and stuff. Why is he black and not white btw? Maybe he didn't find the Ancients way to ascend.
        And no, I don't think he can die. Unless it's 0 K.

Comment

Speaking of Jack, I found this episode to be surprisingly Jack-heavy. I knew he would be in it, but I didn't expect him to be front-and-center for so much of it with RDA's even-more-reduced schedule this year. I'm thinking TPTB made the right decision by having him put in charge of the SGC.
          As I recall, Robert Cooper said in an interview that Jack would be heavy in the beginning of the season (as SG-1 supports the launch of Atlantis), used sparingly in the middle of the season, and then we'll have more "Jack" in the last part of the season. Just a different way of allocating RDA's time this year.
          Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Piggy, I enjoyed reading your post. I can't wait to watch it now! Gets excited!
            __

__

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
              Semi-Ascended? He seemed quite ascended to me, passing through walls and stuff.
              Ahem! I know twisting and turning anything and everything that is said or shown in the show in every possible way is "what we do" but do we really need to make an issue out of this?

Yes, Anubis is only partially ascended. We know this from previous episodes. It is a fact. End of story.

Comment

I agree with piggy, it's a fact. He ascended didn't make it all the way and got stuck!
                __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                  I agree with piggy, it's a fact. He ascended didn't make it all the way and got stuck!
                  didn't he ascend all the way then not get booted out properly so was stuck partly ascended?

not having seen this ep, i would say the anubis probably didn't ascend again and was still stuck half ascended, since it was mentioned his human form was all to do with the black cloak/suite he wore.
                  spook

Comment

Originally posted by sshspooky
                    didn't he ascend all the way then not get booted out properly so was stuck partly ascended?
                    Correct.

Comment

One question I had. Since Anubis was only partly ascended, how did they know he even HAD his powers anymore?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                        One question I had. Since Anubis was only partly ascended, how did they know he even HAD his powers anymore?
                        My thoughts exactly. We've never seen him using any powers, so who's to say he still has them? For all we know, the only thing that makes him part-ascended could be the fact that he is made up of energy.

Comment

Yey, I'm happy I now know why the new doctor looks so familliar.
                          "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                            Semi-Ascended? He seemed quite ascended to me, passing through walls and stuff. Why is he black and not white btw?
                            Black/grey floating thing = universal sci-fi designation for "evil". Don't you know the rules?
                            Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                            O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                            - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                            - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                            once done, cannot be undone...
                            brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
                              Oh, one thing more: I really don't agree with the criticism of Dr. Brightman. ... She needs to warm up and be more lively? "Lockdown" was not the ep for that. She came across as exactly what she needed to be under the circumstances: completely professional.
                              I don't think she needed to be any more lively or whatever, she just needed a personality... any personality. Happy and bubbly, a mean-ass b*tch, something. She reminded me of those half-asleep goa'ulded people from "Nightwalkers".

More notes...

Why, after Sam zatted Daniel, did it take him so long to radio anybody once he woke up? Was he just getting used to people shooting him and thought nothing more of it?

I knew when Jack was arming the auto-destruct that it was Anubis. Anything else doesn't make sense, since destroying the mountain would've done nothing to a being that can pass through solid objects (nor would it have destroyed the gate, probably). But question... doesn't it take two ranking officers to turn off the auto-destruct? I believe this had been mentioned several times.
                              Anyway I'm sorry, but that just happens to be how I feel about it. What do you think?

Comment

Heehh, yah, i was about to say that, black=evil, white=good, haha... But not in a racist form that is
                                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Working...
                                X