Lockdown (803)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teal'c
    Anubis can probably, almost definately leave the frozen body. But trying to fly away from the planet without using his ascended powers... he didn't travel very fast so it would take a LONG time
    What I'm saying is, he could maybe use his ascended powers without the Ancients knowing it. They can't be EVERYWHERE at once, and some dead-end snowball in the middle of nowhere isn't likely to be high on their list of priority locations. Unless they go all "I feel a disturbance in the Force..." and blink instantly to the location. I think Anubis might have a bit of leeway. That was far too easy an end for him.

Comment

Brightman wasn't bad, really. She can hopefully grow into the job, but that depends on how much they write for her. She was stiff, but as it progressed I thought she loosened up enough for me to think she'll continue to improve as Doc. She has big shoes to fill.

And ironically, I fixed Yukon Gold's for dinner last night, and the mashed does have a different consistency, in case anyone wondered.
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, it would take Anubis a long time to travel, with his powers it can be pretty fast within seconds I guess
        __

__

Comment

Why didn't Anubis go for the BC-303?

Comment

Joe Mallozzi's production notes are now up at:

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s8/making/803.shtml

Interesting that he originally planned to send Anubis to a fiery planet, rather than a frozen one. I think they made the right choice, loved the image of poor Russian guy standing like a popsicle on the planet.
            Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

In general I liked "Lockdown" quite a bit and they managed to produce a standalone episode that still tied in to the Anubis arc. Definitely think we haven't seen the last of Anubis. Which amazingly doesn't both me much -- I liked him better as the dark "essence" than in his Darth Vader costume!

* I like seeing Jack adjust to the General role and as I hoped, he seems to be toning down the cosmic giddiness a bit without losing his sarcastic edge. Nice to see him try and outwit Anubis, showing his abilities as a competent leader.

* Liked the pacing of the episode. I already knew the twist (which was pretty well telegraphed in the opening sequence anyway), but Anubis jumping from person to person kept up the tension and we got to see Daniel being shot by all his team members and kickbut Sam in action. Jack got a lot of action and Teal'c got lines!

* Liked the team scenes and the humor. The group stuff was just enough to let us know that Jack and SG-1 are still a team in spirit if not in reality. Nice scene at the beginning and the "who shot me" scene was very funny with everyone rolling their eyes trying to avoid Daniel's question.

* Russian guy was a nice guest star and they managed to make him a sympathetic character (especially in his scenes with Daniel) so that we cared about his noble actions at the end.

There were some nits, already covered by everyone else. I'm still not sure about all the ascended rules. They seem to come and go as it's convenient. The new doc didn't have much personality but maybe they're just introducing the character slowly (verrryy slowly). Russian guy rising from his deathbed and making it to the gateroom without being stopped. Oh well, plot contrivances aside, I had fun watching it!.
              Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

I was reading the production notes earlier. They're good
                __

__

Comment

It was a good episode. Much more Jack in it than I thought that there would be. I actually thought it was a pretty good team episode even though Jack's not really part of the team anymore. I loved when Daniel woke up and asked who shot him. They looks that the other 3 exhanged were priceless. Eveyone got whumped in this one. Exept Teal'c that is. As for the doctor she was alright. She performed her function. TPTB probably don't expect her to take right away after how popular Janet was. I was kind of hoping that the Ancients would show up and kick some Anubis arse but the end was pretty good anyway. So if I understood the show right Anubis could leave the frozen Russians body and that frozen ice planet but he would be drawing the wrath of the Ancients on him right? I was a little fuzzy on that part.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I'm glad to hear there was a decent dose of Jack. I'm sure for the first three or four eps there will be quite a bit of him and it will start slowing a bit soon!
                    __

__

Comment

Loved the episode, it had me guessing for a large portion of it. I liked all the team interaction and all the humour of it all. It was thoroughly entertaining and even though I had read reports after it aired it did not dampen my enthusiasism.

2 for 2 this season, good job.

Comment

I loved the episode, and kept me giggling. My only nitpick was that the new doc had NO insignia on her uniform. Wearing a military dress uniform with no rank, and she's a doc? Don't think so. Someone fell asleep on the job! (Sorry, I'm military myself, so was curious, and then bugged about it. )

Poor Vaselov, shot down by Jack. Of course, he didn't seem to realize that he just needed the training before getting on an off-world team...

Comment

I liked Vaselov. I liked him alot, too bad the way he left the show.

And Brianamarie: It wasn't Vaselov that wanted to go offworld. It was Anubis.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                            DId anyone have the Ghostbusters theme running through their head while this was going?

Also, what happened to Patient Doctor Confidentiality(SP?)? I mean come on, that doctor was treating Vascofk and she just went and blabbed it to Sam, who blabbed it to Daniel, as he was dying! I understand if she told Jack(Brightman-->Jack), but come on..Sam!? She is an f-ing physasyst!
                            There's no such thing as patient/doctor confidentiality in the military. Sam was a superior officer to the doc and was working on a problem that affected the base. She had an absolute right to any pertinent information that the doctor had.

J.
                            "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

I'm glad the new doctor has been welcomed. Look forward to watching her!
                              __

__

Comment

I liked this episode, definitely more than NO. For one thing, it moved and had some real tension: you actually believed that the people at the base were worried and cared about what was going on (unlike the "Jack's frozen, ho hum" feeling of last week). I thought Jack is finding his feet as a General well (and I like that they gave a reason for his not wanting the Russian on SG-1 or any team at this time. And, yes, Jack *is* an "equal opportunity offender"--one of the reasons why I think that the Asgard don't have a problem with "little gray butts"; they know he talks to everyone that way!).

The previous posts on this thread have already pretty thoroughly covered a lot of the best parts of the ep and some of the questions ("KS" ????), but I did have a couple of problems I don't think I saw mentioned (I apologize if I missed them):

* How did Daniel know, almost at the end, that Anubis was on his way to the gateroom? He didn't seem to know that Anubis was inside Jack, or you assume he would have told Sam and Teal'c. So, what told him?

* The zats: their effect suddenly seems very inconsistent. Neither Jack nor Daniel seemed to be completely knocked out and both came around almost immediately, while Sam and some of the guards remained out cold. Pick one version of what a zat does and stick to it!

About the end: I think that Anubis is stuck. My impression was that this was *not* an inhabited world and he would have no one to jump to. On his own--assuming that there *is* a DHD there somewhere--he would be unable to dig the DHD out, clear away any ice or operate it. He might be able to do something if he used his powers, but that would bring the Others down on him immediately. (I'm also assuming that this planet was not on the Abydos cartouche, so a visit from the Goa'uld, especially as it appears so uninviting, would be unlikely.)

One interesting note: Jack and the planetary designations. They've given us evidence in the past that Jack doesn't "remember" the designations when he doesn't have to. Yet, in "2010", for example, he not only remembered that the designation in the note was one he had seen before, but he remembered it from an entire list of designations (and all of places to which they had not yet gone). Here, he knew exactly which world KSblah-blah was. Guess the general can't play some of the same games as the colonel.

J.
                                "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Working...
                                X