Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Lockdown (803)

Default Re: Lockdown (803)

KS = Killer Snow

Don't you guys know anything?
    Shep: I can't hear you threatening to suck the life out of me 'til you hit the button on the radio.

Soldier (In Russian): Are you Russian spies?
    Daniel: Niet.
    Jack: Daniel!
    Daniel: What? He asked if we were Russian spies and I said no........oh.
    -1969 (221)

Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar

I don't think the new doctor will ever replace our beloved Dr. Frasier, but i don't think that was the new doctors purpose of the episode anyway, like in previous posts above this one (and in other threads about this subject), maybe they needed a doctor to play a part, anyone really, so yah, thats what i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie
    Oky I liked the ep. We got to know what happened to Anibus. And now he's on the ice planet....but question....can an energy being be frozen in a cold weather, imho, nope...an i wrong? anyway...the new doctor looked russian and her voice was low...that was kinda scare...she looked out of plave to me...but it's all good...because she will never replace Frasier...so i guess i loved the ep
    Well, Anubis did survive in the cold of space for several months, I think he can stand a little snow.
    "If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh." - http://69.93.183.37/853/0/emo/chrono0.gif

yeah...so what was the point....lol....? i guess we haven't seen the last of him...but hopefully ancients deal with him, soon!

well at the very least anubis can slowly float to some other planet with a stargate and possess an animal then dial the gate although that could take a thousand years but hey if they make another spinoff placed in the future they could do an episode about anubis coming back as a main enemy and go through the 'old' files with flashbacks.

p.s. just think about how pissed anubis would be!

Chief Master Sergeant

One thing about this episode..I can't quite decide why I think that Russian did what he did at the end.

I can think of two...

Good reason:

Knew he would die and wanted to save General O'Neall.

Bad reason:

Adrian Conrad's reason.

The good reason seems more likely, and if that is the case, it's a better episode, but I don't know...

Earth Symbol Re: Lockdown (803)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthespirit
    Bad reason:
    Adrian Conrad's reason...the good reason seems more likely, and if that is the case, it's a better episode, but I don't know...
    Adrian Conrad's reason was to be healed by the blending with the symbiote. Clearly blending with Anubis had the opposite effect, so we can be sure it wasn't the "bad" reason.

I'm guessing energy can be frozen. But I'm not sure about what happened to Anubis. Perhaps's he'll freeze perhaps he knows of a way to exit the planet? Interesting question.

Dr. Brightman, I like her voice. I liked the way she enunciated her lines. I'm not going to draw any comparisons to Dr. Frasier because they are different in their own merits and the show has moved on... but I'll miss Janet *sobs* Brightman totally has bewitching, hypnotic eyebrows.

Yes, I too was humming Ghostbusters... thinking they needed a resident Slimer and one of those fancy traps (created with knowledge from the Repository of the Ancients ) to snag Anubis.

Vaselov looks very much like a certain adult entertainer. I'll go no further as this isn't an appropriate place to mention, but I couldn't help but notice the resemblance. What a sacrifice he made... hey, maybe frozen, he didn't die, but he'll be thawed out later like anti-cryo and they'll make him better and let him join SG-1 for his troubles -- or something

The "KS" planet designation, since it seems deliberate, does seem to be a clue pointing to something interesting.

Anubis is "immaterial" so I think if the walls don't affect him, the cold likely doesn't either. But I don't know for sure.

How do we know the whole planet is chilly and not just the area around the gate? Look at Earth; it's got so many diverse climates and ecosystems. If Anubis heads south I'm sure he can possess a sperm whale and use it to get his way

I agree with everything you said. The new doctors voice is pretty darn nice!

Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar

I thought otherwise about the Doctor's 'voice', i don't know, it seemed so dull to me, but if shes going to be the regular doctor, they better make her have a better personality, because yes, i don't want a dull character on a week to week basis, i mean, chevron guy has a personality!

It took us a while to know Janet, so it will the new one also!

Quote Originally Posted by Torley
    How do we know the whole planet is chilly and not just the area around the gate? Look at Earth; it's got so many diverse climates and ecosystems. If Anubis heads south I'm sure he can possess a sperm whale and use it to get his way
    Yeah, remember in "Solitudes" when Carter went to the surface of Antarctica and called it an "ice planet." She assumed the entire world was like that from just the gate area. I wonder how far from the gate they scout.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tyler
    Yeah, remember in "Solitudes" when Carter went to the surface of Antarctica and called it an "ice planet." She assumed the entire world was like that from just the gate area. I wonder how far from the gate they scout.
    Did anyone see a DHD?

The Pantsinator
    (Moderator Emeritus)

Overall I really enjoyed this episode. It was a nice change of pace to have EVERY member of the TEAM doing something that was pertinant to the storyline and everytime they were on screen they were doing it.
    Instead of having two or three different stories going on at once that continously divided my attention it was nice to have the show continously flow.
    I loved the *team* banter yet again, the *Apt Warming* Teal'c asking if he must prepare a meal. My first thought was "What would he cook?" Made me think of Klingon food. The whole three man team/potatoe thing was hilarious.

I wasn't too distracted by the new Dr and I too think that was the plan. Introduce her gradually.
    I agree with a lot of points already mentioned so no need to repeat.

Again, I was just enjoying that the whole team was part of the story and every one of them had a part in it, heck even Teal'c had lines every time he was on screen. So for an earth based episode I was pleasently surprised.
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

One thing about this episode..I can't quite decide why I think that Russian did what he did at the end.

I can think of two...

Good reason:

Knew he would die and wanted to save General O'Neall.

Bad reason:

Adrian Conrad's reason.

The good reason seems more likely, and if that is the case, it's a better episode, but I don't know...
    I was bothered by what the russian charactar did as well. I was thinking why in the world did he do that. It still bothers me. How did he manage to get from the infirmary to the gateroom without being stopped? Were there no nurses or guards around? Just how far is it from the infirmary to the Gateroom? I wish we could have gotten a sense of what he was thinking. Why did he even think he could do anything to help?

Other then that. I liked this ep. Poor Daniel.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarym1
    Why did he even think he could do anything to help?
    Because he is a Colonel in the Russian Air Force and just as capable as his American counterparts. Plus, he knew he was dying so he really didn't have to worry about getting killed.

Exclamation Re: Lockdown (803)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarym1
    I was bothered by what the russian charactar did as well. I was thinking why in the world did he do that. It still bothers me. How did he manage to get from the infirmary to the gateroom without being stopped? Were there no nurses or guards around? Just how far is it from the infirmary to the Gateroom? I wish we could have gotten a sense of what he was thinking. Why did he even think he could do anything to help?
    It's kind of ethnocentric to think that the American personnel can handle the situation, but the decorated Russian Colonel is useless. Who's to say he couldn't come up with a better way to defeat Anubis?

He probably didn't want to sit around and do nothing while he waited for death. When he noticed O'Neill was in danger, he sacrificed himself because he was dying...plain and simple.

Bad reason:

Adrian Conrad's reason.
    He didn't do it for that reason. Conrad did it because he knew a symbiote would heal him, but Anubis is not a goa'uld symbiote anymore. The Russian knew Anubis wouldn't heal him - having been posessed by Anubis is why he was dying in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mio
    Did anyone see a DHD?
    Nope

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast