Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Lockdown (803)

Default Re: Lockdown (803)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    My biggest question is: Why the hell didn't they activate the iris??! It can stop stuff incoming, but a shield works both ways!
    I had the same question, but it was kinda answered when it turned out they were actually tricking Anubis onto that ice planet. Waiting around for the Ancients to get involved (something I don't think was going to happen since the whole Anubis mess probably wouldn't exist if they were more competent ), it likely would've entailed a miffed Anubis zapping all of them.

As to the need of a body: I believe the body was necessary for Anubis to find another shield again, but otherwise he likely could've gone through the gate all on his own.

-Bloodaxe

*sob* MISS JANET *sob*
    Not much to be done about it now, but can't they warm the new Dr up a little!!
    BTW, I think they mentioned at some point in the dim dark past that only planets (with habitable atmospheres??) have a P-____ designation. Didn't they mention M - for moon at some point????? You got me on what KS is for tho..
    Other than that, agree completely with Taupecat. Thrilled I didn't get spoiled on this Aunibis thing..... happy to see some resolution (after all it seemed a tad convinient that he could just die in an explosion... ).
    I too thought Jack was merely trying to force Anubis's hand with the self destruct, its fun being out of the loop! (just don't try it every ep ).
    LOVED the team stuff, now if only they could get offworld...

Earth Symbol Re: Lockdown (803)

I like how Jack still wears BDUs rather than the dressier short-sleeze shirt that Hammond often opted for.

Chief Master Sergeant Animalian's Avatar

I know it has been said a million times but the whole Daniel not remembering was just hilarious. The WHOLE conversation was hilarious not just "Who shot me?". The potato thing was also hilarious. O.O "No!" ROFL!
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Bill Watterson
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../DanBanner.jpg

Chief Master Sergeant Hohenzollern's Avatar

So Anubis cannot leave/depart a frozen corpse or did he perhaps die with the Russian?

I was disappointed the O'Niell character did not rise to properly greet the character of the Russian officer. It turned out to be anubis, but still, that was not known at the time.

The episode did a good job of keeping us out of the loop. I thought, initially, that the Russian would be recurring character now and then. Thus I was hoping he was Navy and SPETSNAZ. Moot, of course, as he is now a popsicle.

The potato quandry was genius.
    "Let's make it TEN. Ten's a nice...round...number..." -- Morty

I liked it but my question was why did the major go ahead and use his key to start auto destruct...I mean you know O'Neill just shot Carter and Anubis appears to have left, then you have O'neill say come over here and lets turn on the auto destruct (only reason would be the blow the gate and I don't think they would do that even if that meant Anubis would escape) and you don't even seem to think hey maybe Anubis took over Jack now....If that was me I would of not have done so and would of ran to someone like Carter or someone else about it (depending on how fast she recoved form the zat) instead of just saying ok sir and then getting owned by Anubis...

Earth Symbol Colonel Vaseline might not be dead!

If Colonel Vaselov was frozen fast enough, he might not be dead. Or maybe Anubis is keeping him alive to save himself. If/when a Goa'uld ship finds him, they may use a sarcophagus to revive him and then Anubis will leave him to make a shield or whatever. There is some hope, I really liked Alexi.

Major Kearney (AKA Young Hammond) was also cool, he should be Carter's 2IC.

Yeah, Anubis is a pretty smart dude!

The SciFi Channel has updated both the "Stargate SG-1" and the "Stargate Atlantis" sites with episode synopses for tonight's episodes:

STARGATE SG-1

Download teaser for "Zero Hour":

http://www.scifi.com/stargate/teaser/index.html

"Lockdown" Episode Synopsis:

http://www.scifi.com/stargate/episodes/season8/0803/

Plus four photos and a General O'Neill sound byte -- "The Problem with Yukon Gold Potatoes"

http://www.scifi.com/stargate/episod...neal_clip.html

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

STARGATE ATLANTIS

"Hide and Seek" Episode Synopsis:

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/episod...n1/episode103/

Plus four photos

And a "Did You Know?" feature on:

According to Dr. Beckett, "We believe ATA, or Ancient Technology Activation, is caused by a single gene that's always on, instructing various cells in the body to produce a series of proteins and enzymes that interact with the skin, the nervous system, and the brain." In his experimental genetic therapy that could allow ATA with treated humans, "we're using a mouse retrovirus to deliver the missing gene."

Download teaser for "Hide and Seek":

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/episod...ideo_clip.html

Download the ORIGINAL Stargate Atlantis teaser:

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/video/teaser.html

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

Thanks for the links! I'm gonna go check them out now

Sam and Daniel get possessed by an alien. Must be Tuesday...

I liked this episode, but only because Anubis was tied into it. If the entity had simply been another random alien or an intelligent virus... I would've been a tad miffed.

I loved Jack's idea to announce the lockdown was permanent. He knew that would make Anubis spring into action, and it worked like a charm. I was, like some of you, confused when he activated the self-destruct. I figured it was either Jack trying to draw Anubis out, or Anubis playing his final card. Turns out it was latter-ahoy.

Loved the surprise twist of Sam switching the dialing sequence. I was wondering why nobody closed the iris or simply shot him while he was in Vaselov's body (he's not in the opening credits, and he was dying anyway. Sounds like fodder to me). Then bam, they get stuck on a frozen planet. Vaselov's body can't dial, and Anubis is intangible.

Is anyone else really pissed at the Ancients? I wonder why they let this guy do whatever he wants. I know Oma couldn't have been the one who let him keep his powers. Hell, all she let Daniel keep was memories of his life, pre-ascension.
    It's a Fargate! It's different.

Yay for another Anubis episode. I'll probably download the episode this week, although I'm not in a hurry!

I will post before I read this whole thread, so forgive me if I repeat anything.

I've only got one viewing under my belt, but overall a good feeling. After all this talk and excitement about Atlantis this week, I was missing my ol' SGC. O'Neill is fitting quite uncomfortably into his General status. Loved the crack about the potatoes (although Yukon Gold's actually do make great mash and crappy fries Sorry General, but I'm sure Luke knows that!). Liked the fact that Anubis jumped through most of SG-1 and liked the scenes running 'round the SGC in general. Daniel had some great scenes with the Russian and Sam's eyes in the "who shot me?" scene were LOL funny. Hair-today-gone-tomorrow-Teal'c was amusing. You'd think they could fix that with makeup?

I can't think of more right now. It's too late and my mind is turning to mash. Basically, it was a good episode. Now we get to look forward to months and months of "Is Anubis Dead?" threads.
    Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
    O'Neill: Who doesn't?
    - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
    - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
    once done, cannot be undone...
    brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Yeah, this was a great episode, was cool to see Anubis back even if it was just his energy. Had some great humorous moments. Can't wait until next week, the previews looked great!
    "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Can someone tell me what actually happens to him? I want to be spoiled!

More ramblings now that I've read the thread:

- Don't know about the "KS" thing. Somebody better ask at ComicCon this weekend.

- The Russian was probably feeling guilty for bringing the "infection" and wanted to redeem himself. He figured he was dead anyway.

- This "avoiding spoilers" thing is pretty cool! Although I figured it was Anubis as soon as I saw the transfer scene at the ISS, I hadn't been spoiled on that, so it was a lot of fun.

- I kept waiting for Daniel/Sam/O'Neill to go straight-faced and say "Prepare to meet your doom!" Darn.

- The new doc...Brightman? She needs to go on a date...go dancing or something.

- Since when did Gen. Hammond get a grandson and when did he join the SGC? (now watch that joke become theory)

- And what the heck is the military doing buying designer potatoes? Your tax dollars at work? Besides, they're Canadian potatoes!

Still have a warm, fuzzy feeling about the ep. YAY!

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis
    Can someone tell me what actually happens to him? I want to be spoiled!
    Anubis gets into a body and goes through the gate, but Sam changed the coordinates. Instead of the planet he planned to go to, he ends up at a tropical one where he opens a tiki bar, serves drinks with little umbrellas and learns to play the ukelele.

Hint: SciFi.com

lol As if..

Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthro Girl
    Anubis gets into a body and goes through the gate, but Sam changed the coordinates. Instead of the planet he planned to go to, he ends up at a tropical one where he opens a tiki bar, serves drinks with little umbrellas and learns to play the ukelele.

Hint: SciFi.com
    I was about to say, yah, thats what happened, until the tiki bar part, haha... So sad for Anubis, well nevermind, its Anubis

How can you say that! lol

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast