Redemption, Part 2 (602)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this look familiar to anyone here?

The real thing only a smaller ship. Nice to know the FX guys got it right.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

you know i always wondered something, say they did close the gate in 2002 after Anubis attacked Earth, wouldn't it be easier to just oh i don't know, move "Stargate Command" to the Alpha Site and continue their mission there?

Comment

Eeeh..It wouldn't have been the same. They wouldn't have had the resources from earth, the base wouldn't have been as nice as the original one, and let's face it..tha ratings would have decreased..not a thing to wish if hoping for more stargate.

I agree that Mckay wasn't as annoying as it was in the first episode in which he appeared..in fact, it wasn't even annoying, ok maybe a bit. I liked that moment where Sam says to Jack that:"What about you, sir? You have a way of seeing things simple, do you have any ideea" or something like that, don't remeber it accurately. After that, there comes the replica in case of mental block..i'm hungry.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          you know i always wondered something, say they did close the gate in 2002 after Anubis attacked Earth, wouldn't it be easier to just oh i don't know, move "Stargate Command" to the Alpha Site and continue their mission there?
          And how do you suppose they would get to the Alpha Site without using the gate on Earth? Or get supplies there? People have to actually move to another planet and can never return if they can't use/don't have a Stargate on Earth anymore. Not to mention there is no way to keep an eye on them like that, with TPTB being on Earth, including the POTUS, aka commander in chief, and the JCS giving the SGC its orders/mandate.
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

True.. Though it depends if we already have the 303 up and running or not.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              True.. Though it depends if we already have the 303 up and running or not.
              Prometheus wasn't introduced until Prometheus, which is episode 6x11 and even then it wasn't completely finished yet. So it was probably still in developmental/building stage by the season six premiere.
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I just rewatched this 2 parter, and I liked it better this time.

The one goof that I saw was them all talking about kilometers per hour and how many km Jack had to be above the Earth before anything could be done. The RCAF would have used km in their measurements....and I guess they assumed that since it was filmed in Canada then KM would be used. But this show features the USAF--wouldn't they have used miles instead?
                Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are Crunchy and good with Ketchup.

Comment

I was a little disappointed that Jack saved the day at the last minute. I think it would have been better if that last plan had failed and everyone had expected to die with minutes while on the alien world Rya'C destroyed the weapon at the second.

Perhaps the writers were looking for a way to return to just one Stargate on Earth but they could have managed this by simply dropping it in the Atlantic and later SGC recovers it but the power surge has made it unusable.

Great episode though and I like how the they make the financial cost the reason why the Russians don't want their own program. I can't figure out Jack's attitude to the Russians though. What exactly have they done that has offended him?

The Russians want alien technology and to be kept in the loop from the SGC in the same way as the SGC wanted it from the Tollan and Tokra. O'Neill cribs no end when the aliens don't stick to the deal, so what right has he moan about the Russian making the same complaint.

EDIT: Regarding McKay - when did the producer first begin to develop Atlantis? Was Rodney only intended to be an SG-1 recurring character who proved so popular that he was brought on the new show or was he brought into SG-1 with the intention that he'd feature in the spin off?

Was Shanks' absence simply that he wanted to work on other projects? Did he leave with the intention of returning the following season?
                  Last edited by I Am Not James Spader; 10 September 2015, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by I Am Not James Spader View Post
                    I can't figure out Jack's attitude to the Russians though. What exactly have they done that has offended him?
                    Jack's problem with the Russians stems from being a Cold War baby. It's an old-fashioned attitude that becomes more and more bewildering to non-Cold War babies as time passes.

Basically, from the late 1940s through the 1970s, the Russians were THE bad guys (and therefore not to be trusted) to most Americans.

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

EDIT: Regarding McKay - when did the producer first begin to develop Atlantis? Was Rodney only intended to be an SG-1 recurring character who proved so popular that he was brought on the new show or was he brought into SG-1 with the intention that he'd feature in the spin off?
                      McKay was originally not a character in Stargate Atlantis, until someone remembered David Hewlett's character in SG1. I think David may have auditioned for a different character altogether. I vaguely remember reading something about it - I think in the SGA season 1 companion guide.

Was Shanks' absence simply that he wanted to work on other projects? Did he leave with the intention of returning the following season?
                      Michael wanted to focus on other things, and when that didn't turn out the way he hoped, he came back to SG1. Too bad, cause I really liked Jonas Quinn.

Or so I heard...
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Much was said about Shanks but he never was completely gone throughout this season.
                        Nice second part, much action, good characters interacting and new heroes like Ry'ac.
                        Great lines, but the pianist lines unfortunately don't work in German!!
                        CARPE DIEM
                        ANJA

Comment

Eww, Carter kissed McKay on the cheek at the end of the ep! She doesn't actually like him, does she? <SNIPPED>
                          Last edited by Bagpuss; 09 November 2015, 09:45 PM. Reason: Moderated

Comment

It was the cheek, I wouldn't read too much into it if I were you.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by Claire98909 View Post
                              Eww, Carter kissed McKay on the cheek at the end of the ep! She doesn't actually like him, does she? <SNIPPED>
                              Well, you can be nice to somebody even if you don't like that person - it's called politeness.
                              Last edited by Bagpuss; 09 November 2015, 09:47 PM. Reason: Re-quote edited.:)
                              CARPE DIEM
                              ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                This a fantastic conclusion to a fantastic two parter. I didn't even hate McKay that much in this episode and you know from me that says a lot. The guy comes off decent with this episode. The last episode was all about running around looking for solutions but this episode is we have the solution now lets fix it. Jonas is not in this episode that much but I love the part that he is in. His idea seems so simple of a solution that its almost like Jonas have a "Jack moment." That whole action scene of Jack flying the X-302 with Stargate strapped to it was cool. That whole scene looked almost movie quality to me. I have a hard time believing Rya'c could steal a death glider when the planet is so heavily guraded and am left a little curious how they escaped the planet so easily when it was so heavily guraded
                                I agree with jelgate's post here. In fact, I wondered how Rya'c managed to steal a death glider as I saw that scene.

I love Jonas, I truly do.

Comment

Working...
                                X