This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make McShep official!

Stop with all of the Kirking of Sheppard and make McShep official already. We all know it's there. Just like Jack/Daniel XD. What do you call that, anyway? O'Jackson? Jackiel?

(In protest of the repeated threads of "Season 9 sucks", "Bring Jack back" and "It used to be so good". I and any fellow "Anti-those-people-who-start-threads-like-that'ers" shall start the same threads over and over again with a few days/a week or two inbetween)

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
    Stop with all of the Kirking of Sheppard and make McShep official already. We all know it's there. Just like Jack/Daniel XD. What do you call that, anyway? O'Jackson? Jackiel?

(In protest of the repeated threads of "Season 9 sucks", "Bring Jack back" and "It used to be so good". I and any fellow "Anti-those-people-who-start-threads-like-that'ers" shall start the same threads over and over again with a few days/a week or two inbetween)
    Not sure how this is a protest.
    Plus you may want to pick some innane SG-1/2 subject as no one seems to have that much of a problem with Atlantis... at least no one that didnt have a problem in season 1.

As for McShep. I dont really see it, but if it floats your boat. GO FOR IT!!!
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
      Not sure how this is a protest.
      Plus you may want to pick some innane SG-1/2 subject as no one seems to have that much of a problem with Atlantis... at least no one that didnt have a problem in season 1.

As for McShep. I dont really see it, but if it floats your boat. GO FOR IT!!!
      If you check the Character Discussion threads out, you'll see that there's quite a resistance movement against's the Kirking of our beloved Sheppard .

Comment

If you check the Character Discussion threads out, you'll see that there's quite a resistance movement against's the Kirking of our beloved Sheppard .
        But Kirking and Mcshep are not the same thing? Isnt Mcshep Mckay\Shep.
        If he was Mcshep officially then he wouldnt be able to kirk as Mckay would kick his az.... so is this another Anti-kirking thread?
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Kirking?

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
            But Kirking and Mcshep are not the same thing? Isnt Mcshep Mckay\Shep.
            If he was Mcshep officially then he wouldnt be able to kirk as Mckay would kick his az.... so is this another Anti-kirking thread?
            I thought you meant that not many people are against Kirking on Stargate Altantis.

Anyway, this is a McShep thread. Go McShep forever!

Kirking = To regularly set people (usually male) up with people of the opposite sex (because, let's face it, no show that's not primarily about gay people have ever kirked gay people). Usually resulting in sex, making out or lots of blatant flirting. A.k.a. "Babe of the week".

Comment

I thought you meant that not many people are against Kirking on Stargate Altantis.

Anyway, this is a McShep thread. Go McShep forever!

Kirking = To regularly set people (usually male) up with people of the opposite sex (because, let's face it, no show that's not primarily about gay people have ever kirked gay people). Usually resulting in sex, making out or lots of blatant flirting. A.k.a. "Babe of the week".
              *cring* Oh.

Comment

there will never be McShep on this show, ever

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
                  there will never be McShep on this show, ever
                  On that, I agree.

Comment

Don't be a muppet - firstly, it won't happen - secondly, slash writers generally speaking don't want it to be official, because once that first kiss/coming out/dinner date has been written, we can't come up with our own ideas any more.

One of the best things about slash is that it's subversive and unlikely to becom canon, because once it becomes canon, it becomes mundane.

I mean, it's like writing Brokeback Mountain slash: what's the point? It's already been done in canon!

Official Member of the Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
                    ...and the Lord said, 'Let there be F.O.R.D.' and there was, and it was good...

Comment

Originally posted by alfirin_kirinki
                      slash writers generally speaking don't want it to be official, because once that first kiss/coming out/dinner date has been written, we can't come up with our own ideas any more.

One of the best things about slash is that it's subversive and unlikely to becom canon, because once it becomes canon, it becomes mundane.

I mean, it's like writing Brokeback Mountain slash: what's the point? It's already been done in canon!
                      So true
                      While I'm an avid J/D slasher and would happily consider McShep (haven't seen much SGA yet), I don't want it to become canon. That goes for ship, too. No ship or slash between major characters, please, too distracting. Between minor characters is a different matter. More there please PTB!
                      sigpic
                      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

One of the best things about slash is that it's subversive and unlikely to become canon, because once it becomes canon, it becomes mundane.
                        Don't agree: It becomes mundane because the writers can't write it, it is nothing about canon, it is the writing.

Well there is 'Queer as Folk" slash. There is!

I don't see the point of this thread, are you protesting? What about? Too many silly threads? Too many anit-relationships threads? Too many anti-the show threads? Too many anti kirking posters?

Clarity.

Comment

Don't be a muppet - firstly, it won't happen - secondly, slash writers generally speaking don't want it to be official, because once that first kiss/coming out/dinner date has been written, we can't come up with our own ideas any more.

Actually, Brokeback Mountain slash and Queer as Folk slash is a misnomer. Slash is taking two straight guys (or gals) and making them gay (or just have sex). Since on BM and QAF, they're already that, you can't 'slash' them....

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                            Slash is taking two straight guys (or gals) and making them gay (or just have sex). Since on BM and QAF, they're already that, you can't 'slash' them....
                            Since when? The characters don't have to be heterosexual to be slashed, I assure you.

The thought of McShep, however, completely squicks me, because I just don't feel that between the two of them. Good friends, yes. But a sexual relationship? I can't picture John Sheppard as anything other than heterosexual, and I'm usually pretty good at telling one way or the other (probably something to do with being bisexual myself, I do my best to fine-tune it!).

Comment

While I have nothing against McShep or slash period in principle, I think that there are three things to take into account when considering making it canon.

1) TPTB aren't daring enough to have a homosexual relationship on either stargate, much less between the two main male characters. Stargate is generally defined as nice popcorn fodder for the family - very rarely does it tread into controversial topics and if it does so it tends to just scrape the surface or dip a toe in and run away (see, Critical Mass). I use BSG as the litmus test - if you don't see a controversial topic on BSG you'll never see it on Stargate.

2) TPTB have already set up Rodney and Shep canonically as heterosexual men. Heck, rarely does a episode go by when Shep doesn't flirt with whatever woman crosses his path. Now I guess they could certainly write them as bisexual, but it would be seen as one hell of a jump by most viewers.

3) TPTB have shown that they do a cruddy job writing ship, be it Sam/Jack on SG1 or the laughable triangle hint of Shep/Weir/Teyla on Atlantis. Slash would fare just as poorly.

Comment

Working...
                              X