Michael/Teyla Emmagan Relationship Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael/Teyla Emmagan Relationship Discussion/Appreciation

Yes... Total newbie. That's me. Andrew J. Talon, total Gatehead.

And after "Michael", I guess I can't help but fall to the darkside.

As in most ships, I suppose the operative explanation is: "Why not?"

1: He didn't suck the life out of her at the end, despite hating what had been done to him and taking her hostage.
    2: Their physical therapy sessions were, well... Rather heated.
    3: I dunno... Ronan's reactions to Michael seemed more than simply "he's a WRAITH! KILL!". More like "He's a Wraith, hanging out with MY GIRL!" kind of thing. Maybe I'm seeing things?
    4: The fact he was so easily able to take over Teyla's mind seems to indicate a stronger connection between the two than other Wraith.
    5: She was, indeed, the most honest and true with him. Aside from Ronan, but well... Meh.

Perhaps I'm drunk. In any event, feel free to post replies and share your thoughts.

In the end I don't really think anything would happen to them, he was conflicted, he did pull back at first before feeding on her, but then the urge took over and he struck again and was shot by Sheppard before he fed on her. I would like to see him return in the future though, I couldn't see any romantic interaction for them happening, especially given Teyla's history with the wraith-her friends and family and the rest of Pegaseus being killed by them.
    Plus if there were romantic interaction, Michael would always have the uncontrollable urge to just eat her up literally, have her join him for dinner as his main course.

Comment

I think Teyla wanted to help him probably because she has known the wraith for a long time and knows how evil they are ..so having a ex-wraith in front of her who reacted like a human for a while was a discovery .
      but I don't think Teyla would like to mix romantically with a Wraith as he was really scary at the end ..and he snapped ..He could snap anytime and could feed on any human when he feels like it . So the trust here would be a zero as far as Teyla is concerned . Michael will have to go and find a Wraith woman and if he decides one day to come back and become human , then obviously they will perhaps help him but he may stay in quarantine for the rest of his life because they will never know if his human form and soul will be there forever or temporary . Trust will always be a problem . and without trust there is no love .

I understand that Teal'c had to gain SGC and SG1 's trust to be accepted but he was not a Goauld , just a Jaffa so he was not Evil but was just serving the goaulds ..It was easier to trust him and he made a decision to stay ..Michael didn't and next time he may just use it as a trick to get in Atlantis city again. I would be very wary of him if he comes back specially as he can use Teyla to get what he wants .

Caty

Comment

I think that human Michael could be involved in a relationship with Teyla but I don't see Wraith Michael being with her at all. I have a feeling that Teyla may be able to reach him on a level that others can't and they may play that up at some point.

Comment

I actually really want to see more of this. I don't really care if it goes anywhere, and if it does, I don't expect it to go for more than an episode. Frankly, I think the interaction between the two in "Allies" showed it's possible he cares for her, even as a Wraith. So we'll see I guess

Anyway... on a side note, here there's a great Teyla/Michael vid by Nel that I absolutely love: "Creep"

Comment

hmmm, maybe I should rec this one fic that is just beginning to explore the Teyla/Michael dynamic. It's Salvation, by Irony_rocks. (And just for the interest of disclaiming, she's kinda my newest online buddy, so . . . yeah.) But still, awesome fic that takes place in the future of an alternate reality - one in which Michael has become the fourth man in Sheppard's team. The relationship there between Michael and Alt-Teyla really is fascinating for me (and that's saying something, considering I usually don't read Teyla fics). It's just beginning to explore that relationship, though. Mostly, so far, it's more about Elizabeth and Teyla and the interesting stuff that's happening to them in this alternate reality.

I've been poking her for more M/T stuff in future chapters too, and she's promised to deliver! But still, maybe people here would like to check it out and join in on the poking, just for extra motivation!
            Sig by Whistler84, RIP.
            You believed in me when it seemed only I could. You stood by me when no one else would.
            Even though we are two friends who did tragically part, I know your loving memory will forever survive in my heart

Poem by Rachel Cooper.

Comment

Ooh, I liked that story. Great Michael/Teyla interactions there, but then there are so many things to like about that AU.

I like these two, but I don't necessarily see it as romantic, I think the link is more complex than that. I like the fact that both of them have something of the other that puts them outside of their own world, I could see them bonding over that. Especially if we are going to see more of Michael.

Comment

Wow you are so not drunk... I actually I really like the concept of Michael and Teyla. I have recently read a story called "Love and Hate:The Paradox." It covers all the issues mentioned here and so much more. Like Blue Ban Righ and Nebulan. I would REALLY, truly like to see more of this Michael and Teyla bond.

Yes it is a dark concept but that is what makes it work... Michael as a human seems not to brook much opposition. With him as a human it does not have half the excitement and interest as with Michael as a wraith. Why even as a human he was lied experimented on and experienced prejudice. There is so much history beween their people, so much to overcome even if it would be for so little awhile. That what makes this dark idea so worth working through, so much more than a classical Romance. What could they bond be, how would they come together even it was not happy ever after, it would be so complex that what makes it alluring.

Why should he not remain wraith... I am sure wraith have emotions. He certainly seemed to in Allies. Michael was terribly honest to Teyla at that meeting, even to if he did not make himself appear good. He was so terribly polite to her as well. I have not seen that old fashioned point of honour for so long- so to see it coming from a wraith it was strange.

Can a wraith manage his hunger. Bob did for a fortnight and the one from Instinct rarely fed 3-4 times a year. Michael did say they must overcome their Instincts- to kill each other...possiblely he meant that only, but he could have meant so much more as well. I truly hope he stays wraith otherwise why go through all that suffering and pain. With his unsual perceptive on both races there might be a bridge even begun to built...through him.

Actually what you said about Ronan does makes sense. Ok He went for the wraith scientist after he touched Rodney but in Allies when he went for Michael he made sure Teyla had left first. Why hide the action from her. With most wraith it seems to be disappassionate dispatch.

I would like to congratulate you, Andrew for bringing this thread into being, with its dark concept, even if will never be popular with the mainstream, or become an actuality in SGA. i hope ithis thread last a long long time
                Last edited by kaeyla; 31 May 2006, 09:37 AM.
                We are angels of death in black leather
                Your demons without wings, we glide
                We are angels in black with a hunger
                Not your sheep to change or guide.
                We are angels in the blackness for ever

Comment

^great points kaeyla!!

In "Allies" they left character development for Michael wide open, and I like the point you brought up that Ronon wasn't willing to attack michael when Teyla was around.
                  I just CAN'T wait for the next episode!! Wraith or human, Michael is a great dynamic character and I can't wait to see more of him

I don't know if anyone else as crazy as me has made any Michayela (I just made that up) fanart, but I have, mwhahaha: Are we really so different?
                  Last edited by nebulan; 16 June 2006, 08:43 AM.

Comment

W00t! I made a sig. *thinks about making avatars while I'm at it...
                    Michael/Teyla Sig

come on! I can't be the only one crazy enough to make sigs and fanart and stuff for this pairing! Someone else make any??

Comment

Ok, I am so happy that I am not the only insane person person to see these two and think....hmmm....hot! LOL Happy to see this thread. **running to read the fanfics and see the fanart**
                      Love Lorne | Sparky! | Open_Com

Comment

I truly enjoy the interaction between Michael and Teyla, plus it doesn't hurt that Conor and Rachel have fantastic chemistry. I really like that Michael could find it within himself to care for a human and that Teyla might hate herself for caring right back. Plus, it's excellent character development for teyla, which I always want to see.
                        But romantically, I don't see it. I think it would cheapen this deep, strange, eerie bond between the two of them if it were made to be romantic. They have a connection that is different, but no less entertaining to me.
                        sigpic

Comment

Nebulan- I loved your art and sig I thought they captured the essence of Michael and Teyla so will - you have inspired me tonight i will create my own Michael/Teyla art- i have already drawn a pic of Michael as full wraith with long hair. Maybe I should put that here too??? I saw Creep- I loved that too- always been one of my favourite songs but everytime hear of it i think of Michael and Teyla now.

There is real chemistry between Michael and Teyla -it is both ethereal and sensual at the same time an odd combination but like Teyla and Michael it works wonderfully. it would be lovely to watch them care for each, other need each other even if the bond is not love but something else that brings them together. I really want to see more of their strangeland beautiful interaction... see where they can go. Still want to see Michael stay as a Wraith i feel there will be more dynamic here

Hello Bladefanatic and Hello Rory hope to see you often...

I have found the website for love and Hate :the paradox but the website is down for a revamp. When it is up I will post a link here... it a very unusual story... deals with so much between Teyla and Michael...

Mind in mind, our unlooked for bond we can find
                          Are we so very different or are we the same.
                          The Hunger keeps you from me, always far behind
                          Our history, our past, our Kinds' ways both to blame.
                          But are we so different, our bond in soul and mind
                          Last edited by kaeyla; 05 July 2006, 09:33 AM.
                          We are angels of death in black leather
                          Your demons without wings, we glide
                          We are angels in black with a hunger
                          Not your sheep to change or guide.
                          We are angels in the blackness for ever

Comment

Originally posted by kaeyla
                            Nebulan- I loved your art and sig I thought they captured the essence of Michael and Teyla so will - you have inspired me tonight i will create my own Michael/Teyla art- i have already drawn a pic of Michael as full wraith with long hair. Maybe I should put that here too???
                            Definately! Post away! I'd really love to see your work!

Originally posted by kaeyla
                            Mind in mind, our unlooked for bond we can find
                            Are we so very different or are we the same.
                            The Hunger keeps you from me, always far behind
                            Our history, our past, our Kinds' ways both to blame.
                            But are we so different, our bond in soul and mind
                            Love it! Amazing work! I can't wait for season 3 *dances

Comment

I wholeheartedly agree with you guys. Except, I thought Micheal related to Teyla better because Teyla is part Wraith and has that telepathic ability. I am looking forward to further Micheal /teyla interaction.
                              Proud member of F.O.R.D.

Thanks *E*K*R*!

Comment

Working...
                              X