This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vala Treated Like An Outsider?

Will Vala Be treated like an outsider when she joins SG-1? More so than Jonas because she forced herself upon them for 6 eps?
    MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
    I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

She is an outsider. While i quite enjoyed the character, i don't feel she would fit into the whole dynamic of the SG1 team. I hope they rip on her.

I guess by this post and your sig, you are no longer spoiler free? I didn't even know Vala was going to join SG1
    An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

If there is a God, she'll be killed in the first 10 min of the Season 10 Premiere.

Comment

I doubt that Vala will step back and miss out on the action. She'll probably invove herself in the team. But then again, we'll have to wait til July for the answer.
        * Always remember - You are unique, just like everyone else. *

* Avoid employing unlucky people, throw half of the CVs in the bin without reading them. *

Lost City, Part 2 - The Gateworld best ep S1-7

The 'Everyone Gets A Compliment' Thread

Comment

She better be. They treated Jonas like crap. Vala is a theive that can't be trusted and is only in it for her. She might have changed, but in the eye's of others it takes more then someone just changing to trust, it takes time.
          *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
          *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
          *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
          *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
          *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
          *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
          *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by da_hippie
            I doubt that Vala will step back and miss out on the action. She'll probably invove herself in the team. But then again, we'll have to wait til July for the answer.
            Actually I don't think she'll become a *member* of SG-1, she'll definitely be cooperating with them or maybe them with her helping her to solve her problems, but in the meantime I suppose and hope to see Vala's own adventures and her fighting her own demons from the past. It's gonna be really interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by npattis
              If there is a God, she'll be killed in the first 10 min of the Season 10 Premiere.

you'll find there is none.

of course she'll be treated as an outsider. people of middle eastern origin are treated as an outsider by the US.

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2

of course she'll be treated as an outsider. people of middle eastern origin are treated as an outsider by the US.

Two things
                <mod snip>

2) People here don't like Vala, not because of Claudia Black, because of the way her character acts. Everyone would hate her if she was a white caucasion acting like the way she does now. If your observations were true, then no one would want Teal'C, which is completely untrue. So please leave until you get some maturity.
                Last edited by Skydiver; 25 February 2006, 06:51 PM.

Comment

it wouldn't be an intresting story line if she was just welcomed with open arms. She is not joining SG-1, she is joining the show.

no comment on the atheist.
                  Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

so much hate....scary .

Comment

And here I thought she was white with an acsent. She can come party at my table anytime she wants to. I just don't realy want to see her as a regular on SG-1 that's all. but you know TPTB, they have a way of us liking anything they do.
                      *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                      *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                      *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                      *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                      *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                      *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Vala is from the ME? I think you're mistaken. She's from Australia.
                        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by npattis
                          Two things
                          <mod snip>

2) People here don't like Vala, not because of Claudia Black, because of the way her character acts. Everyone would hate her if she was a white caucasion acting like the way she does now. If your observations were true, then no one would want Teal'C, which is completely untrue. So please leave until you get some maturity.
                          Two Things :

1) Ignore trolls.
                          2) CB is an Australian born in Sydney so I'm not sure what you are both going on about.
                          Last edited by Skydiver; 25 February 2006, 06:52 PM.
                          -

Comment

Yep Vala will probably be treated as an outsider at first, based on how they have written the character so far there is no way she could just return and be part of "the family". We'll just have to wait and see how she is integrated into the show next season.

Personally I have reservations about the character joining for season 10. Whilst I enjoyed the Daniel and Vala Show, oops I mean the first 5 episodes, I didn't consider it Stargate SG-1. I don't think the character of Vala as written so far really has a place on Stargate. However, to be fair, on two occasions TPTB did show glimpses of a deeper character. So if they somehow make the character not so two dimensional, Vala could very well fit in. We just have to wait and see.

I have enjoyed Claudia Black's work in the past and so I'm hoping they give her something good to work with (but I won't hold my breath!).
                            -

Comment

Everyone would hate her if she was a white caucasion acting like the way she does now.
                              I wouldn't and that sentence doesn't make sense, she is a white caucasion isnt she?

Comment

Working...
                              X