• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redemption, Part 1 (601)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON SIX
    EPISODE NUMBER - 601

Tragedy reunites Teal'c with his son, who blames him for the death of his mother. O'Neill and Carter launch a risky plan with untested technology when Earth comes under attack by the Goa'uld.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 11:55 PM.

Redemption. Rocks.

Now this was one of the best episodes/arcs of Stargate history.

Nice to see the return of SIMMY!!!!!!!!!! <swoon> and also Ryac.

It was just a great opener. And David Hewlett was a major bonus!

This and Within the Serpents Grasp are amongst the best of Stargate.
    ------
    Shelby aka JessMerrick

Comment

Great season opener. Was wondering where Drey'auc (?) had gotten to. Shame she had to die though....

Loving the X-302 as well. Shame it doesn't feature more often.
      "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Because its always broken, haha... Well not 'broken', but not working how they want it to work, ahh, nvm, you know what i mean. I was touched when we saw the sad look on Teal'c's face
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Redemption 1+2 rocks, the McCay and Carter thing was great,the X302 was great,and i will agree with an earlyer post by Jennifier, this and "within the sepents grasp is by far some of the best work MGM have done,hope season eight lives up to this"LETS KEEP ARE FINGERS CROSSED" Its a strange thing us Humans do for luck (lol)
          "Silence"Kneel before your God
          Apophis is the english Translation for "APEPI" Serpent god of the night

Comment

From what i've read, imo, the premiere(S8) looks interesting to me
            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Good bonding between McKay and Carter. And the rise of Anubis
              __

__

Comment

I remember watching the episode for the first time (without big spoilers) and thinking "Boring, we already covered that in Serpent's song". Still, it's one of my most-watched episodes of S6 (that's what you get for having Revelations - Redemption1 - Redemption2 - Decent on tape in that order )

I loved to see McKay back, didn't have any poblems with Jonas because by the time I watched it I knew MS would be returning for S7, and (talking about Pt 2 here) I would have never guessed the solution to how to stop the gate from blowing up Earth (although I have heard that even twelve-year olds could come up with the solution )
                No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Did Anubis build that device with his Ancient knowledge or did the Ancients already build it.

Comment

It was an ancient device so I'm guessing the ancients built it and Anubis just located it and used it against us
                    __

__

Comment

I guess after it was destroyed it was possible for him to rebuild the device with his Ancient knowledge.

Comment

There was a great scene where ry'ac was beating teal'c.

Comment

I noticed Anubis' hologram was as tall as the stargate, but Anubis himself is only about as tall as Daniel. I think he has issues with his height.

Comment

Originally posted by Lugal
                            I noticed Anubis' hologram was as tall as the stargate, but Anubis himself is only about as tall as Daniel. I think he has issues with his height.
                            He does. He thinks he above everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Lugal
                              Originally posted by greytop
                              He does. He thinks he above everyone else.
                              It's probably projected larger as it goes through, although I haven't a clue why!

*I am above everyone else! *
                              __

__

Comment

Working...
                              X