Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do VS fail before release, and after?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do VS fail before release, and after?

As the days have gone by many VS have dropped of the map. The cancled series section of SGU has at least three of them, and there are probably many more. Now I am on Genesis, and I can tell you there is no way we are going to cancel since we have a ton of stuff already done, and are nearing release, but what does Horizon, Destiny, and Genesis have that the ones who failed don't? I really don't know, but maybe some of you can shed some light on it.
    Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Decent stories.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Though Atlas had a decent story.

Comment

Planning, organization, drive, and ability. Anybody can have a "good" idea (had a VS idea myself, until I realized everyone and their dog was goign it), but the ability to execute it, and the stamina to sustain it, is hard to come by.

a time to mourn

Comment

they are a lot of work and people get bored and tied up with real life and they just lose interest

very few VS ever make it to completion
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well I guess, but the people at genesis are dedicated, and it looks good for colleges.

Comment

I think a lot of people dont realize how much it takes to write even one script.
              ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Wait what it takes work to write a script?

Comment

They fail because they are something of a fad at the moment. People see the successful ones and think 'omg, I would be cool if I did one too!' and not stopping to think how much work actually goes into one. Then when it becomes apparent just how much work is needed, they give up.

Personally, I think if you have a good idea for story, just write a fanfic. That way you can still publish your story without having to worry about all the extra stuff that a vs entails.

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
                    I think a lot of people dont realize how much it takes to write even one script.
                    oh yeah. it's like cranking out a 50 page fic on a regular basis.

ain't as easy as it sounds.

that's a lot of writing, and in a virtual season you have to consider that several folks are involved and then you have all thier real lives that may or may not getin the way
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It is not exactly 50 pages. Screenplay format changes it alot. I would say maybe 20 pages at most of reall solid text. Though it also depends on the script you have too.

Comment

Way more then that trust me. Both of my scripts so far have been a little description heavy. In fact one of the scene openings in "lost but not forgotten" goes for almost half a page.

Comment

Which i think is okay at the beginning of a script.
                          ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by captainpash
                            Though Atlas had a decent story.
                            Thanks

In my case I took on too much (four series, wtf was I on?) but I kept Atlas and had plenty of it done (3/4 of the season on 1st draft) then came the virus and I lost 90% of the work I had done, but I tried again and got to a good point, but in the end it was far too much still, I had too much to do and so it was passed onto other writers and I left.

The workload is huge, 50 pages of script and description is not easy. Hyperion was dropped because Terminus had some personal issues to sort out (i think) Legacy (EAG, that was yurs right?) was having a number of problems over a long time, and Czech Quest, while not dropped has all but vanished, is also a one man job (again I think) what others are there that dont seem to be doing much? er... Icarus, well, Phil tells us that it will premier soon, but we have no info on it really. I do have high hopes for Frontier though.
                            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I've never been able to keep going with any stories I've written. I've got over 25 WIPs, so I don't really think my VS had any chance!

I released one episode, and I've written half of the second episode, but I just don't have enough time. I'd rather have a decent website than a VS.

I'll be keeping the page for mines up though...I'll just go at my own pace for my own enjoyment.
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                              X