X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Idea for a fic

Hello fellow writers!

I'm new to Stargate fic, but has written some Star Trek fics. Anyway, I posted this over in GenGate, and thought maybe you guys would give me some feedback on the idea:

[It is] a short anthology series following the lives of a family of Ancients from the time of co-inhabitance with the Ori to their ascension after they come back from Atlantis.

Every, say, 5 episodes will detail a generation, showing what happened to them. Major stuff would be featured, such as:

Ori Civil War (maybe one of the family member becomes a soldier or something)

Journey through the void to the Milky Way (It'll kinda be like BSG, with a rag tag band of ships heading for a new home)

Arrival in Milky Way, building of their Empire, Stargate distribution (one of the family members is in charge of the Stargate Program?)

First Contact with the Asgards/Furlings/Nox, beginning of the Great Alliance (This could be placed pretty much anywhere I think).

The beginning of the end, the plague starts up. The family we follows since the beginning starts to show strains. One group wants to stay behind and start work on a device that would "restart life", while the other group wants to leave the galaxy on a city ship that they would build.

Eventually, we see that half of the family goes into one group, and the other half the other. Who knows, maybe that man who walked away from Ayana in Rising was her brother that decided to leave instead of staying behind to work on the Dakara weapon...

We then chronicle the fates of the 2 branches of the Ancients, one living happily and colonizing worlds in the Pegasus galaxy, while the other struggle through the aftermaths of the Plague.

A pivotal episode(s) near the end of the series would detail the first Ascension of the Ancients, which I believe happened in the Milky Way. We can maybe then see the start of the rise of the Goa'uld.

In Pegasus the Wraiths are discoverd, and a war is fought. After 100 years, the last of the family we followed from the beginning, maybe Melia and Janus, who are distantly related, decides to leave Atlantis after being under Siege for so long.

In the last few episodes before the series finale, we follow the last of the great Ancient family, as their crazy uncle Myrrdin follows around a certain King Arthur, or Janus traveling back and forth through time (ooo, a clip show?) or perhaps we see the Great Alliance around this time, I don't know.

The last episode will feature the last bunch of the Ancients ascending, and leaving this galaxy and the Pegasus galaxy behind. The last scene might feature the Stargate on Earth being found by an Archeologist in Giza, bringing things full circle.
    What do you guys think? Been done? Should've posted this in "Fic Help"?

Originally posted by PG15
    What do you guys think? Been done? Should've posted this in "Fic Help"?
    Wow! I've nver seen anybody attempt this before. That's quite a project! If you feel you're up to the challenge, then go for it! It sounds like fun!

Good luck!

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
      Wow! I've nver seen anybody attempt this before. That's quite a project! If you feel you're up to the challenge, then go for it! It sounds like fun!

Good luck!

I haven't either, but then again I don't have that much of a talent to that extent in writting

Comment

Working...
      X