This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daedalus vs. Galactica

Ok, food fight. Who do you all think would win and why?

Daedalus would own. Galactica has no shields. Daedalus' rail guns would rip right through Galactica's hull. Plus Daedalus could just beam a nuke on board.

Comment

EXACTLY, and if the galatica managed to do any damage the deady could just hyperspace away, (the galatica would FTL away.. but the Deady could find it within a few minutes!) and they hyperspace back, or to were ever the galatica went, and just continue to bombard it,...

hehe, would probally be a funny episode if it ever happend... lol
      Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
      (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

Hmmm Galactica doesn't have shield but her hull is heavily armored and re-enforced so I think it would hold up about as well as Daedalus' shielded hull. Daedalus rail guns suck while Galacticas batteries are awesome and if she has main guns like we saw on Pegasus last week she would tear through Daedalus no problem. Vipers would absolutely own the F-302's plus Galactica has more of them (Galactica has at least 34, although it could be more now that she has be resupplied and re-eqipted from Pegasus, Where as Daedalus only has 18). The biggest single advantage Daedalus has over Galactica is the beaming a nuke over which would take out Galactica right away, but come on, that is such a cop out I hate it every time they use it.

Comment

Originally posted by ancientaction
          hehe, would probally be a funny episode if it ever happend... lol
          This reminds me of that SciFi Lowdown episode. Somebody wrote in and said they'd like to see a fight between a basestar and raiders and a hive ship and darts. And Rachel Luttrell was like "Sounds cool...Never gonna happen."

Comment

Daedalus would win. Hands down !
            Lord Zedd

Comment

uhmm you all are crazy... if the daedalus couldnt beam a nuke aboard galactica at all lets pretend it never had that abilitie galactica would tear daedalus to sheads. galactica has taken direct nukes to its hull and was fine. take a look at the pegasus it took 2 nukes to its side and was still fighting. nothing the daedalus has would take out galactica regardless of the fact that once galactica starts its supression barrage nothing the daedalus throws at it will get close enough to detonate near it.... granted the daedalus appears to be more manuvarable and could just fly around the supression barrage maybe galactica is still full of alot better more powerful armorments then daedalus... and if you sit here and argue about daedalus having shields all I have to say is a few minutes of getting Salvo fire from galacticas main turrets or even the suppression fire i think would drain the shields rather quickly. ill take galacticas supression fire any day over daedalus railguns.

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

yea, but in batlestar galatica (as a series in itself), they don't have naquadah/naquardia enhanced nukes!!!!!!!!!!.

im sure galatica would not hold up to that.
                Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
                (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by tony
                  uhmm you all are crazy... if the daedalus couldnt beam a nuke aboard galactica at all lets pretend it never had that abilitie galactica would tear daedalus to sheads. galactica has taken direct nukes to its hull and was fine. take a look at the pegasus it took 2 nukes to its side and was still fighting. nothing the daedalus has would take out galactica regardless of the fact that once galactica starts its supression barrage nothing the daedalus throws at it will get close enough to detonate near it.... granted the daedalus appears to be more manuvarable and could just fly around the supression barrage maybe galactica is still full of alot better more powerful armorments then daedalus... and if you sit here and argue about daedalus having shields all I have to say is a few minutes of getting Salvo fire from galacticas main turrets or even the suppression fire i think would drain the shields rather quickly. ill take galacticas supression fire any day over daedalus railguns.
                  Even without the nuke beaming, the Daed would still own with it's railguns. The railguns launch much higher velocity than missiles allowing them to punch right through hull plating.

Comment

the daedalus would win big time. The weapons are much more advanced than galaticas and galatica wouldnt hold on for that long.
                    sigpic
                    Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by ancientaction
                      yea, but in batlestar galatica (as a series in itself), they don't have naquadah/naquardia enhanced nukes!!!!!!!!!!.

im sure galatica would not hold up to that.
                      A good point. The nukes the Cylons use against Galactica for the most part are the regular small ones, like 10 kilotons. Naquadah-enhanced can punch over 1 gigaton.

Comment

Im not sure man I mean think of this in the stargate universe the Daedalus was designed with the thinking of its primary defence being its shields... granted it can take hits from wraith hive ships with its shields down but it was designed with the perpose of depending on its shields as a primary defense. Galactica battle stars in general dont know what a shield is... they where designed for the perpose of taking a freaking BEATING, when i say beating i mean a FRAKING SMACK DOWN BEATING Teeth to the curb beating..... it defense is dependent on its suppression barrage, and its THICK heavy armor all around it.

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
                          Even without the nuke beaming, the Daed would still own with it's railguns. The railguns launch much higher velocity than missiles allowing them to punch right through hull plating.
                          Its not just hull plating, its is series armor plating on top of the hull itself. The hull can take direct hits from nukes and isn't even dented, the rail guns on Deadalus arent even going make a mark.

Comment

Originally posted by tony
                            Im not sure man I mean think of this in the stargate universe the Daedalus was designed with the thinking of its primary defence being its shields... granted it can take hits from wraith hive ships with its shields down but it was designed with the perpose of depending on its shields as a primary defense. Galactica battle stars in general dont know what a shield is... they where designed for the perpose of taking a freaking BEATING, when i say beating i mean a FRAKING SMACK DOWN BEATING Teeth to the curb beating..... it defense is dependent on its suppression barrage, and its THICK heavy armor all around it.
                            We also don't know what Galactica's hull is made of. But we do know that the hull of Daedalus has both naquadah and trinium, some pretty tough stuff, even without shields.

Comment

Gallactica sucks compared to the Deady, it would loose, big time. Yes the weapon fire is better, but the Daedy has Asgard shields, they wouldnt even touch the hull. The Railguns might not do much to Gallactica's hull, but a naquada bomb would take it out, if not then we always have a Mark IX and beaming tech. Vipers couldnt handle F-302's, the 302 is more mobile, though the viper pilots are probably much more able than F-302 pilots (Starbuck would likely be able to beat Cam) the pilot would be beaten by the 302's massively superior speed, and if theres trouble, hyperspace jump, problem solved.
                              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Working...
                              X