favorite startrek line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have two:

"So I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. And the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again? I would."
    Sisko from In The Pale Moonlight

and of course...

Comment

"Target that explosion and fire."
      Shel pac herac Apophis!

Comment

Another one of my favorites is in the end of (I think) "Elementary, Dear Data." Having been stuck in a Dixon Hill holoprogram for the entire ep, about half the main cast, including Picard, shows up on the bridge in their 1940's costumes. And instead of his usual "Engage" with the aforementioned little wrist flip, Picard tilts his hat down and says to Data, "Step on it."

There's also one in DS9's "Emissary" that really seems like a throwaway line: near the end, I believe, a crewman is down, bleeding from an artery and Bashir says to someone (Kira? I don't really remember), "Press here. Hard." It's really the delivery that makes that line, though. Previously, all Bashir's done is flirt with Dax and make a fool of himself in front of Kira. But this little scene, the intensity of his voice and body language, gives us a hint of the man he'll eventually develop into as the series progresses.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

my favorte quote, is in one of the Next Gen. movies. i forget which one, i think it was the first one, when the mad scientis wants to blow up stars so he can catch the ribon.

as the ship is going down and about to crash on the plannet
          DATA: " OH SH*T"

and, i think it was another movie.
          DATA (singing) "life forms, tiny little life forms..."
          Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
          (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

the first one was from generations which was the 7th movie
            sigpic
            Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

I can't remember the build up to it, but when O'Brien said 'Bo**ocks' during a DS9 ep, I was a bit gobsmacked lol
              err, whoooooo?

Comment

YOU GUYS ARE ALL N00BS... Sorry to be so blunt but its true. The best line in Star Trek by FAR is this... I'm almost depressed that no one saw it.

(Bashir tells the story of the boy who cried "Wolf")
                Bashir: If you lie all the time, no one is going to believe you, even when you're telling the truth.
                Garak: Are you sure that's the point, Doctor?
                Bashir: Of course. What else would it be?
                Garak: That you should never tell the same lie twice.

Can't believe this thread had to get to the second page before someone put that. Damn.

Comment

well everyone looks like we've been served.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
                    well everyone looks like we've been served.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...CLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
                    ROFL RESPEC' is due
                    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

It's been far too long since I've seen an ep of DS9... *curses RL*

Kilharae, yours reminded me of a line at the end of a fanfic I read a couple of years ago that I think deserves mention here. A bunch of new recruits to DS9 (after the Dominion War) are having drinks at Quark's, and they notice Bashir on the other side of the room. He overhears them talking about him – they're kind of in awe of him, and he's amused by some of the more romantic rumors. Finally, one of them gets up the nerve to ask him if he really was a spy during the war. He thinks briefly of Garak, and responds, "Now, where did you hear that? I'm just a plain, simple doctor."

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                        From the great ST movie: First Contact
                        Lily Sloane (Zefram's assistant), after being beamed up to the Enterprise, Picard finds her crawling through the Jefferies tubes after the Borg have taken control of most of the Enterprise. Picard is leading her through the Enterprise trying to avoid the Borg......
                        Picard .... Good, they have'nt broken through the Enterprises encryption codes yet.
                        Lily .... Who?, those Bionic Zombies you told me about?.
                        Picard .... Yes, they are called the Borg.
                        Lily .... The Borg?, they sound Swedish.
                        Then later when Lily finally sees a Borg in person, she gasp's in horror and say's..... "Definetly NOT Swedish!"
                        First Contact besides being a great movie!, had alot of comic relief all the way through it.
                        LOLOL, I had forgotten just how many great lines there are from the movie "First Contact".

I pulled it out of the DVD collection last night and watched it with the wife, I don't think we laughed that hard in awhile. I loved the scene in the bar on Earth when Deanna gets drunk with Zefram to try and get him to talk...lololol....priceless.

Lily (Zeframs assistant) was such a great character!, after rewatching "First Contact" I could'nt get enough of her.

Comment

we don't have time to talk about time, we don't have the time.
                          Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
                          (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

My favorite Trek quote is from the very worst Trek movie, Final Frontier. It is my favorite because of personal connections. I spent a lot of my young adulthood being exploited by cultish people, who like Spock's brother, would offer to relieve me of my pain, in exchange for taking over my life and telling me what to do for the rest of it. In one of the only good scenes in the movie, Spock's brother is showing Spock and McCoy painful moments and they are yielding to his "compassion" and control. He turns to Kirk amd Kirk basically tells him to forget it and says:

"No.... Did I make the wrong choices in my life? Did I turn left when I should have turned right? I don't need to have this con man take my pain away. I need my pain. We need our pain. It makes us who we are! "

Which just goes to show that even in bad trek, there are good things to glean.......

Comment

OK, I'm back with yet another one.

Data in Nemesis: "I will always be perplexed by the human predilection for piloting vehicles at unsafe velocities."

Comment

I always liked this little bit from Wrath of Khan (mostly because of the delivery):

Saavik: You lied.
                                Spock: I exaggerated.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Working...
                                X