Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Memoriam: Sana (a.k.a. Whistler84) – A Mission for the Entire GateWorld Community

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Memoriam: Sana (a.k.a. Whistler84) – A Mission for the Entire GateWorld Community

I'm afraid I'm the bearer of sad news. One of our own, Whistler84, passed away last night. Her real name was Sana.

One of her close friends left this message in a thread Sana frequented:
    Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
    Guys, anyone who's reading this, the most important thing to Whistler was that we all get along with each other regardless of our ideas or beliefs. I am begging all of you, from the bottom of my heart, can we please make this our goal? Can we do this for Whistler and what she stood for? She was so kind, so patient, so dedicated to her friends...it would mean more to me than anything if we can really try to make her goals of respect and kindness a reality.
    Please – let's all make this our mission. Let's not forget her.

Let her live on.
    Last edited by CeeKay Sheppard; 21 February 2006, 07:11 PM.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

My deepest sympathies to Sana and her family and friends.

Sad news indeed.

May her spirit soar and her impact on all the lives she has touched be a lasting one.

Comment

Thanks for the Memoriam, Ceekay.

She was a voice of reason, and always respectful of others. That to have known her through her postings was a pleasure.

Definitely something we should strive for...

R.I.P Wraithlord
      Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Whistler will be sorely, sorely missed. Please, let's make this a reality. For her.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Wish I knew Sana more! But I always liked her. I'm so sorry you guys, her friends and family. This is horrible. Let's remember her. It's hard not to!

Comment

I only recently heard she was ill - too young, and too talented. I hope those who have some of her wonderful siggys put them up for all to see.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

sad sad news...she will be missed by all

my deepest sympathies go out to her friends and families
              sigpic

Comment

My best wishes go out to her family and friends.... to those who knew her and were blessed by her work, you have my sympathy.. its tragic for one so gifted to be taken from us, but just remember, she is in a better place and looking down on you all.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this news. To everyone who knew Whistler84 and will miss her, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Madeleine

Comment

I don't think I ever really spoke to Sana, but i'd still like to extend my sympathy to her family and friends.

Such very sad news
                    I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Just wanted to showcase what she made for me to show some appreciation and admiration:

~Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the true warmth. ~

Comment

I slightly feel bad about not knowing about Whistler's health and all, but I haven't been able to post as often as I would like.

I offer my deepest sympathies to Whistler's family and closest friends in this terriable time.

I didn't know her that well, I knew she was a regular poster here who often posteed great insights into events that occured in episodes and also posted alot of interesting ideas regarding Teyla etc.

From my conversations with her on the forum, I could tell she was a kind and and funny person, who was enjoying spending time with other fans of the greatest Sci-fi show around.

It will be wierd not seeing any posts made on here by her, and her presence will be sorely missed. I intended to post a message over at the Scifi world board where hopefully Rachel Luttrell (if Gillies can get her to answer questions on the board) will learn of this news and possibly send her own mesasage to Whistler's family.

Again, I offer my deepest condoncles to Whistler's family and friends.

Whistler will always be remembered.

Comment

I feel for her friends and families, I know what it is like to loose someone close. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

I don't know if I should post here, since I don't really know Whistler at all, only through the few sigs that I've seen so far...

But I feel as one Gater to another I should send my sympathies to her friends and family... (I hope that sounds right )

Rest in peace, Whistler!
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'm sorry to say that I never really knew whistler at all, but I always loved reading her posts.

My deepest sympathies go out to her family and friends.
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                              X