This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A goa'uld hand device

I don't know if this has been done before, but does anyonw know how powerful these hand devices are? We've seen Carter use them at the ground and there was a nice explosion. They are also effective when "throwing" people accross the room.

So, here goes. Let's say I'm crossing some street and I have a goa'uld hand device. How effective would it be to stop a car coming at me? It probably would only damage the car, but would be enough to save me? Or how about the personal shield, would that work if the car would go fast enough for the shield to try to stop it?

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

The hand device would very likely stop the car dead and do a lot of damage to it. The personal shield works in proportion to the kinetic energy of the opject aimed at it, so i would say in the case of a car, which would likely be in the region of 30-70 mph i would guess that it would break through the shield, but only if it was in that region of speed, anything more and it would likely stop.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBaron
      I don't know if this has been done before, but does anyonw know how powerful these hand devices are? We've seen Carter use them at the ground and there was a nice explosion. They are also effective when "throwing" people accross the room.

So, here goes. Let's say I'm crossing some street and I have a goa'uld hand device. How effective would it be to stop a car coming at me? It probably would only damage the car, but would be enough to save me? Or how about the personal shield, would that work if the car would go fast enough for the shield to try to stop it?

Tell you what, get the props from the set, and I'll come at you 100 mph with my car. Perfect

Comment

Originally posted by npattis
        Tell you what, get the props from the set, and I'll come at you 100 mph with my car. Perfect
        What??? The props wouldn't work?! Second, why the hell are you doing/going 100 mph with yo car? I usually go fast, but I'm usually going 80-90 mph on a major highway (I-10, I-95, I-4)...what you doing 100 for? And on a four lane road I'll go sixty...

Though that's completely off-topic...
        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Hahah no hard feelings man, all in good fun and sarcasm.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
            The hand device would very likely stop the car dead and do a lot of damage to it. The personal shield works in proportion to the kinetic energy of the opject aimed at it, so i would say in the case of a car, which would likely be in the region of 30-70 mph i would guess that it would break through the shield, but only if it was in that region of speed, anything more and it would likely stop.

I agree, the car would be damaged by a hand device.

Comment

Indeed.
              The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Live life for what you have and those you love.

Comment

Have we ever seen them dual wielded?
                Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                Caboose: They could be worse?
                Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

I personally wonder what they are powered by because they never seem to run out of power. Is it the naquadah in their blood?

Comment

they are probably powered by a liquid naquada power cell and if u noticed in ''enemies'' apophis had solved the problem of the sheild only stops fast moving things so the car would be stopped...YES HE DID SOLVE IT!!! there were replicators scrambling over it so he had!!
                    tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
                    yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
                    Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RA the sun god
                      they are probably powered by a liquid naquada power cell and if u noticed in ''enemies'' apophis had solved the problem of the sheild only stops fast moving things so the car would be stopped...YES HE DID SOLVE IT!!! there were replicators scrambling over it so he had!!
                      Hmm maybe but I thought liquid naquadah power cells were larger than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy
                        Hmm maybe but I thought liquid naquadah power cells were larger than that.
                        The ones in jaffa staff weapons are probably the low end versions.

To trace a parallel with current technology, 3 ghz cpus are roughly the same size as 2 ghz cpus, while one is better than the other.

Maybe they give jaffa the cheap stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Frunk
                          The ones in jaffa staff weapons are probably the low end versions.

To trace a parallel with current technology, 3 ghz cpus are roughly the same size as 2 ghz cpus, while one is better than the other.

Maybe they give jaffa the cheap stuff.
                          hmm you could be right but I always assumed that it had something to do with the naquadah in their blood you know like it used that as a source for power.

Comment

I wonder if you could stop or Something like that would be great to put in a FPS.
                            Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                            The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                            I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                            A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                            That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                            Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                            Caboose: They could be worse?
                            Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                            X