This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG-A Opening Sequence

Yes, I'm going to use SG-A as the abbreviation for Atlantis until something becomes more official. I think it fits well with SG-1.

Anyway, does anyone else think that the music in the backround of the commercials promoting the premiere episode of SG-A (Rising) will be the same music (but more complete) used in the opening sequence of Atlantis? If you taped it, try to go back and listen to it again. I'm thinking that it probably is, and if I'm right, then I might like this opening even better than SG-1!!!
    There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

I'm not sure which promo you're talking about but the promos at http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/downloads/video/ don't have wonderful music, just tends to be a drum beat and a little tune, nothing worthy of the SG-1 theme, I still can't wait to see what the them is like though.

Comment

The promos on Sci-Fi leading up to Rising. They were on like every commercial break in SG-1 season 8 premiere, etc... Someone has to have seen it.
      There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

I think the music might be from that one scene. In the beginning where "Stargate Atlantis" is shown and you see the helicopter. It starts off with Daniel talking and then a little tune starts and it builds up. It plays throughout when they show the helicopter flying. That might be it.
        "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Originally posted by Markey2
          I'm not sure which promo you're talking about but the promos at http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/downloads/video/
          Nope, that's not them. Come on guys, you know, the one with Sumner yelling "OK lets move people", and Weir saying "we may never be able to return home", then Daniel saying "what we've been looking for may be farther away than we ever imagined, but it's not out of reach", then lemon-chicken-man (i forgot his name) saying "so the legend of Atlantis is true", then we see the city rising, and wraith ships blowing up... I remember this very clearly (if you haven't figured that out already). I know it exists. Please, someone help me out here...

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoBoY
            I think the music might be from that one scene. In the beginning where "Stargate Atlantis" is shown and you see the helicopter. It starts off with Daniel talking and then a little tune starts and it builds up. It plays throughout when they show the helicopter flying. That might be it.
            It was definitely better than that. If that's what they use, I might never watch Atlantis again...

Comment

Oh I remember that trailer now, I just can't remember the tune!

lemon-chicken-man, that's great. It's Rodney Mckay by the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Markey2
                Oh I remember that trailer now, I just can't remember the tune!

lemon-chicken-man, that's great. It's Rodney Mckay by the way!
                Yes, that's him! (thanks!)
                But the tune for that trailer was awesome! And I also noticed the exact same tune being played immediately after the show faded to a commercial break and the Sci-Fi voice started talking about a commercial sponsor for a few seconds...

Comment

The theme for Atlantis was played in the first scene in "Rising, Pt. 1" when you see Sheppard's helicopter flying over the Antarctic ice sheet. I love the theme! I downloaded it as soon as I could find it.
                  Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

We'll find out what the premanent actual opening theme music and visuals are in, umm, less than 10 hours
                    WHOOOHOOO.
                    What was the end credit music like for the premier, that might be a clue too.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                      The theme for Atlantis was played in the first scene in "Rising, Pt. 1" when you see Sheppard's helicopter flying over the Antarctic ice sheet. I love the theme! I downloaded it as soon as I could find it.
                      I don't know... maybe I just need to go watch that scene again. But I don't remember any music in that episode quite worthy to match the SG-1 theme (maybe it's just me). If that was the theme, perhaps it was just a quieter version? I'm still betting on my original idea, b/c I assume that TPTB were intentionally holding out on the opening just so that the rest of the season seem better, and b/c they didn't want to give away any cool scenes/special effects. Well, either way, we'll know in approx. 6.5 hours!

Comment

If this is highly illegal, please tell me and i'll remove it, but i have a clip of the opening at my website. you can get it here:

it's a little big (35mb) , but it's a nice quality mpg. It's zipped.

http://shmoonet.com/opening.zip

Smaller size (7mb):

http://shmoonet.com/opening2.zip

Comment

Originally posted by dpgiffin
                          If this is highly illegal, please tell me and i'll remove it, but i have a clip of the opening at my website. you can get it here:

it's a little big (35mb) , but it's a nice quality mpg. It's zipped.

http://shmoonet.com/opening.zip

Smaller size (7mb):

http://shmoonet.com/opening2.zip
                          I'm not sure if it is, but thanks for posting But i think thats only a temp. opening.
                          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I think it may be, but uncertain. I know certain things are
                            __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                              The theme for Atlantis was played in the first scene in "Rising, Pt. 1" when you see Sheppard's helicopter flying over the Antarctic ice sheet.
                              Yeah thats what I was talking about! It starts with Daniel talking then it leads to that. I like it. I think its nice.

We'll see in about 5 hours!
                              "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Working...
                              X