X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Human Power Generators

Ok, quick question/discussion here...

I have read that the Prometheus used the naquadria generator (i know thats spelled wrong). Though on Atlantis and in other places as well, I've read that we're using Nacquadah generators (also spelled wrong).

I realize that we don't have a lot of the naquadria, so is it substantially better? I think the answer to this is yes, due to the episode involving jonas's homeworld. So, if so, do you think there will be or have there been any attempts to salvage the remains of the prometheus in hopes of retrieving this?

If this isn't possible, think there will be a continued effort of getting more of these.

Last I heard we were working with the kelownans, and seeing as we helped save their world, what, twice now? I'd think that they would be happy to share at least limited amounts of naquadriah with us.

also, nice sig
    sigpic
    Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
    "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Naquadria is inherantly unstable, meaning that the more power you try to draw from it, the more likely it is to explode. The SGC finally figured that out.
      The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Live life for what you have and those you love.

Comment

Ever since the episode Memento it's been pretty hazy what they use to generate power on the Prometheus as well as the ships that came after it. In that episode they jettisoned the Naquadria reactor, and we never heard what they replaced it with.

I'm guessing they replaced it with another Naquadria reactor/Buffer system, at least until Thor upgraded the hyperdrive. After that, nobody knows.
        And since the
        Spoiler:
        Prometheus was destroyed
        , I guess we'll never know.
        Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by SethP
          Ok, quick question/discussion here...

I have read that the Prometheus used the naquadria generator (i know thats spelled wrong). Though on Atlantis and in other places as well, I've read that we're using Nacquadah generators (also spelled wrong).

I realize that we don't have a lot of the naquadria, so is it substantially better? I think the answer to this is yes, due to the episode involving jonas's homeworld. So, if so, do you think there will be or have there been any attempts to salvage the remains of the prometheus in hopes of retrieving this?

If this isn't possible, think there will be a continued effort of getting more of these.
          now that we have access to other forms of propulsion (asgard hyperdrive), the extra and yet unstable boost of naquadria might not be needed anymore.

p.s.
          Spoiler:
          Is your sig from an episode yet to come, or is it just artistic?
          EDIT: after looking at it properly it is artisticly done, never mind, was hoping it was real lol!

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

thanks alaskan, I made it in photoshop. I found some of those pics of the daedalus from some wallpapers that other fans put together and added 2 asgard o'neil class ships in the background, sure you noticed them as well.

Though those 2 ships are supposed to represent
            spoiler in white below:
            The odyssey and the daedalus.

Not really sure what they're doing, since it isnt a real screen cap. Maybe they're going to tag team some ori with help from the Asgard.

Comment

Perhaps a naquadriah reactor could power the shields on an Earth ship. It may be enough to give Daedy a better ability to 'radiate the hives'.

Comment

Human power generators, there are 5 that come to mind:

The mark I naquadah reactor - this was a fusion based reactor that the latonens lent us to study, after which we devloped a prototype seen in SG1 in episodes after that, scorched earth being the episode that come to mind.

The I portable naquadah reactor - This is the same reactor but smaller and more compact, they type used to power atlantis up uptil Siege part III

The mark II naquadah rector - This reactor was devloped to be able to create a stable but almost barely controlable overload of a conventional mark I reactor, this overload giving a 600% increase to power output level.

The Mark III/I naquadah/ naquadriah reactor - this power source is IMO what powers the deadalus, promethius and odesey vessel post the episode memento. prior to memento the promethius was powered by another larger Mark I naquadria reactor, with buffereing system to cope with the instabilities. after the explosion, the move back to conventional naquadah based power based moved with the likely hood of the newer vessel sbeing devlopeed with a mark III naquada reactor built in accompniment. This reactor may be a larger buffered version of the Mark II or one based off goauld alkesh designs retrieved from avenger.

The Mark I naquadriah reactor hyperdrive system - power system for the F-302 hyperdrive, powered by naquadriah it is the only power source able to provide the neccisary power to open a hyperspace window in a ship of the 302's size. the output however is highly unstable.

These are the powr generators of the tauri as we can surmise.
                Immhotep
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

The naquadria reactor on Prometheus blew up on its maiden voyage, leaving it stranded with no hyperdrive.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                    Human power generators, there are 5 that come to mind:

The mark I naquadah reactor - this was a fusion based reactor that the latonens lent us to study, after which we devloped a prototype seen in SG1 in episodes after that, scorched earth being the episode that come to mind.

The I portable naquadah reactor - This is the same reactor but smaller and more compact, they type used to power atlantis up uptil Siege part III

The mark II naquadah rector - This reactor was devloped to be able to create a stable but almost barely controlable overload of a conventional mark I reactor, this overload giving a 600% increase to power output level.

The Mark III/I naquadah/ naquadriah reactor - this power source is IMO what powers the deadalus, promethius and odesey vessel post the episode memento. prior to memento the promethius was powered by another larger Mark I naquadria reactor, with buffereing system to cope with the instabilities. after the explosion, the move back to conventional naquadah based power based moved with the likely hood of the newer vessel sbeing devlopeed with a mark III naquada reactor built in accompniment. This reactor may be a larger buffered version of the Mark II or one based off goauld alkesh designs retrieved from avenger.

The Mark I naquadriah reactor hyperdrive system - power system for the F-302 hyperdrive, powered by naquadriah it is the only power source able to provide the neccisary power to open a hyperspace window in a ship of the 302's size. the output however is highly unstable.

These are the powr generators of the tauri as we can surmise.
                    Immhotep
                    Maybe there will be a Mark III naquadria drive (don't forget the Prometheus' first drive would probably be the Mark II). It might be like the one in the original X-302 but with a buffer built using goa'uld/ancient crystal technology.

Comment

Working...
                    X