Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BSG brings up some interesting topics...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSG brings up some interesting topics...

I was quite pleased with this weeks episode in that they bring up some pretty serious points of debate. Whatever your personal feelings over abortion are, the descision of Roslin to make it illegal makes sense. For humanity to survive, they need to procreate, period. Also, one thing that I have been thinking is possibly the fleet starting up compulsary military service or even conscripting children from parents that can't now terminate the pregnancy. The fleet has been training pilots, but you haven't heard them talk about replacing any other military personel. Just some food for thought.
    Time is an illusion... Lunchtime, doubly so.

They have drafted others from the civvie fleet, actually. One of the members of the Cylon Peace movement was from a civilian ship, brought on to replace probably those lost when they had to space part of the flight pod when they got nuked in the miniseries.

Comment

The Pegasus Deck Chief was a civilian drafted into military service. So it's already happened.

As for the abortion issue. They're facing the extinction of the human race. It's alot different a scenerio than the one we face here in America. I'm pro womens right to choose (in fact I think all children between 4-18 should be eradicated, but thats another subject) but if I was facing the extinction of my entire race, I'd probably be pretty easily swayed in the other direction.

Tough times call for tough decisions.
      Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

couldn't have put it better (yeah, all points, including "another subject") lol

Comment

Working...
        X