Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fan Collectives Assimilate on DVD

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/vie...cle/15350.html

Available on March 7, 2006 for the first time is a collection of the best Borg episodes on DVD from CBS DVD and Paramount Pictures Home Entertainment. "Star Trek: Fan Collective – BORG" features the Top 10 fan-favorite episodes that aired over the span of 14 years, chronicling the encounters of three separate starship crews, including those from StarTrek: The Next Generation, Voyager and Enterprise, as they contend with their most feared adversary.

"Star Trek: Fan Collective – Time Travel" chronicles the adventures of the crews from The Original Series, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine and Voyager, as they confront the perils and opportunities stemming from time travel in attempts to change history for the better. Again voted on by visitors to STARTREK.COM, this collection includes the top ten most popular time travel-themed episodes, including "Yesterday's Enterprise," "The City on the Edge of Forever," "Trials and Tribble-ations" and "All Good Things."

More...
    sigpic

I got the Borg Fan Collective DVD in the mail today to review.
    Comes out next week I believe.

The packaging is pretty sharp. no liner notes though.

can't wait to watch all these!

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
      I got the Borg Fan Collective DVD in the mail today to review.
      Comes out next week I believe.

The packaging is pretty sharp. no liner notes though.

can't wait to watch all these!
      It sound pretty cool!
      sigpic

Comment

i can't wait for all the sets to come out. i like the themes that they've got coming out. i like the borg,q, and time travel. wonder if they have anymore sets in the works?
        sigpic

Request signatures/wallpaper here.
        check out everything i've made so far

Comment

I own the whole Star Trek series on DVD, I don't know what people like these collections. I guess if they don't have all the episodes its nice to have, I dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
            I own the whole Star Trek series on DVD, I don't know what people like these collections. I guess if they don't have all the episodes its nice to have, I dunno.
            I only own DS9 on DVD, I can't afford the rest of them (Except the movie DVDs)
            sigpic

Comment

to own TNG & DS9 on DVD = about $2000.

Yeah, I have that kind of money to drop on DVDs.

Comment

Trek is not that good that we should be spending $80 a season to own them. Lower the price to $35 and they would make more money and have more fans...

Comment

the Borg Fan Collective comes out today!!

Here's my review! It was just posted!

Please read it (help the website out!)
                  http://www.dvdfanatic.com/review.php?id=stborg

Comment

i just bought my copy today. its the first epsiodes of any trek that i own on dvd. even if i owned the season sets i'd still pick this up for the packaging. the pictures online don't do it justice. i'm looking forward to the rest of the sets.
                    sigpic

Request signatures/wallpaper here.
                    check out everything i've made so far

Comment

I cant wait to get it!
                      sigpic
                      Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

did anyone read my review?!

just curious.

Comment

I'm guessing here, but I think these are geared more towards the casual fan or fan who was waiting for particular episodes, like the Borg, and then the Q. I won’t be purchasing this since I also own TNG, DS9, and VOY.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
                            to own TNG & DS9 on DVD = about $2000.

Yeah, I have that kind of money to drop on DVDs.
                            Where are you looking for the DVDs? BestBuy? If so, then yeah, it will cost a crap load to own all the series. I went to ebay to find my sets and was pretty lucky. I bought quite a few DS9 sets for $50 with shipping. You just have to keep an eye on ebay and find a seller who has an auction ending at a weird time of the day, sometimes you may get lucky with a buy it now price. Also, if you don't want to buy the sets check out your library. Many libraries nowadays have TV shows on DVD.

Yes, I did read your review. Sorry to hear about the lack of extras, can't believe they included Descent on the set, but happy they put Regeneration on there. Well done.
                            Last edited by HirogenGater; 10 March 2006, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Good review Morbo. I'm glad you emphasized the cost of Star Trek DVDs at the top of your review. It's a ridiculous amount of money to pay out to own the entire Star Trek series. I was going to start a Star Trek DVD collection, but it's still too expensive even at play.com.

I'm not sure about buying Star Trek box sets from Ebay. I've heard of people having problems with individual DVD's in Star Trek box sets. HirogenGater, have you ever had any problems with Star Trek DVDs?
                              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Working...
                              X