No announcement yet.

Coup D'etat (217)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really liked this episode. The only thing that bugged me and seamed a little out of place was the fact that the Genii were not interested in Carson. I mean, he has the gene (weather he likes it or not) and he is the one who invented the gene therapy, so it would make alot of sense to kidnap Carson and force him to use the gene therapy.

Comment

True dat....... But no one loves carson, ecept for us!!

Comment

Pretty good episode but unlike most of you, it seems, I found it a bit dull.

I do like when the Genii are on SGA so that's a plus.

Ronan speaks! Like someone said, however, when he does talk, it's usually about going in guns a blazing and killing all the enemy.

Carson was adorable, as usual.

McKay's military speak and Sheppard's look were priceless. But I like me some more McKay than I got in this episode.

It's good to see Weir around quite a bit. Some episodes she's been virtually absent.

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
          Pretty good episode but unlike most of you, it seems, I found it a bit dull.

I do like when the Genii are on SGA so that's a plus.

Ronan speaks! Like someone said, however, when he does talk, it's usually about going in guns a blazing and killing all the enemy.

Carson was adorable, as usual.

McKay's military speak and Sheppard's look were priceless. But I like me some more McKay than I got in this episode.

It's good to see Weir around quite a bit. Some episodes she's been virtually absent.
          I agree- it was a good episode, but I too found it got a bit dull in places. I do like that Genii character- Ladon was his name? And I was sad when Colm Meaney got killed off.

Comment

Maybe they did not write a scene like this in because of timing, but I would of liked some more info about just what the Genii were doing with Lorne and his men. While there was mention of testing being done, what type of testing was never specified. It's not important, but I love details.

Comment

If I may put in my two cents without a yelling(wopuld be a first time for me)

This episode is my favorite one of all the seasons, mostly the scenes of teyla and Ronon at the villege looking for Deera, the way they did that sideplot wherein that had no idea Sheppard and McKay had gone to get the ZedPM. Teyla's worry seemed to just....radiate from her somehow.
              Spoiler:
              the outfit was one that that caught my eye, I spoke with RL about using a screenshot of it in a Stargate game(as well as a Atlantis fanfic that I'm working on)

all in all, I'd give it 12 out of 10

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Amazing.
                Another episode where they find a ZPM but can't take it or they find out that the ZPM us useless...
                I HATE THIS SITUATIONS!!!!

Comment

I love this episode! So well written, gives much more depth to the Genii as a people and as an enemy of Atlantis. That, and Lorne lived through it. Phew. LOL.

Originally posted by BeautifulScotland View Post
                  I really liked this episode. The only thing that bugged me and seamed a little out of place was the fact that the Genii were not interested in Carson. I mean, he has the gene (weather he likes it or not) and he is the one who invented the gene therapy, so it would make alot of sense to kidnap Carson and force him to use the gene therapy.
                  I would agree with you except that Carson is hardly ever off world, and it isn't like the Genii would be able to have intel on when and where he'd be when he did go to another planet.
                  sigpic
                  Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
                  I'm a 60%er!
                  ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

Originally posted by BeautifulScotland View Post
                    not interested in Carson. I mean, he has the gene (weather he likes it or not) and he is the one who invented the gene therapy, so it would make alot of sense to kidnap Carson and force him to use the gene therapy.
                    I agree it was strange, it's possible they didn't realise that he created the gene therapy

Originally posted by Iawen View Post
                    I love this episode! So well written, gives much more depth to the Genii as a people and as an enemy of Atlantis.

I would agree with you except that Carson is hardly ever off world, and it isn't like the Genii would be able to have intel on when and where he'd be when he did go to another planet.
                    This ep shows the nutty politics and power struggles of the Genii. However I got the impression that it might have been the begining of a real alliance between the Genii and Atlantis.

On the Carson point not knowing when or if he'd be off world wouldn't have stopped them rotating pics and rewards 4 him.
                    Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

Originally posted by Iawen View Post
                      and know whether or not he 1. had the gene 2. created the artificial gene.

Comment

its always a depleted zpm isnt it...

Comment

another good episode IMO. I enjoyed the double crossing by Laden, I thought the acting was strong and again we see the different perspectives between Earth Natives and Pegasus natives.

Sigs by the lovely CSOM, Sonja and from the Tokrafans community on LJ.

Comment

Originally posted by ktebid View Post
                            another good episode IMO. I enjoyed the double crossing by Laden, I thought the acting was strong and again we see the different perspectives between Earth Natives and Pegasus natives.
                            I agree
                            sigpic

Comment

This episode is on Syfy today at 5pm EST

I liked this episode a lot.

Intrigue, double crosses, assasinations, - lots going on in this ep. But in the end it is not power, or who is more clever that wins - it is simple human kindness. To save the lives of many of the Genii who had radiation poisening. This episode showed that goodness and humanity can triumph. Carsen had a profound sense of humanity, one of the most endearing qualities of the character. Add Sheppard in military mode leading a strike team - plus a little whump and you get a good, balanced episode.

Comment

Cool episode, loved the double double crossings, and I'm really happy Cowen's gone.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X