No announcement yet.

Coup D'etat (217)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For reference: Aithine's List of SGA Earth Personnel.
    Originally posted by Quinn Mallory
    I would have expected many more photos then those in the bag but I guess the Genii intelligence hasn't got the chance to figure out all the gene possesser.
    Again, I haven't seen the episode, but I would expect the Genii to know more of the military gene carriers. There may be many scientists who also have the gene, but unless all these people are going off-world and flying jumpers or otherwise using identifiable Ancient tech, the Genii would have no way to know.
    Last edited by Yeade; 01 September 2007, 10:42 AM.
    The fact is I think I am a verb instead of a personal pronoun. A verb is anything that signifies to be, to do, or to suffer. I signify all three.

Comment

Originally posted by caty
      You haven't watched the episode, have you?
      Near the end of the episode now.
      Go SG-1! Go ATLANTIS!
      WOOHOO!

<<Amanda Tapping's the only sweet hunny bunny for me>>

Comment

Well this episode was pretty cool, hopefully the Genii are not going to hinder Atlantis' future efforts and Weir looks totally hot in that new black jacket of hers - of course, of course, good to see the Major alive and well, the entire team and yeah, that's it.

IMO, worths a 7/8
        Go SG-1! Go ATLANTIS!
        WOOHOO!

<<Amanda Tapping's the only sweet hunny bunny for me>>

Comment

Originally posted by LoveYouBaby
          Near the end of the episode now.
          OMG! That guy was pretty cool (and cute)! If he's really dead, then TPTB are gonna hear an earful from the Love Lorne peeps. I miss him already... Is he really dead? And, btw, thanks for the summaries, guys. I'm a spoiler whore.

Oh, and one question for those who saw the ep:

On a scale of 1 to 10, how isolated would you say Team TR were from the others?

I'm not so much a fan of their team being split up into the Sheppard/McKay Comedy Troupe and The Hot Aliens - Are They or Aren't They? Coupling. That's kind of a bummer, imo.

Comment

Lorne's alive! Yet, still doesn't have a first name.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
            Spoiler:

Comment

found a cute recap on Coup.. clickie linkie for funniness...
              http://www.livejournal.com/users/msp...680315#t680315
              OrangeSwirl

My Graphix LJ || scifi_abc

Comment

I cannot believe Elizabeth forgot about Lorne till Sheppard reminded her to send a team to investigate.

I wonder if TPTB ever had an intent to kill Lorne.
                Last edited by GatetheWay; 10 January 2006, 11:15 AM.

Spoiler:

Comment

A great episode that has restored my faith that the SGA writers can construct a n episode with character, compelling plot, action and humor that fits nicely into 42 minutes. Well done.

Nice to see Wier getting a new jacket. Looks much better than the usual uniform and makes her stand out among the other non military types.

Speaking of military types. Did anybody else notice that on of the soldiers in the gateroom had a British flag patch on. I guess the security team on Atlantis is now also multi-national rather than just USAF and Marines.

Comment

Raise your hand if you didn't actually believe Lorne was dead.
                    The bodies were a nice touch by the Genii, though.

Props to Ryan Robbins. He did a good job as Ladon, and I loved the moment where he was just sitting in the middle of the room, eating his fruit.
                    And tossing the knife away! "Feel safer now?" Great moment.

There was a battle of the bad-asses between Cowan and Laydon. Cowan was in the lead with his "I don't care" in reference to his people, but Ladon won with the nuke. Shield up, hear the impact, brief look, keep walking? So perfect.

Random Cowan moment. "I just don't know how I'll be able to live with myself." He's so evil.

Kind of disappointed that Weir didn't immediately realize that the Genii had sent out the wanted posters. After all, how many other races knew about the ATA gene?

Minor problem with "Lieutenant Colonel errand boy to you." Which means nothing to Ladon. Yeah, we can't have them calling him by the wrong rank, but still, it grated a bit.

Loved Carson in this ep.

I didn't see the depleted ZPM coming, that was a good move.

Loved Teyla's shirt & hair when she was interrogating the villagers. She looked very cute.

Ronon putting his arm around the barkeep, the physical intimidation? Oh, I loved that so much.

"You're just saying that to be nice." One of the greatest Shep-lines ever. *Gives JF cyber-hug for great delivery* I also love how Joe went from friendly-face to business-face; it worked well.

How did Weir not mention to Shep that the dead in the infirmary weren't his men? He said he thought Lorne and his men were dead in the end, but Weir, Teyla, and Ronon all knew that the charred bodies were fakes about 11 minutes into the ep.

Loved the Shep-Lorne reunion.
                    "Way to be alive."
                    "Thanks, sir. So, uh, you come to rescue us?"
                    "Until about a moment ago I thought you were dead, but now that I see you speaking and breathing, yeah, I'm thinkin' about it."
                    "Good. Lemme know if there's anything we can do to help."

I love Lorne so much. His tone right there was so perfect. It just said, "Yep. That's my CO."

"You forget I'm the chief scientist. I made it." And Sheppard starts watching McKay a little more closely.

I kept on thinking about Russian history when watching this ep. I need to go back and read up on the Revolution.

The shots of the nuclear blast were well done.

Oh Weir, condoning coups and working with new revolutionary governments. Where oh where is your character going to be by the end of this season?

ETA: *tackle-hugs Martin Gero for writing this ep* Martin, you're my favorite.
                    They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                    Spoiler:
                    Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                      I cannot believe Elizabeth forgot about Lorne till Sheppard reminded her to send a rescue team.

I wonder if TPTB ever had an intent to kill Lorne.
                      What? how can u simply forget the prettines that is Lorne...
                      OrangeSwirl

My Graphix LJ || scifi_abc

Comment

Originally posted by Yeade
                        For reference: Aithine's List of SGA Earth Personnel.

Again, I haven't seen the episode, but I would expect the Genii to know more of the military gene carriers. There may be many scientists who also have the gene, but unless all these people are going off-world and flying jumpers or otherwise using identifiable Ancient tech, the Genii would have no way to know.

Thats a great point and something I missed... How the hell did the genii know who had the ability to utilize ancient tech?

Comment

"Hallowed is Martin Gero"

Geez is he the only writer capable of writing a good episode?

My two faves ep were Duet and now Coup d'Etat.... looks like this guy is the only one who really enjoys writing for the show! ( he's pretty new, maybe the only one who's passionate about his job?)
                          the characters are all great, it's fun, there is a lot of continuity, the plot is full of surprises ( except that, of course we knew Sheppard wouldn't be killed)

Thank you Martin! you're my only hope!

Looking forward to "Allies" now.
                          *~'.:GTA 199:.'~*
                          Je me souviens

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                            Lorne's alive! Yet, still doesn't have a first name.
                            Yay! He's alive! Let's call him "Chad." Major Chad Lorne.

Comment

Well, I ment a canon first name. The LoveLornes voted for the name Marcus a long time ago. Major Marcus Lorne!
                              Last edited by GatetheWay; 10 January 2006, 07:07 PM.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by TOA
                                How the hell did the genii know who had the ability to utilize ancient tech?
                                Well. The Genii first found out about the ATA gene in "The Storm." While Atlantis may have been presumed destroyed for a bit after "The Eye," that happy fiction was blown apart the moment the extensive Genii spy network--alluded to in "The Siege" and shown more explicitly in "The Lost Boys"--started catching Atlantis teams off-world. By "The Brotherhood," it was probably standard practice for the Genii to tail the Atlanteans whenever possible.

I assume the Genii eventually put two and two together and realized that both the jumpers and the life signs detector--which Cowen personally handled in "Underground," with McKay complaining all the while about it being delicate technology--required the ATA gene. The nukes-and-jumpers plan was obviously inspired by what Weir told them of the siege and, from there, it was simply a matter of observing Atlantis off-world teams and noting who did the piloting and who used the life signs detector.

This could also be the events of "The Tower" coming back to haunt the expedition. If it seems too far a stretch to believe the Genii could figure out what was Ancient technology and what wasn't.
                                Spoiler:
                                Specifically, if the Genii had spies on that planet who had never been privy to the secrets of the Lord Protector but who followed the Atlanteans when they arrived and, in the wake of all the excitement, were able to gather intel about what happened. Supposing the royal court was in chaos after Otho's death, a few good contacts and well placed questions might have made it clear that the Tower and most of the doohickeys in it were Ancient.

OR the Genii have successfully secured a spy in Atlantis. This would be an interesting angle to play, but I'm not sure how it'd work. What would the Genii have to offer that would entice anyone from Earth or an Athosian into the dangerous profession of selling out Atlantis? Besides, there doesn't seem to be nearly enough intelligence to suspect an inside source.

edit: tags
                                Last edited by Yeade; 06 September 2007, 02:14 PM.
                                The fact is I think I am a verb instead of a personal pronoun. A verb is anything that signifies to be, to do, or to suffer. I signify all three.

Comment

Working...
                                X