• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draft transcript is up:

http://www.brundle.free-online.co.uk...oup_DEtat.html

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
      I want to know how in the hell the Genii were able to (1) subdue Lorne's team, (2) strip them of their uniforms and dogtags, (3) dress other bodies with the uniforms, (4) set the building on fire, and (5) escape with four presumidly unconsicous or reluctant people all in a measily half hour! Not to mention that someone, either the Geni or the locals, had to put out the fire by the time Sheppard's team arrived.

I don't know how they pulled off the fire stunt, but the rest could have been done very quickly if the Genii had a lot of men with guns pointed at Lorne's team.
      They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
      Spoiler:
      Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Just plain awesome, no doubt about it. There were so many twists and turns, and I had known that ahead of time (not what the turns are, but I knew they were there), so I was analysing scenes, and pretty much saw none of it coming.

So, 5/5, and one last thing: Weir is getting so Hot(!) these days!

Comment

Originally posted by starfox
          Raise your hand if you didn't actually believe Lorne was dead.
          Yeah, that plot development was a bit obvious.

Kind of disappointed that Weir didn't immediately realize that the Genii had sent out the wanted posters. After all, how many other races knew about the ATA gene?

I didn't see the depleted ZPM coming, that was a good move.
          I thought it was lazy writing to not have Weir et al immediately suspect the Genii for the wanted posters *AND* question whether the ZPM actually functioned, rather than assuming it did. They've encountered far more depleted ZPM's than working ones. Of course, another valid question is how the Genii would have known if a ZPM was depleted or not.

Oh Weir, condoning coups and working with new revolutionary governments. Where oh where is your character going to be by the end of this season?
          Whether she condones coups or not on foreign worlds is probably irrelevant, but in point of fact, she didn't condone the premise for the coup because she sent Sheppard and McKay to warn Cowen. (Don't really know why McKay needed to go on that errand or the later mission either.) Later, when it was a choice between accepting Ladon's offer to free her men and not criticizing his nuking Cowen's battalion, it was a no-brainer, considering what Cowen was prepared to do to those same men.
          To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
            Laden had SAID he had stolen it from the Brotherhood but he lied about that. The Atlantians thought he had the Brotherhood ZPM which they knew for sure was fully charged, so why bother asking? And what were the chances he would have a dummy ZPM? I was spoiled to the wrost degree on this episode and I didn't even see it coming. Even if they had sent someone to "test" it, Laden could of said he didn't want to show it to them afraid they would double cross him, which they probably would of.
            I had serious doubts on the validity of Ladon's claim to having found the Brotherhood's ZPM. And so too should the Atlantis expedition. There was no precedent for Weir et al to trust Ladon, based on their previous encounters. If the Genii knew what a ZPM was used for, offering it in trade for a few guns and explosives is like trading a functioning nuclear power plant for a dozen box cutters and a couple of Molotov cocktails. If Ladon had asked for one or two puddle jumpers in exchange for the ZPM, that at least would have been more plausible.
            To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

I agree with those that have said that this is propably the best episode of the season. No lame thingamajigs to save the day or overly contrived dodads which is really a breath of fresh air in this show.

One does have to wonder what the hell Cowen was thinking with this stunt. Isn´t he aware of the fact that Atlantis has a battleship around? Even if he knew that it was away from the galaxy at the moment and wouldn´t be back until after this was all over there still remains the fact that the Deadalus could simply have gone into orbit around the Geni homeworld and bombed the sh!t out of their underground city in retaliation. But perhaps he had no idea about the ship

I hope the rest of the season will be like this and keep the focus on action and larger events and not on just one or two characters.

Comment

Originally posted by starfox
                Raise your hand if you didn't actually believe Lorne was dead.
                *raises hand*

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

When i first started watching the ep, i thought it was awesome. I was wondering what the hell was going on, really got me thinking, etc etc. I thought it seemed un atlantisish for what they were meant to be doing to the resistance movement, and that the episode was going downhill by then, turning into a typical genii thestormcloneplot, but fortunly, by the end of the episode it had got me thinking more and had a much better resolution. Notably i had considered whether the title would be referring to an overthrow of atlantis or the genii for most of the episode (you know, while we *think* it was making reference to a genii overthrow, it could have actually been an atlantis one). Toward the middle-end of the episode it seemed they weren't going to gain anything which annoyed me, but it was good at the end that at least they gained an ally and mended their alliance. Overall, good episode.

Comment

I agree with the general opinion here, very good episode, only beaten this Season by Critical Mass.

When Rodney was talking about getting the second ZPM and the new funky things they could do with all the extra power to Atlantis he mentioned that they might even be able to get it to fly. I know that he quickly said that wasn't possible but this could that be a pointer to the future. We know that Atlantis is effectively a big spacehsip. Do you think we'll ever have a city zipping around the Pegasus Galaxy. That would be a interesting sight.

Comment

Hey everyone. This is my first time posting on gateworld.net but i've been visiting this site for some time now, and really like what goes on in the discussion board.I was watching the episode, COUP D'ETAT, and something really bugged me about that episode.

Spoiler:

1) About the rescue, wouldn't it have been better to just beam up the hostages with the Daedalus. Whats so good about having an awesome Battle Cruiser if its not there to protect or assist people.

2) With Laydon (sp?) having the ZPM when Weir authorized Sheppard to go in and secure the ZPM, why not just beam the ZPM up.

3) Lastly, if they were going to attempt a rescue, instead of sending teams into a firefight, at least have the Daedalus blast them with their rail guns.

Its kinda sad really that when things gets exciting, the Daedalus is never around.
                      Subspace Energy Technology Thread
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

Hi - welcome to the forum

The Daedalus was not around - probably on one if its trips between Earth and Atlantis
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

Welcome to the forum

The daedalus wasn´t around for the rescue (propably in the milky way or traveling between the galaxies.

Personally I would have threatend Cowen with the Deadalus, telling him that if he didn´t release my people I´d have the ship park itself in orbit around the Genii homeworld and have it bomb the crap out their capital.

Comment

But with their spies it is possible that he knew the daedalus wasnt around and thats why he chose this time to implement the plan
                            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                            love Torri

Comment

Weir could still have threatent that she would blow up the Genii city as soon as the Daedalus was back. The Genii wouldn´t stand a chance against such an orbital bombardment.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                                Welcome to the forum

The daedalus wasn´t around for the rescue (propably in the milky way or traveling between the galaxies.

Personally I would have threatend Cowen with the Deadalus, telling him that if he didn´t release my people I´d have the ship park itself in orbit around the Genii homeworld and have it bomb the crap out their capital.
                                Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I had a better post but the forum didn't post it, (I was trying to find out how to put the spoiler tags in, thank god I found how).

Anyways we know in Grace Under Pressure that
                                Spoiler:
                                Atlantis was about to get a few F302s
                                It would have been nice if the
                                Spoiler:
                                F302s were able to fit into the gate.

We seen in earlier episodes of SG1 and even the more recent ones where primative rifles and guns can't take down a Deathglider for instance. If Atlantis was to launch the F302s on the Genii, think about it.
                                Subspace Energy Technology Thread
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

Working...
                                X