Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet another way to attack the hives (spoilers!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another way to attack the hives (spoilers!!)

We know that the wraith hive ships, crusiers, and darts, are all at least semi constructed with organic compounds. we also know that the wraith cant upgrade there technology (in terms of ship hull strength etc) because of this.

it just occured to me that we are trying to destroy there ships with a tactic of a physical kentic energy attack (missiles, rail guns etc)

maybe the answer isnt big powerful guns, but a biological answer

if and i stress IF we were able to develop an agent that could break down the organic compounds of the ships on an atomic level, would that not be a more affective way of attacking them.

i know we would have to come up with a way to deploy the weapon but maybe its worth a look into

if this has been brought up before feel free to say so

just some more of my thoughts that i have at my day at work - sad arnt i

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

I had the same idea - maybe this possible weakness was detailed in the communique the Aurora was carrying. We shouldn't have to go as far as to break hive ships down to the atomic level, though, just make a virus to cause "organ failure" (still easier said than done though).

Comment

yeah i think it is, and i have a thread on the organic weakness's of the wraith ships on the next page i think..
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

For all we know the Wraith Hive ships may be fundamentally 'alive' without any way to stop what their being used for....so if these ships are alive, what rite do we have to bugger them over with bio-warfare?
        Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

your serious rnt u? the wraith are organic...they are not alive...the english longbow is organic but its still being used as a weapon?! Trying to say we dont have the right to destroy something on the basis of its structure is ethically backwards...stopping bio warfare against the worst enemy human kinda has seen just because its ships are organic is propostarous.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by RobJones
            We know that the wraith hive ships, crusiers, and darts, are all at least semi constructed with organic compounds. we also know that the wraith cant upgrade there technology (in terms of ship hull strength etc) because of this.

it just occured to me that we are trying to destroy there ships with a tactic of a physical kentic energy attack (missiles, rail guns etc)

maybe the answer isnt big powerful guns, but a biological answer

if and i stress IF we were able to develop an agent that could break down the organic compounds of the ships on an atomic level, would that not be a more affective way of attacking them.

i know we would have to come up with a way to deploy the weapon but maybe its worth a look into

if this has been brought up before feel free to say so

just some more of my thoughts that i have at my day at work - sad arnt i
            This is a very good idea but what you have to bear in mind unfortunatly is that if the wraith have the ability to construct essentially a living starship (it's probably not sensient). That's something that's very very very advanced it's got to have to ability to self repair damage caused by solar radiation and fight infections it might pick up on planets. That means an immune system which we would have to study in order to try and defeat it. I think it's possible but it would take an awful lot of study first hand.

Comment

Originally posted by V-MAN
              This is a very good idea but what you have to bear in mind unfortunatly is that if the wraith have the ability to construct essentially a living starship (it's probably not sensient). That's something that's very very very advanced it's got to have to ability to self repair damage caused by solar radiation and fight infections it might pick up on planets. That means an immune system which we would have to study in order to try and defeat it. I think it's possible but it would take an awful lot of study first hand.
              too true, ah well, just my ideas i get floating around im sure il have another 1 soon enough!

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

in addition the wraith can definitly self heal from allie we know that the biological structure can heal itself and regenerate...but surprisingly they do now grow...which leads me to conclude that the prganics are fused with some sort of nanite based technology which they use to program the shapes and features they need to grow the ships in to.
                THis nanite structure would also form the basis for some kind of power distribution system as well.
                sigpic
                11000! green me

Comment

ok, i just realized something. why is Farscape crossing over with stargate???

i mean, we just got John Crichton on SG1, and now we have another bio ship on SGA (moya)

anybody find this funny?
                  Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
                  (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

if anyone says fargate i will explode!
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

Fargate

Organic as in living as in for all we know it has a mind. I'm gonna say it even if it upsets people

you look at moya which is even less organical looking and u wouldnt guess its a living ship, u take the pilot out and frack around im sure u could work it on ur own,

just because the wraith fly them doesnt mean the hive ships arnt alive, might be some big space bug that they stuck engines on!
                      Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
                        Fargate

Organic as in living as in for all we know it has a mind. I'm gonna say it even if it upsets people

you look at moya which is even less organical looking and u wouldnt guess its a living ship, u take the pilot out and frack around im sure u could work it on ur own,

just because the wraith fly them doesnt mean the hive ships arnt alive, might be some big space bug that they stuck engines on!
                        That would be cool, 2 hive ships get it on and a few months later out pops a cute little cruiser, a decade later it's grown up into a hive

Comment

Originally posted by V-MAN
                          That would be cool, 2 hive ships get it on and a few months later out pops a cute little cruiser, a decade later it's grown up into a hive
                          lol that would be funny. Maybe we already know the weakness, just give them the Ascen vaccine make them sterile problem solved. no more ships can then be made.

Seriously tho why were the ancients looking for a weakness in wraith tech. I mean they already knew one being that their tech was superior. Their weapons blow wraith tech up. So why were they looking for weaknesses and trying to build bigger better space guns when the tech they had was sufficient. The whole story seems very contradictary at present

Comment

If it's organic then we may not even need a virus, just some hostile chemicals. I was thinking balloons of acids and bases at temperatures where they won't freeeze immediately. Make a bombing run on the hive and splashy burny ouchy ouchy. Then where the to liquids meet, they form water and then freeze, creating an obstacle for the Wraith darts.
                            Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                            The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                            I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                            A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                            That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                            Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                            Caboose: They could be worse?
                            Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master
                              If it's organic then we may not even need a virus, just some hostile chemicals. I was thinking balloons of acids and bases at temperatures where they won't freeeze immediately. Make a bombing run on the hive and splashy burny ouchy ouchy. Then where the to liquids meet, they form water and then freeze, creating an obstacle for the Wraith darts.
                              If acid is to burn isn't Oxygen needed for the reaction to take place? There's a lack of that in the vacuum of space. I might be wrong tho.

Comment

Working...
                              X