No announcement yet.

Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did Carter and his daughter pass themselves at the beginning? That is bugging me.
    sigpic
    ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

I think it was just mean't to be a freak event result of time being messed up. I don't know why they'd be driving in the opposite direction though.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
        I think it was just mean't to be a freak event result of time being messed up. I don't know why they'd be driving in the opposite direction though.
        With the girl smiling and waving. Maybe just a freak event to grab interest at the beginning. But it still bugs me that it wasn't brought up. Or at least addressed after the fact since the daughter had mentioned it several times. Just a little "That was why........"

I did enjoy it and will watch next week.
        sigpic
        ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

I thought that they passed themselves, the people on the way out of town were from the future, kind of like they go into the town and they both hate each other and then when they leave the town both of them are well adjusted and love each other again. Least the girl on the way out looked normal in the brief glance we had, i.e. no strange hair or nose ring.

I enjoyed the show, think it has real potential but I don't understand why they aren't putting it on friday nights after the gates just to build an audience. Of course it is good to see Sci-fi busting out on another night, only so many B grade movies they can play. Only thing I really didn't like was the daughter, seems like the writters will use her as a plot device to give her dad something.

Comment

I think it'll be on my regular tuesday viewing for a while.

Rather liked it.

I always enjoy Fish (the dude from Ally McBeal). He does great voice.

Liked the resolution, but agree with most that some of the characters need a bit of work.
            Thanks!
            Jordan

my page
            My LJ
            From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative
              I thought that they passed themselves, the people on the way out of town were from the future, kind of like they go into the town and they both hate each other and then when they leave the town both of them are well adjusted and love each other again. Least the girl on the way out looked normal in the brief glance we had, i.e. no strange hair or nose ring.

I enjoyed the show, think it has real potential but I don't understand why they aren't putting it on friday nights after the gates just to build an audience. Of course it is good to see Sci-fi busting out on another night, only so many B grade movies they can play. Only thing I really didn't like was the daughter, seems like the writters will use her as a plot device to give her dad something.
              I did not watch the episode until 1am so I was not watching perhaps as closely and did not see the difference, only the smile and wave. That explanation will do for me. Thanks.

I have to admit that while watching, considering it was on SciFi, I was half expecting to see mansquitoes and giant leeches. I was pleasantly surprised there.
              sigpic

Comment

The episode in a word was Fantastic nice to see something on the lighter side of life. My wife and i both loved the episode and its kinda campy feel. The fact that he may be the only person in town with any common sense is rather intresting in a city of nerds.
                The enemy has spoken

Comment

Originally posted by All hail the USAF
                  Wait wait wait...Jack Carter? Thats cool...I wonder when Samatha Jackson and George O'Niell or maybe Daniel Hammond are gonna show up...
                  Well, the guy who started it all(in the episode) was named Walter, although that's probably a coincidence.
                  Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                  Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                  -Audioslave

Comment

I ejoyed it a lot, and the daughter is a hottie
                    When I wake up..I think of you Steve.
                    I miss you.
                    Please...please come back one day.

(Steve the Wraith from Season 1)

Comment

I liked the show alot, and we have a new Jack to drool over.

Comment

It's an interesting show, I like it a lot, will defo tune-in next week

Jack Carter is pretty much like Jack O'Neill, solving difficult problems with simple-effective solutions
                        sigpic
                        sig.by : lilferret

Comment

It definitely lived up to my expectations. And it was nice to see Gary Chalk. And Deborah Farentino. Speaking of which--
                          Spoiler:
                          I so did not expect to see her kill Walter's wife.
                          This could get interesting....

I'm not sure if I need spoilers, but just in case.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Maybe the "leaving the town" them will be in the last ep. They're finally ready to move on beyond Eureka and pass themselves coming in. Nice contrast.

Comment

I thought the episode was very intersting myself.
                              sigpic
                              Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

I liked the show too, for the most part... Was a little disappointed at the portrayal of women in the first episode, though. It's a town full of scientists, you'd think they could have worked in one or two female geniuses... even the two kids were boys! I probably wouldn't have noticed, if they hadn't also had the main character (Jack) make a comment about the DOD chick not looking like a scientist. Grrr...

Still, I'll keep watching (as a scientist myself, I'm lovin' the geektown idea)...

Comment

Working...
                                X