Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazz!
    Haha, I'll start watching it for that name combo alone... but it sounds intriguing enough ( and looks cools enough ) that I'll stay cos of the story.
    Lol!

I've got some pics that I took while they were here filming, I'll see if I can dig up some good ones and I'll post them if I can find the time to edit them.

Comment

The SciFi Channel has a new web site available for their new series, "Eureka" (starring Jack Carter - LOL!), that premieres Tuesday, July 18th at 9pm.

http://www.scifi.com/eureka/

"Nestled in the Pacific Northwest, Eureka is a seemingly ordinary town whose residents lead ordinary lives … at least to the naked eye. Shrouded in secrecy, the picturesque hamlet is actually a community of scientific geniuses assembled by the government to conduct top-secret research."

The site has available:

June 15, 2006

Watch exclusive video previews of Eureka and cast interviews on SCI FI Pulse

http://www.scifi.com/pulse/

Everything else (About, News, Episodes, Cast, Video, Gallery, Download and Bboard) appears to be inactive at this time.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

So is Eureka the series they invented to give all their "This is SCIFI" spot writers something to do between gigs? 'cause all the commercials I've seen so far look like the kinds of funky things they do to advertise the network. The basketball court/skate park, the self-constructing home, the walking boat...

I'm curious to see the show, but I hope it has SOME kind of substance.

Comment

Thanks for the link!

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
            Thanks for the link!

You're welcome.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I didn't realize Deborah Farentino was going to be in it. She was great in Earth 2, so it will be nice to see her again.

It's set in the Pacific Northwest--I wonder if it's going to remain that nebulous, or if they have a specific locale in mind.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Well I'm guessing the specific locale will be "Eureka"

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                  Well I'm guessing the specific locale will be "Eureka"
                  I phrased that badly, didn't I?

I meant, I wonder if it's supposed to be in Washington, or Oregon, or what; or if it's near Seattle, or the Canadian border, or Mount Hood--you know, that kind of thing.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Comment

I had an idea what you meant but that was irresistable.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

*sigh* I make myself such an easy target, don't I?

Comment

I actually just recently caught wind of this (and this thread has definately helped to fill me in).

There are some really cool promos on the official site (www.scifi.com/eureka)

Looks awesome....sort of like a Twin Peaks meets X Men meets Northern Exposure or something.

Its on Tuesdays, right?

Comment

Originally posted by starlightgazer
                          Its on Tuesdays, right?
                          indeed.
                          Spoiler:
                          Before you met me I was a fairy princess
                          I caught frogs and called them prince
                          And made myself a queen
                          Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
                          I slept in castles and fell in love
                          Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
                          To capture tinkerbell
                          They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
                          But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
                          And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
                          And anything I can to get by
                          And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

Originally posted by Gatemage
                            indeed.

Is it up against anything good? I'll be tuning in for sure....

Comment

As a general rule, summer tv sucks. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that it will conflict with. Everything else worth watching is in reruns.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                                As a general rule, summer tv sucks. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that it will conflict with. Everything else worth watching is in reruns.
                                Yeah, that's true. I tend to restrict my TV watching in the summer bc the weather here in DC is generally so nice. Anyway, the media coverage that I've read thus far has been pretty good. (USA Today had a good article a few days ago).

Looking forward to July 18th.

Comment

Working...
                                X