Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cylons by Class: Cover the classes, find the Cylons ( Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cylons by Class: Cover the classes, find the Cylons ( Spoilers)

WARNING:

THIS THREAD IS RIDDLED WITH SPOILERS FOR THIS SEASON AND THE NEXT. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Maybe it's just me, but doesn't it seem like each Cylon has a class? Boomer is a pilot, Number 6 is a spy (the USSR were almost exclusively all female for USA work because women can seduce), that dude from the mini is a civilian trader, the guy from Ander's world (Caprica) is a doctor..... what else is there?

The thing that intrigues me is that the Cylons do everything possible to carry out the ancient prophecies. Does this mean that the priestess lady who died will come back? Or is the chosen one herself (read: Roslin) a Cylon?

Is there a Cylon diplomat (read: Person who died in Sacrifices)?

Ponder away, everybody (Cylon classes remind of me of The Village People)
    Last edited by sharkface217; 15 February 2006, 05:11 PM.
    Fan of Sci Fi Fridays..... and I predict that Cally is a Cylon (but she doesn't know it, yet).

Originally posted by sharkface217
    the guy from Ander's world is a doctor.....
    Caprica?
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
      Caprica?
      Thanks; I figured it was Caprica, but since I don't have time to currently proof read...
      Fan of Sci Fi Fridays..... and I predict that Cally is a Cylon (but she doesn't know it, yet).

Comment

lol there's only been two planets on the show, and one was the namesake of the end of season 1
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

lol there's only been two planets on the show, and one was the namesake of the end of season 1
          Haha, oops. Forgot my ADD meds today; sorry.

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but doesn't it seem like each Cylon has a class? Boomer is a pilot, Number 6 is a spy (the USSR were almost exclusively all female for USA work because women can seduce), that dude from the mini is a civilian trader, the guy from Ander's world (Caprica) is a doctor..... what else is there?

The thing that intrigues me is that the Cylons do everything possible to carry out the ancient prophecies. Does this mean that the priestess lady who died will come back? Or is the chosen one herself (read: Roslin) a Cylon?

Is there a Cylon diplomat (read: Person who died in Sacrifices)

Ponder away, everybody (Cylon classes remind of me of The Village People)
            Well, men can seduce, but it has to be more emotional seduction than physical.

Number Six/Shelly Godfrey/Gina - Corporate Spy/Systems Analyst/SpaceDock Technician.
            Aaron Doral - Public Relations Guy
            Lt. Sharon "Boomer" Valerii - Raptor Pilot
            Leobon Conroy - Arms Dealer
            Simon - Doctor
            D'anna Biers - Journalist

Comment

cylon speculaton spoilers
              Spoiler:
              Your theory sounds good, at the outset, but it doesn't hold up. D'Anna Biers and Aaron Doral are both in the media. D'Anna is a reporter, Doral is Public Relations (?) Regardless, they're both media people, so if there were classes, you would think that those two wouldn't overlap as much as they do.

Brother Caval (played by Dean Stockwell), which will be appearing in the final two episodes this season (Lay Down Your Burdens Parts I & II) is a Cylon peace emissary and one of their religious leaders.

So there have been 7 models identified, if I missed any, please let me know.

Sharon/Boomer - pilot/assassin
              Gina/Six - terrorist/spy
              Leoben Conoy - posing as a civilian trader/salvage --- sabotage agent
              Simon - the doctor from "The Farm"
              D'Anna Biers - reporter/spy
              Aaron Doral - Public Relations/Media --- suicide bomber
              Brother Caval - peace emmisary/religious leader

Only 5 more humanoid models to go.
              Spoiler:
              Cally's probably going to turn out to be a Cylon, especially if that's the Chief beating her up in the preview of this week's episode. Just think of it, she kills Sharon who's the "sleeper" agent, who's trying to fight her programming, to get in good with the rest of the fleet.

Nobody would suspect her, looks innocent, unassuming, nowhere near a threat. She was also the only one on Kobol that wasn't ready, if it came down to it, to attack the Cylons and sowed dissention within the ranks, which led to the killing of Crashdown.

She's also in a prime position to eventually commit acts of sabotage against the fleet, once her orders are activiated. Why wouldn't the Cylons want somebody on the deck crew?

Add everything up and it makes perfect sense.
              Last edited by Skydiver; 15 February 2006, 05:10 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by Section_One
                -information about Cylons and an actor portraying one in the last episode of the season
                Dammit, thank you VERY much for your use of spoiler tags

Comment

I'm not sure if he's a Cylon or a convert.

Comment

Common knowledge, or are the main stories on the front page now spoilers as well?

You're VERY welcome for using tags on the things that haven't been fully revealed as of yet. Anytime.

lol

Comment

reporter

Comment

Some more thoughts on the subject.

A few months ago when I still had DSL, I remember reading or hearing a comment from David Eich (??) that the 12 Cylons models were modeled after each of the twelve basic human personality types. He did not elaborate on what the twelve types might be.

The most frequently referenced personality typology today was developed by Myers and Briggs who came up with sixteen personality types based upon the selection of one of each of four opposing attributes (introversion/extroversion, sensation/intuition, thinking/feeling, judging/perceiving) Each personality is composed of one of each of these four opposed concepts. For ex. INTJ or ESFP. The sixteen personality types turned out to be: architect, inventor, scientist, fieldmarshall, questor, journalist, author, pedagogue, seller, conservator, entertainer, artist, administrator, trustee, promoter, and artisan. These terms are a little narrow for the concepts. "Architect" for example, means not just a person who designs buildings, but an abstract designer of ideas and includes mathematicians and philosophers. The following is summary from a book by David Keirsey called "Please Understand Me".

Architect (Abstract designer of ideas)
                        Inventor (Wants to replace the existing with something better)
                        Scientist (Wishes to control nature)
                        Fieldmarshall (Wants to marshall forces and conduct war)
                        Questor (A moral crusader)
                        Journalist (Bearer of news)
                        Author (The Oracle)
                        Pedagogue (Teacher/Catalyst for growth in others)
                        Seller
                        Conservator (One who is morally bound to protect his charges)
                        Entertainer
                        Artist (Frequently a pacifist or environmentalist)
                        Administrator (Preserves the established order)
                        Trustee (paragon of preparation, strong desire to be trusted, a rock)
                        Promoter (A wheeler-dealer)
                        Artisan (An adventurer not a craftsperson)

I would omit Artist, Artisan, Trustee. Not sure about the fourth.

For the six Cylons we already know:

Six/Gina (Fieldmarshall)
                        Leoban (Author (oracle))
                        Doral (Administrator)
                        D'Anna Biers (Journalist, too easy)
                        Sharon (Conservator--wants to protect Helo and her child)
                        Dr. Simon (Scientist/Inventor--wants to create cylon babies)

For the Cylon who is coming in the finale...(Questor/Pedagogue?)

For the Suspected Cylons:

Dee/Gaeta (Trustee/Administrator--too similar to Doral)
                        Baltar (Architect/Inventor/Scientist)
                        Roslin (pedagogue)
                        Zarek (Promoter)
                        Ellen (Entertainer--just a joke!)

Possible Cylons TBA:

Someone from the Peace Movement (Artist (pacifist))
                        Someone in Politics or the Black Market (Seller/Promoter)
                        An Adventurer (Artisan) and an (Entertainer)

Feel free to comment...

Comment

Originally posted by Section_One
                          Common knowledge, or are the main stories on the front page now spoilers as well?

You're VERY welcome for using tags on the things that haven't been fully revealed as of yet. Anytime.

lol
                          Front page? The front page stories on this site are about Stargate. There's nothing in the front page stories on the BSG section about....the aforementioned actor. It most certainly is not common knowledge and I (and many others) would appreciate it if you'd keep all info about upcoming episodes in SPOILER tags at all times. Thank you.

Comment

SPOILERS BELOW:

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by DigiFluid

lol
                            Seriously dude, use spoiler tags (not this guy, the one who didn't use spoiler tags). You pretty much just ruined the next few episodes for me (I didn't know Dean Stockwell from Quantum Leap would be a Cylon).

Thanks, man.

[sarcasm\]

Originally posted by Astaire310
                            Some more thoughts on the subject.

A few months ago when I still had DSL, I remember reading or hearing a comment from David Eich (??) that the 12 Cylons models were modeled after each of the twelve basic human personality types. He did not elaborate on what the twelve types might be.

The most frequently referenced personality typology today was developed by Myers and Briggs who came up with sixteen personality types based upon the selection of one of each of four opposing attributes (introversion/extroversion, sensation/intuition, thinking/feeling, judging/perceiving) Each personality is composed of one of each of these four opposed concepts. For ex. INTJ or ESFP. The sixteen personality types turned out to be: architect, inventor, scientist, fieldmarshall, questor, journalist, author, pedagogue, seller, conservator, entertainer, artist, administrator, trustee, promoter, and artisan. These terms are a little narrow for the concepts. "Architect" for example, means not just a person who designs buildings, but an abstract designer of ideas and includes mathematicians and philosophers. The following is summary from a book by David Keirsey called "Please Understand Me".

Architect (Abstract designer of ideas)
                            Inventor (Wants to replace the existing with something better)
                            Scientist (Wishes to control nature)
                            Fieldmarshall (Wants to marshall forces and conduct war)
                            Questor (A moral crusader)
                            Journalist (Bearer of news)
                            Author (The Oracle)
                            Pedagogue (Teacher/Catalyst for growth in others)
                            Seller
                            Conservator (One who is morally bound to protect his charges)
                            Entertainer
                            Artist (Frequently a pacifist or environmentalist)
                            Administrator (Preserves the established order)
                            Trustee (paragon of preparation, strong desire to be trusted, a rock)
                            Promoter (A wheeler-dealer)
                            Artisan (An adventurer not a craftsperson)

I would omit Artist, Artisan, Trustee. Not sure about the fourth.

For the six Cylons we already know:

Six/Gina (Fieldmarshall)
                            Leoban (Author (oracle))
                            Doral (Administrator)
                            D'Anna Biers (Journalist, too easy)
                            Sharon (Conservator--wants to protect Helo and her child)
                            Dr. Simon (Scientist/Inventor--wants to create cylon babies)

For the Cylon who is coming in the finale...(Questor/Pedagogue?)

For the Suspected Cylons:

Dee/Gaeta (Trustee/Administrator--too similar to Doral)
                            Baltar (Architect/Inventor/Scientist)
                            Roslin (pedagogue)
                            Zarek (Promoter)
                            Ellen (Entertainer--just a joke!)

Possible Cylons TBA:

Someone from the Peace Movement (Artist (pacifist))
                            Someone in Politics or the Black Market (Seller/Promoter)
                            An Adventurer (Artisan) and an (Entertainer)

Feel free to comment...

Roslin being a pedagogue would be one of the most obvious ones. This classification so far holds up very well. Bravo on your long-winded but most helpful post.

But.... How do we know Leoban was a Cylon? I don't remember them showing proof that she was a toaster.....

END SPOILERS

Comment

But.... How do we know Leoban was a Cylon? I don't remember them showing proof that she was a toaster.....
                              Leoban, a male, was hiding at Ragnar Anchorage during the miniseries. He's the one the now-Admiral killed in the bowels of the station.
                              Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X