This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about we bring some Puddle Jumpers to Earth

In the Atlantis episode "The Tower" we basically doubled the number of PJs we have so why not bring at least 4 back to Earth to help defend the planet? Atlantis expedition is already short of capable PJ pilots so might as well not let them go to waste over there in the Pegasys Galaxy. It would be so cool to see the Odyssey carrying a PJ on board and dispatch a cloaked PJ and totally smash the Lucian Alliance and also a couple Ori ships when they enter the galaxy closer to Earth.

Heck, at the very least we could have a couple of them protecting Earth when and if enemy vessels approach.

i agree... even if they cant send them through the gate they can have a few board the big ship... what was the name of it again... anyways... 18 days and earth would have a few ships to own a few really annoying ppl
    "I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony."
    "Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried."
    "I shot him. In the leg."
    "I'm invulnerable."
    "Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?"
    "In-vul-ner-able!"

Comment

Originally posted by XxDark-LordxX
      i agree... even if they cant send them through the gate they can have a few board the big ship... what was the name of it again... anyways... 18 days and earth would have a few ships to own a few really annoying ppl
      Completely pssible but highly unlikely

The occaional cross over is fine but Puddlejumpers are an Atlantis thing and won't crossover (atleast permenantly) just like zats are n SG-1 thing and won't cross over
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
        Completely pssible but highly unlikely

The occaional cross over is fine but Puddlejumpers are an Atlantis thing and won't crossover (atleast permenantly) just like zats are n SG-1 thing and won't cross over
        I would like more crossover on these shows.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

Bringing Jumpers to Earth is a brillient idea, but they could be sent there on the Daedy.

Comment

Slight problem though....PJ drones do run out and if done so then they would need some replacements. If there are residual drones in the antartica outpost then that won't be a problem but if there arnt then well...problem.

Also i agree with that, don't think it will happen considering they want to keep the shows separate and distinct from one another.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Yeah replacing Drones is becoming a big problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                Slight problem though....PJ drones do run out and if done so then they would need some replacements. If there are residual drones in the antartica outpost then that won't be a problem but if there arnt then well...problem.

Also i agree with that, don't think it will happen considering they want to keep the shows separate and distinct from one another.
                Well in the Seige II Everett commented that the Ancient weapon in Antarctica controlled "thousands" of drones, and I don't think that they could all have been fired, so they probably wouldn't run out. Actually, that always bugged me, why didn't the Deadalus bring a couple of hundred drones over on a supply run. OF course after the Tower it isn't necessary, but even so, seems odd given that Earth doesn't have a ZPM and therefore can't use the drones it has!
                Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

I thought we had a ZPM on earth and that the one they used to launch the drones pluse power one worm hole to atlantis and the reason its not being used to allow 2 way worm holes is they want to have the artic defences operational. I know for definate the one on atliantis is a new one found buried after the atliantis expadtion left mabey the one SG-1 did all that time travling to get.

HER'AK: "No matter what you have endured, you have never experienced the likes of what Anubis is capable of."
                  O'NEILL:"You ended that sentence with a preposition. *******!"

Comment

SPOILERS (read bottom of page)

In seige part 3 makay uses a nakwada genorator mk 2 to power the little drones they have left in atlantis earth usses that dont they?

Comment

Chain of events:
                      • ZPM is used to power Antartica outpost which destroys Goa'uld fleet
                      • ZPM used to power a one way gate to Atlantis, ZPM is then depleted
                      • ZPM found in Egypt and placed on Daedalus for transport
                      • Mark 2 Naquada Reactor used to temporarily power drones in Atlantus to fight off Wraith attack, drones depleted
                      • ZPM arrives in Pegasus galaxy, powers Atlantis

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Take all those drones that were headed towards the village in "The Tower" and round them up and use naquada generators to power them on Earth using Antartic outpost chair or just use them for backup replacements once the PJs run out of ammo. It should only take like 2 drones to wipe out a gouald mothership because their shields are of no use against them and PJs usually have about 6 or 8 drones loaded when at full capacity.

I just think they are killing both shows because if we as fans are expected to believe both shows are following a similar timeline than the writers should be using crossover weapons and tactics to better help the respective teams combat their situations.

Comment

Here's a Question, why don't they download the entire Ancient Database, strip all usefull technology, remove the ZPM, Board the Daedalus, destroy Atlantis and return to Earth?

The tablet spoke of Atlantis, a city with a vast cache of ancient weapons, where are these?? They can download the database and go home. Why continuously tempt fate with the Wraith finding out about Earth?

Original Mission: Acquire technology and knwoledge in order to help defend Earth.

Actual Mission: Horde all technology sending none back to Earth, set up shop needlessly, reduce one of earth only 2 Space ships to an intergalactic ferry, deprive Earth's defence outpost of a working ZPM, risk allowing an enemy that feeds off Humans finding out where Earth is and finding the means of getting there.

How does what they are doing now corresponde to their original mission?????

Comment

Originally posted by Nero
                            Here's a Question, why don't they download the entire Ancient Database, strip all usefull technology, remove the ZPM, Board the Daedalus, destroy Atlantis and return to Earth?

The tablet spoke of Atlantis, a city with a vast cache of ancient weapons, where are these?? They can download the database and go home. Why continuously tempt fate with the Wraith finding out about Earth?

Original Mission: Acquire technology and knwoledge in order to help defend Earth.

Actual Mission: Horde all technology sending none back to Earth, set up shop needlessly, reduce one of earth only 2 Space ships to an intergalactic ferry, deprive Earth's defence outpost of a working ZPM, risk allowing an enemy that feeds off Humans finding out where Earth is and finding the means of getting there.

Actually they have been sending back the database
                            In Avalon and Prototype SG-1 comment on how they received information from part of the Ancient Database sent back from Atlantis

Secondly you can't strip Atlantis of all useful technology easily, its a flying city its huge, and stripping out the technology would undoubtably damage it. The city itself is all useful technology
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nero

The Ancient Database is too large to just download and send. It's why they couldn't send the entire thing back in Letters From Pegasus. My guess would be that when Atlantis dials home for their weekly status report, they send a little piece of the Database home as well so that all the big brains left on Earth can study it.

They've been in Atlantis for two years now and haven't even scratched the surface of what could be found in Atlantis. We're talking an expedition with around 200-500 people (not counting the crew of the Daedalus) exploring a city the size of Manhattan. It will take awhile before they discover all the nifty things stored in the database and the city itself.
                              ...Stargate is not about the angry nerd.

-David Hewlett,
                              Gateworld Podcast Episode #8

Comment

Working...
                              X