This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tech of battlestar galactica

my first question is what type of power source is used to power the technology in battlestargalactica, are they using somthing like zpm's or are they using nuclear technology,

Originally posted by acended phoenix
    my first question is what type of power source is used to power the technology in battlestargalactica, are they using somthing like zpm's or are they using nuclear technology,

I would assume nuclear just because BSG isnt setup like Star Trek, their weapons are bullets, not lasers, and their biggest weapon on board is a nuke not a photon torpedo.

Comment

Well that one episode where they attacked that Cylon mining outpost mentioned Tylinium. The same energy source as the original at least in name. But they didn't explain it yet.

Comment

I think it's Tyllium.

Comment

The Engines run on "Adama" it's a unique power source.

What happens is Admiral Adama walks up to the Engines Stares at them with that icy stare of his and yells "GO!!" and out of sheer terror they go.

It's much more efficient than nuclear power.
          Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

If your looking for detailed explanations your probably never going to get them. RDM has said numerous times he doesn't want any sort of techno-babble flooding the scripts. IMO, that's good.
            Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton
              RDM has said numerous times he doesn't want any sort of techno-babble flooding the scripts. IMO, that's good.
              Amen to that!

Comment

Originally posted by somedude
                I think it's Tyllium.
                I also think that it is Tyllium. They sure do spend a lot of time mining it. I also like the fact that they don't spend a lot of time talking in technobabble. Even though I like it on Star Trek, the lack of technobabble is part of what makes this show great. I like the retro-tech look of everything and how it takes more than a push of a button to do something around the ship.
                -Hamy Seven

Col. O'Neill: "Jaffa jokes? Let's hear one of them."

Teal'c: "I shall attempt to translate one O'Neill. A serpent guard, a Horus guard, and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's...nose drips." [Teal'c bursts into laughter]

3x02 Seth

Comment

I think Tyllium is like the BSG form of deuterium...of course...that seems a bit odd...why would they be drilling rocks for it...

Comment

Originally posted by acended phoenix

Check out BSwiki good stuff there!!

www.battlestarwiki.org
                    A wise man once said,"The only way to live in peace is to prepare for all out war". I say," PEACE VIA SUPERIOR FIREPOWER and the resolve to use it".

Comment

Does it seem probable that the Vipers have a small cargo compartment, big ebough for pilot's survival gear etc?

It occured to me after watching the mini-series (again), there must be a cargo compartment - where else would Lee have gotten his dress uniforms from?
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

hell even earth tech from sg1 could own bsg tech

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                          That may be the point. The simplicity of Battlestar Galactica is simple but it gets the job done. Battlestar Pegusus, on the other hand, is much more showy, but seems to have been designed with some obvious things overlooked. For one, notice how the CIC of the Pegusus has all that glass. It looks great, but as the commercials for this Friday's episode show (The Captain's Hand); it can be shot through. So much for usefulness.
                          Fan of Sci Fi Fridays..... and I predict that Cally is a Cylon (but she doesn't know it, yet).

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                            No way. The Tau ri ship would fire one or two missiles like usual. They would get intercepted by Galactica's ridiculous point defence and then the captain would sit there picking his nose and firing his own point defence railguns at the Galactica as if that was supposed to do something.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros
                              No way. The Tau ri ship would fire one or two missiles like usual. They would get intercepted by Galactica's ridiculous point defence and then the captain would sit there picking his nose and firing his own point defence railguns at the Galactica as if that was supposed to do something.
                              What? SG1 earth ships have energy shields that can take an enormous amount of pounding(i.e. thousands of megatons) BSG can take one nuke but it chews up the ship pretty badly, i don't think it's wise to compare sg1 and bsg universe's, they're just too different

For BSG, Stargate eps and discussion visit TheBestTrek

Comment

Working...
                              X